PDA

View Full Version : Meditations on the weather.

beto9
2010-06-25, 05:57 PM
It seems that weather forecasts are as good as trying to guess the 6/49 numbers. One chance in some millions.
Last year we missed a lot of good flying days because of some unreliable forecasts.
It pays to remember that 40% probability of showers equals 60% probability of no showers.
That said, still is a good idea to head to the field and at worst, eat your sandwich with good company under the shelter.

And now we have an hour by hour "weather conditions" report from Vadim... which other club has that?

Sempai-mj
2010-06-25, 08:09 PM
Yes I agree Albert,

Two weeks in a row we waited out the rain and wind under the shelter and after 40 - 60 minutes the sun came out and calm winds prevailed.

Vadim S
2010-06-26, 10:46 AM
If you guys wanted to we could set up a weather station at my place i wouldnt mind that way i dont even need to post every hour you could even put a webcam on it and point it to the field to see sky conditions...

Burning Head
2010-06-27, 02:46 PM
Weather station sound great,stock at a safety place:cool: Is it expensif to buy or rent. Boff..., old pilot no went is time fly:D. keep going with your great job Vadim. but dont forget to fly too:D