PDA

View Full Version : Non-Futaba FASST receivers.

beto9
2010-08-08, 05:00 PM
Now Hobby City is selling them, 8 channels, $29.99
Helloooooo! Are this guys ever going to stop? I can see a Futaba ROM upgrade in the future to disable them. And so it goes....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14300&aff=8620

turkana
2010-08-08, 05:27 PM
OMG I would not go close to them with a 10 foot pole!!! :eek: Well its our own fault everything has to be cheap cheap cheap well thats what you get! Same goes with all that clone crap around. Funny thing is all people I know who bought clones ended up with the real thing, so they actually paid twice for the clone and then for the original. Why not get the original in the first place ?? LMAO!!

zorba
2010-08-08, 07:18 PM
I agree with you Peter. If you are going to spend your money on something to last awhile you might as well go all the way for the best. That's my moto. Those Rx's don't even come in a hard case they are wraped in shrink wrap. go figure. not for my money...

turkana
2010-08-08, 07:42 PM
There is one simple wisdom in RC sport. "You pay for what you get!" , period! Sure there are some things I would like to, but I simply cannot or dont want to afford them, but for what I can afford I would go the whole way espacially on safty related items, and we all agree that a reciever is a vital part of safty, so go figure.Only the real deal for me. Since I dont need to have the newest or most blinged I rather invest into the stuff I have and really anjoy it for a couple of years.Lets face it , none of us can outfly most of our hardware anyway.I had a quite a good muffler break this week, yes I paid for it and good stuff also breaks. But guess what I will not get a 50 $ one I went for a even better one wich cost more lol!

RichR
2010-08-08, 09:54 PM
Although I wouldn't use them in any aircraft of significant dimension or weight, they seem like a good option for foamies(the kind that weigh 6 ounces rtf). The RC community will wring these out, simply wait 3 months and read the reviews, then the truth will be revealed...good or bad!

beto9
2010-08-09, 09:24 AM
The interesting part of this product is that somebody has been able to figure out the code and scheme of transmission of FASST radios...
Remember, FASST changes frequencies continuously.
Very recently Futaba made a ROM upgrade to some of the high end radios that is not reversible (going back to a previous version). Will wait for the R/C buzz to see if this has something to do about it.
And so it goes....

RichR
2010-08-17, 01:18 PM
The article linked below shows tests performed on the Non-Futaba manufactured receivers. The tests show that the receivers work fine, however, they consume more power than genuine Futaba receivers and are more susceptible to very strong interference though they outperform non-hopping systems. So it seems they are ok! Who will be the first to fly one at the club!?

http://rcmodelreviews.com/fasst_compatible_review.shtml

beto9
2010-08-17, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the link, Richard. Good site!

jim
2010-08-17, 03:42 PM
I say we do like the commercial, Let mikey try it first. so we need a Mikey (Michael).

Sempai-mj
2010-08-17, 03:57 PM
I'm not afraid, I'd fly a plane belonging to someone else with that receiver!:eek::freakedout::freakedout:

mdauth
2010-08-17, 05:43 PM
I'm going to order one, I have a small Yak to put it in. I just want to make sure it’s compatible with the 6EX. Will let you know when I receive it.

jim
2010-08-17, 05:46 PM
Their's are mikey

mdauth
2010-08-17, 06:12 PM
Hey Jim, should I order one for you to????:eek::eek::eek:

jim
2010-08-17, 10:56 PM
I already have one, do you want me to start a squadron. NO