PDA

View Full Version : Raydiowarm transmitter mit

Andrew Fernie
2010-12-26, 09:51 PM
Santa took pity on my frozen fingers and dropped off a RaydioWarm transmitter mitt yesterday. I tried it out today and found it worked very well - it was only -8 degrees C, so not an extreme test, but I think that it should be good for any reasonable temperature.

Rather than just a bag into which the transmitter goes, this is basically a hard bottomed tray on which the transmitter sits with a flexible box around it. Some form of tough nylon material lined with fleece. There is an integral neck strap that keeps the box away from the transmitter controls and your hands - doesn't feel like your hands are always bumping into something.

You might be able to get away with keeping a 2.4GHz antenna inside the box, but I found that it pushed the radio down to the bottom and then I couldn't see the display. I just cut a hole in the box and pushed the antenna through. They give some grommets for this, but too small for a 2.4GHz antenna - would work fine with a 72MHz antenna.

The only problem I found was that you have to push the sleeves of your jacket up your arms a fair way if you want to get your hands far enough into the box. Probably better if your jacket has cuffs that extend beyond the end of the sleeves rather than inside the sleeves like the one I had on today.

If you need a mitt, check this one out.

beto9
2010-12-27, 09:18 AM
Another good idea not field tested.... maybe it was created for the torrid winters of Argentina.

Burning Head
2010-12-27, 09:41 AM
:D:Dgood one, I use the GH one for two year now and my only warning about it, is the switch mouvement when you put the radio in the windbag . remember to feel the state of all switch before a take off:cool:.