PDA

View Full Version : need help- information

lilmojo
2010-07-19, 04:13 PM
hello everyone,

i am 13 years old and i have 3 planes, a avistar ( gas ) , and two electric planes.

it has been about 1 1/2 years since i have flown my planes due to the cost of member ship , gas ,etc. ( as i mentioned i am 13!) and parts that i need for my planes.

1st: my avistar is in perfect shape except the last time it flew, my exaust chamber didnt return with my plane. =( so i am in need of one.

2nd: for my 2 electric planes i havent flown them yet but i believe i need servos of my radio channel. where would i find servos and are they programmable to a specific channel?

3rd: what is the policy on electric aircraft being flown in public fields that arent with wimac? ( i havent been in the game for a while ) and last time i heard electric ones could be flown in public.

4th: any one with any info please post. it would be a great help.

thanks in advance,

Brendy;)

beto9
2010-07-19, 04:40 PM
Hi Brendon, I remember you, I was your instructor at WIMAC. How are you?
I am sorry you cannot return to WIMAC because of costs but there you will find a lot of personal help.
To answer your questions:
I assume that when you mention your exhaust chamber you are referring to the engine muffler. Post the make, model and size of the engine and maybe somebody has one. Worst case, you can buy one at the local hobby shop. Your Avistar is one of the best trainers around.
Yes, your electric planes need servos of the very small variety. I am sure that the manual that came with your plane(s) suggest some type-brand-size of servos. The only problem with electrics, even if I don't know which one(s) you have, is that they are quite fragile... better stick with Avistar until you learn to fly.
Flying electrics is public places is risky. Even if the planes are light you could injure somebody. Better make it in a proper environment. Short of belonging to a club, where you are covered by insurance, choose a DESERTED parking lot, no cars or people around, to practice. But... always a but... parking lots are made of concrete and it is not good friend of planes.
Come and visit us, bring your planes and let's see what can be done.
All the best, nice to hear from you! I also hope you have a computer and you are using a flight simulator. It will go a long way to help you solo.

lilmojo
2010-07-20, 05:27 AM
thank you for your reply,

yes, i do have a flight simulator, one thing however my electric planes are second hand so they are built and have servos, but the servos are not my radio frequency. As i said earlier i havent flown for a while, is the flying field by charlemagne school still there? what is the combination. I will have to check my avistars specs seeing as im out of town. But i will make and an apperance sooner or later. i believe you had a red and yellow plane right? =P yea i remember.

beto9
2010-07-20, 10:05 AM
Yes, the flying field is still there. The combination is only for Club members but you can come in if the gate is open.
Your servos are not the same frequency? You must mean your receiver. Perhaps the only thing you need to do is change the crystal in the receiver... Bring everything to the field and we can look at them.

lilmojo
2010-07-21, 07:36 AM
great! see you soon