PDA

View Full Version : Got the 9mm RichR

Michael V
2010-08-15, 06:19 PM
So I got everything Rich! prop, motor, ESC, 3 servos, and CF flat stock
And of course the last of Ted's 9mm Foam.
I just need the plans to start cutting. :D

RichR
2010-08-16, 01:08 AM
Hi Mike,

Glad you got the last of the EPP, can't wait to see your finished foamy :D
You can find the plans in PDF fomat below:

The Plans are letter size so just print them on your printer and make sure the wingspan is 32", cut and tape the parts together and trace them on your EPP sheet. Use Olfa LBB blades from any hardware store to cleanly cut the EPP, and glue them together using low-temp hot glue ( I can lend you my glue gun if you need it!) Use 1mm carbon rod for all your pushrods(for pushrod guides, use square pieces of EPP, simply glue them to the fuselage and stick the carbon through), and flat carbon stock in wing and elevator to stiffen as per the plans. To connect your carbon rod to your servo horns and control surface horns, simply Z-bend some piano wire and secure with shrinktube to carbon rod, also add a drop of CA to stiffen. For hinges, use Scotch brand filament tape (found at Reno-Depot), super-strong stuff, requires no maintenance in a crash. Secure servos and light ply firewall with low-temp hot glue. Happy building and have fun, now you can showoff some of your skills at lunchtime in the work parking lot.

Regards,
Rich