PDA

View Full Version : C. P. T. A. Q.

xed
2007-06-26, 06:53 PM
Please be advised that donations to this fund have poured in from across Canada. We need the direct support from all Quebec clubs.

With the exception of several clubs, so far Quebec contributions have been weak. We need your support now to be able to engage the qualified professionals to assure that we save our fields.

Questions have been asked about how much has been donated to the fund by the modelers in Quebec who are directly affected.

MAAC head office have made us aware of this shortcoming. If we could say with certainty that many of them have also contributed, it might encourage further participation by others.

We need your help please.

Steve Woloz
MAAC St-Laurent Zone Director

beto9
2007-06-26, 10:11 PM
I am a bit unhappy with the process regarding CPTAQ.
There has been no information to club members from the people engaged in getting us out of this nasty situation. I would expect that updates should be posted regularly. This will also engage the people here and in other provinces to contribute to the funds.
Also, since the Quebec contributions are falling behind it would be healthy to post the contributions amounts by Zone, all Canada, both by Clubs and individuals. Nothing works better than transparency.

Eric Marchand
2007-06-26, 10:29 PM
Something had been nagging at me about the whole process, I wasn't sure what, and Albert put his finger on it.

What's the next step in the process ?

What are the expected expenses, and possible outcomes ?

It's more encouraging to contribute to the fight if you get a play by play.

Dwight Macdonald
2007-06-26, 11:17 PM
Yes, I agree that regular updates on what's happening would be helpful.

bob forest
2007-06-27, 08:32 AM
Not much has happened as all the clubs were waiting for court dates. Right now all those clubs that were served, can still fly. Napierreville is the first club to get a court date. . So little money has been spent by MAAC CPTAQ fund. 500 dollars to date. So not much can be said every week if nothing is going on. We have to wait for these court dates, then we will have more news on what is going on. MAAC will be posting an update soon on their web site. pretty much what I have just written.
Here is what Jean Chevalier wrote to MAAC.
Hi Richard, here is an update as where we are presently standing with the Quebec Greenland Protection (CPTAQ) since we received the visit of their inspector Mr L'Heureux on thursday June 7th 2007 at our field in St Cyprien de Napierville QC to check if we had ceased our operations as requested by them on the "Ordonnance" received on February 7th 2007 with the limit date of June 1st 2007 to stop all operations, after talking with him in the presence of our land owner Mr Real Hebert and also Mr andre Tremblay the Mayor of the Municipality also involved we told him that according to our lawyer Me Jean Francois Guay of St Jean sur le Richelieu we did not stop for the reason that we were waiting to appear in front of the CPTAQ Appeal Tribunal (Tribunal d'Appel du Quebec). Since then we haven't hear anything from them until today when our lawyer Me Guay call me up this afternoon telling me that the date have been set with them for November 30th for which I agreed after contacting the executive of our club.
I would appreciate if yourself, Steve and Bob would mark your calendar for November 30th as we will need all the help possible in order to win this case. BTW Mr Hebert the land owner after talking with him tonight have comfimed his presence with us so Mr Andre Tremblay the Mayor of the Municipalitie involved and also the possibility to have a UPA local director (Union des Producteurs Agricole du Quebec) to be with us which maybe very favorable to our cause if he accept our invitation in a near future. If you need more informations concerning this update please do not hesitate to contact me. Also we have deposit in our Club's bank account the $500. financial help cheque received from MAAC to cover the 2nd payment of our lawyer's fees. If we should lose in front of the Appeal Tribunal we do have the intention to go as far as the Superior Court in order to win as we have to win so the other clubs involved also get their derogations but this will cost more money and then we will need more financial help from MAAC.

Warmest Regards

Jean chevalier Pres,
Club Modeliste Monteregie
St Cyprien de Napierville QC
Tel 450-246-4543

Safety First
2007-06-27, 09:25 AM
Any case involving justice, Gov. ruling and politician become a long and tedious saga. On top of that U.P.A. has been campaiging since the beginning of the year in order to stop any new construction on "terres agricoles".Everything is in their grocery basket:housing,shopping center,centres communautaires....

The bottom line is: They are all affraid of a precedent that would open doors to a hole lot of derogations.

Remerber south shore is the garden of Qu?bec and the best land are unfortunatly there.

Yes it's going to be a long fight with dull moments without any action but do we have the choice?

I beleive that our MAAC members in all the club involved will spend the money with discernment

My personel estimate time frame for a final decision: 2 years

Just an opinion...

Andr? Gagnon
WIMAC

bob forest
2007-10-03, 03:56 PM
Hi guys,
Well today was in St. Hyacinthe,for the Court date with the commission for the CPTAQ. It was held in a large room, with a Triangular shape table.
At the the bottom shape of the triangle, was the judge and on her left her assistant and on her right her secretary who took the minutes. Not much writting on his part, as there is microphones that takes on the whole meeting.
On the left side of the triangle was Denis Peloquin, the Past President of the Lafayette Club, then Mr. Luc Bergeron a member and past employee of CPTAQ who knew the in and outs of this organization. Then the club lawyer Mr. Jean Francois Guay, who was I must say really very well verse in our sport.
On the right of the triangle, was the rep from the CPTAQ and Their Lawyer.
The meeting started at 9:45 am and lasted t'ill 12:20pm, with a 10 minute break. So you can see, it was a long debate.
Both sides gave their reasons, ours why we should be there, with many sheets of paper showing past decisions and arguments. The history of the club was also given. What is Aeromodeling, explained in every detail.
I could not believe the amount of work that went into this preparation for this case. Stacks of papers. Each at the table were given copies every time a subject came up concerning a situation. Same for the opposition, Their lawyer was also very well verse and prepared. Arial photos taken a couple of years ago. Both sides went at it with conviction, so for me to say, who wins, their is no way I would know.
A decision will be given in the next 3 months.
I forgot to mention also was Maurice Dugas the existing president of Lafayette, was also at the table. There also were Jean Chevalier and his wife from the Napierreville club as they will be the next ones at the end of November. Also a member from the Sorel club and another member from the Lafayette club.
So this is where this situation is as of now. My thoughts are this. I cannot believe all this time and hours of preparation for this day, happened, just because we fly radio control planes. We harm no one, bother no one, and the land can go back to agriculture anytime. We do not damage the land. Plus the minicule amount of land that we use in all of Quebec is not even worth talking about. These government commissions spending this amount of time and money for to try and end our sport, is unbelievable.
By the way, the owner of the land, also was a witness, and gave a very positive view of our hobby to the court. Income lost gross, if he did harvest it, was about 800 dollars a year for corn. Net he said ,was maybe a couple of hundred. He owns 1800 acres.
Bob

xed
2007-10-03, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the update Bob, lets cross our fingers that there is someone who is reasonable in this government of ours.

bob forest
2007-10-03, 04:59 PM
WIMAC was the first club to get the latest news of what is happening. Also Thanks Gregg, for posting it on RC Canada.
Bob

Safety First
2007-10-03, 05:25 PM
WIMAC was the first club to get the latest news of what is happening. Also Thanks Gregg, for posting it on RC Canada.
Bob

Merci Bob,

Dwight Macdonald
2007-10-03, 11:33 PM
Thanks Bob. Great to have the update!