PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank plumbing for GAS engines (not nitro)

Flying73
2010-10-30, 12:28 PM
Hi guys,

From my research on the net I can see that there is more than one way to do this plumbing. I would like some input from the WIMAC guys as to which system(s) you are using and how this is done. My biggest question is, is a vent line a must? if so, how does gas not come out of it when the plane is inverted? In a nitro setup the vent line goes to the muffler so leakage is not an issue. I'd rather have this explained face to face at the club but I don't think anyone is flying today........... crappy weather :(

Kevin Rochon
2010-10-30, 03:16 PM
Hi Tino,

well as for my experience I used a 3 line system that means 2 clunks(the big ones not the nitro ones).

1- From the clunk #1 to the carb directly.

2- From the clunk #2 to the fill up devise of your choice, I used a fuel dot on the Cap then I used the slimline one with the screw on cover

3- vent that goes to the bottom of your plane to prevent leaks just first make it do a loop on the top of the tank then goes down, just look at the pictures of Greg 50cc setup.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Flying73
2010-10-30, 04:06 PM
Excellent. Thanks Kevin. I can't find Greg's pics but I think I get the idea.

Kevin Rochon
2010-10-30, 06:07 PM
Go to photo gallery then members personal index

CRW_5220 - WIMAC Photo Gallery.webarchive:

You can tie the tubing with velcro like Greg or I used tie wraps at 4 corners.

Kevin

xed
2010-10-30, 07:24 PM
http://www.wimac.ca/photopost/data/526/medium/CRW_5220.jpg

briankizner
2010-10-30, 08:55 PM
Thanks for asking a question I had not yet thought of for my project. Greg's photo explains it perfectly.