PDA

View Full Version : WWII B-25J MITCHELL Bomber

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-05, 01:40 PM
Today,

I order the Hangar9 B-25J MITCHELL ARF.

I should have the kit box heading my way by friday afternoon if all goes well ...

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/HAN/250/HAN4450-250.jpg

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Files/HAN4450.wmv

Some hystory here about that light weight bomber
and all her 50mm caliber machines gun's to to act on CAS to the Marines Corp from the enemy fields and beach's:

The B-25J Mitchell is,
the best known and most important medium bomber of WWII and was also effective as an attack aircraft in low level strafing attacks—using large numbers of machine guns to obliterate targets on land and the surface of the sea. Although it was operated mainly by the U.S. Army Air Corps, it was also flown by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Thanks to its durability and dependability, the B-25 flew in all climates, against all enemies and in virtually every theatre of WWII.

Characterized by its mid-mounted gull wings with engine nacelles beneath, oval fuselage cross section, twin vertical tails, tricycle landing gear, and greenhouse-style canopy, the B-25 Mitchell is the most widely used and recognized medium bomber of the era.

The B-25 Mitchell is most famously known for its use in Lieutenant Colonel James “Jimmy” Doolittle’s daylight raid on Tokyo on April 18, 1942. “Jimmy” Doolittle led the attack of 16 B-25s from the aircraft carrier USS Hornet CV-8 to strike the Japanese homeland for the first time in WWII. This daring mission boosted American morale, and to this day, is considered a major turning point of the war. Hangar 9’s stunning replica is based on the B-25J Mitchell; there are an incredible 700+ variants of the B-25J model including Hangar 9’s incredibly accurate “Mitch the Witch II” scheme. The full-scale “Mitch the Witch II” is housed at the Palm Springs Air Museum in Palm Springs, California. The model is still considered airworthy. Interestingly, the model was flown as the “Ruptured Duck” in the 2000 Hollywoood release of the popular WWII movie Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor B-25
GO GO GO ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqU_WH8Cd0&feature=related

Product Specifications
Wingspan: 80.7 in (2050mm)
Overall Length: 63.0 in (1600mm)
Wing Area: 851 sq in (54.9 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 13.5–15.5 lb (6.1 kg–7.0 kg) (glow 2-stroke, or electric)
Engine Size: .36- .40 2-stroke glow engine
Motor Size: Power 46 BL outrunner motor
Radio: 6 channels or more
Servos: 10 servos (11 with retracts); 8 servos (9 with retracts) for electric conversion
Trim Scheme Colors: Gray, Olive Drab, Sky Blue, and Dark Yellow UltraCote
CG (center of gravity): 3.75 in (95mm)
Wing Loading: 36.5–42.0 oz/sq ft
Prop Size: 10.5 x 4 3-Blade to 11 x 4 2-blade for 2-stroke glow; 13 x 8E for electric
Spinner Size: 3/4" spinner nut 1/4–28 threads (glow); 3/4" spinner nut 5/16-24 threads (electric)
Hardware Included: Yes
Speed Control : 60-amp
Recommended Battery: Thunder Power 4S 14.8V 3850mAh to 4200mAh Li-Po (2 required)
Flaps: Yes
Retracts: Optional
Scale: Warbird

Burning Head
2010-07-05, 03:18 PM
Did you see this one LM http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/159552.asp very cool too and for the weight 5.5lb with out electronic and lipo for shure:D

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-05, 04:24 PM
Did you see this one LM http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/159552.asp very cool too and for the weight 5.5lb with out electronic and lipo for shure:D

Hey BH,

yeah I did!!
Nice too ...

But I got hook and deep for the hangar9 B-25 and for it wing span.
It will look good in the air as size goes.

I'm glade I made the move on the B-25J and will be on it as soon
as I come back home from vacation. What the you fly those days BH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdA34IeSasM

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-07, 06:53 PM
In 2 days ...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2349455636_9d4203d04c_b.jpg

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-10, 07:11 AM
Good NEWS!

The B-25J MITCHEll as arrived friday and waiting for me at the hobbyshop.
Will most likely be passing by on monday to get it.

This week did upload for my RealFlight SIM the B-25J Mitchell and been having
great time with is flying ways. Just a dream to handle and very gentel on the
approach and landing. The nices way to land this B-25J is to get flap down to
a 15 or 20 degrees angle and your in for a smooth approach ride. The short landing are
so cool and the smame for short T/O.

At lease it gave me a good idea how it handle as flying goes.

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-12, 06:55 AM
Right after lunch with my wonderfull Mom,
will be the pick up time at the store of the B-25J Mitchell !!!

Weeppee !!

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-12, 01:29 PM
Okay,
when home to cut the lawn this morning and breakfast with my lovely Mom.
Then shower and leave home for the hobbystore to pick up my B25J Mitchell.

While arriving there, I bump on Mr.Ken that was purchasing part of his son Rc truck. Then he left, as I guess he was on his lunch time break.

Then Pete got to say,, okay, I'm going to get your B-25 from the back
store,,, and he did. Ouff,,, what a large kit box it is. We did open it up and Pete got to see all in the right position and rap for transport was very good. He also mention he thought of that kit 4 months a go for a 4 strokes. Maybe a other B-25J Mitchell owner soon ,, who know's ... lol ...

Well now I got back to the manoir were I am on vacation. The box in on the diner table now later this afternoon I will revise all parts from that box so no damage issues are to be repported later. Till now all looks good.

I also got the super scale retractable landing gears and strut's that was made for that Hangar9 B-25J Mitchell kit from Robart products. Pete and I revise to check the product in the box early this morning while I was there and all look very nice and good. What a amazing job thos guy's have done on the gears strut's and retractables system.

So I'll be later on to put up some pictures of the open box happening ...
Will see if I find time to do that today. I shure will try buddies. rest of the week,, I will be very busy with other stuff.

But till now,,, I am very satisfy of what I got my self as a fully scale WWII flying machine. It was worth the time to search and wait on for that kind of scale kit early on for all those months that I did'nt have a clue what I was looking for.

Now,
I am very happy to have been patient and took the time to find something so fantastic to built and making it real.

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-19, 08:13 AM
Okay,
I am back at my home from the hole last 2 weeks staying at my Godmother home manoir and all alone ...

I have got the B-25J Mitchell last week monday from Pete at Ted's hobby and did'nt want to open the kit box while I was at a other home. I had to transport the kit to my home later and did'nt want any damage made while I transport later for to bring home in my smale space Jetta. So the box stayed close a hole week after having it.

Now I am at home since yesterday afternoon and got the kit box in
my basement working area. As yesterday I had to do my lawn cutting to be free today as it was going to rain.

This morning will do some space and cleaning up in my working area to open the B-25J Mitchelll finaly to make her feel at home in her new serunding space. I will be very exited to see it and very happy to have been very patient to not open while away on vacation ... lol ...

Now it is the day I will officially do the open box happening. I will do photographies of that event while at it for souvenir and will display what I have in that Large Big Box to you guy's later today or tomorow.

Man, I have been sooooooooooooooo so patient !!!
That work best for me ... :D

So later buddies !!!

Kevin Rochon
2010-07-19, 01:31 PM
this twin is begging to be electrified, reliability peace of mind no 1 engine out scare.

Kevin

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-20, 06:26 AM
Yesterday,

Was suppose to open the box.
Did all my clean up place and prepare the new corner
to work on the Mitchell.

Then I had to take care of issues my Mom had. Nothing bad
but I was needed to fix some issues. So that took the time I had
for me. Whne I came back, I was bush and to late to do anything decent towards my open box day. It was time for bed time.

So today,
I have things to take care of. Then maybe later I will be able to
go foward with the open box. If not today, tomorow should be rain
so it could be on that day as rain will stop many of my duty activities.

So maybe today,
as I want to seat and relaxe with out any of my duty assignment to do
in betwen. So if I have finish all my duty today. I will be in the basement
in a heaven kind of mood. Looking foward to that ...

Okay,
later,later ...

Burning Head
2010-07-20, 10:11 PM
Can we see at least the box in pic:D:D or is a day to day thread on your life:D I kiding Serge but give us a pic:cool:

David Janashvili
2010-07-22, 10:23 AM
Good one:)

LAMAHORSE
2010-07-24, 07:00 AM
THIS THREAD IS CLOSE NOW

TO FOLLOW THE MITCHELL B-25J BUILT THREAD GO TO THIS LINK
http://www.wimac.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3384

PS: WEBMASTER COULD YOU DELETE THIS THREAD HERE.
http://www.wimac.ca/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=20276

I COULD NOT FIND THE CLOSING DEVISE TO CLOSE IT PERMANENTLY.

Thank-you!