PDA

View Full Version : F3A Team Selection

Xavier
2010-08-31, 03:14 PM
I will try to post pictures and comments everyday, including the trip across the rockies in minivan from Calgary, the ferry from Vancoucer to Vancouver Island and obviously the event.

Official practices are on Friday. There will be 4 rounds on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. The first 3 at the end of the contest will go to Muncie, Indiana next July for the world championship.

I had a few flights this morning and I am now packing the airplanes and the luggage. I hope I am ready :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/xavier.mouraux/2010_Team_Trial_voyage?authkey=Gv1sRgCKHRpqrBnov8z QE#

Xavier

beto9
2010-08-31, 03:59 PM
Good luck Xavier and please post everything you can.

Burning Head
2010-08-31, 04:26 PM
You are one of the best Xavier:cool:they will no soon:)

PaulG-rc
2010-08-31, 05:30 PM
Since I work on the day he leaves I hope to be able to wave him a good flight and success :D

zorba
2010-08-31, 09:07 PM
Good luck Xavier make us proud.

Andrew Fernie
2010-08-31, 09:18 PM
Bonne chance Xavier.

Andrew

Mick
2010-08-31, 10:42 PM
Good luck Xavier

LAMAHORSE
2010-09-01, 07:43 AM
Best of luck Xavier,
and enjoy and try to remain calm and have fun !!!

Now your there, show them what you got !!!

David Janashvili
2010-09-01, 08:50 AM
Good luck Xavier

Ronald Longtin
2010-09-01, 10:38 AM
Bons vols Xavier,:D

beto9
2010-09-01, 11:29 AM
Xavier! What! No turbulator in your planes?

I would like to see a photo of the planes inside the shipping boxes....

RichR
2010-09-01, 01:38 PM
Albert, I think you mean "T-Canalizer", not Turbulator! T-Canalizers are used on many variants of F3A pattern ships, I guess it all comes down to pilot preference. I have seen Integral's like Xavier's with T-Canalizers, some say they help others claim it's a myth! The theory behind a Canalizer is that it smoothens the destabalized air going over the body and therefore presents a more stable and directed airflow over the stab and rudder. I've heard that canalizer's can also flatten knife edge and deliver more rudder authority and smoothen out rolling manoeuver's. It all started with Christophe Paysant Leroux and his Oxalys! Never tried one though! You can see a T-Canalizer in the pic below:

http://www.cplr.com.fr/pages/images/avions/osmose/osmose_12.jpg

PaulG-rc
2010-09-01, 01:47 PM
Well Xavier was off on time this morning on Wesjet 517 for Calgary.
I could not talk to him as I was busy until he had boarded the plane.
I saw his plane being loaded on carefully and Xavier waving at me at the window. :D

Here are some shots :D

Xavier
2010-09-01, 03:43 PM
It was funny to see Paul at work. I usually see him playing with helis :-) Thanks for the pictures Paul. This is cool.

I landed in Calgary and the 2 boxes arrived too. I will open them tonight to get sure everything is fine but they seem to have been properly taking care off. I will post pictures of the planes in the boxes specially for the curious people ... :-)

I tried the T-can on the Integral and it made the rudder more sensitive. I had to lower the throw and increase the expo. It seem to make tighter knife edge loop. I think that it has to be dialed in for each airplane and may not have the same effect on all the airplane depending of other details in the design. I haven't tried it on the Xigris yet but I will probably later this fall. The explanation by RichR is what I understand of it too.

Xavier

PaulG-rc
2010-09-01, 03:50 PM
Too bad I didn't have my good camera with the 10x zoom.

I really tried to go see you at the gate before boarding but I was always getting calls.
Looks like the weather in Calgary is not to good from the live cam I was looking at.

Where is the flying going to take place, maybe there are live web cams there too. :D