PDA

View Full Version : New Waterbomber

PaulG-rc
2011-03-22, 11:27 AM
Check this out guys

YouTube - The New Canadair by Guan Li

Burning Head
2011-03-22, 01:59 PM
I think a 20c should be better:). the only f..k with waterplanes is the battery hatch. you need a box of safe to rap the lipo just to be shure:D

dhamultun
2011-03-22, 09:53 PM
Paul, you need to give him some scale flying lessons! :)

xed
2011-03-22, 10:08 PM
Seriously, what is with that flying, it looks like he is struggling to keep it in the air.

Burning Head
2011-03-22, 11:30 PM
Paul, you need to give him some scale flying lessons! :)

:D:DMaybe , but this trick's was from Paul:) I think, it was for saving lipo in a Sinking battery hatch:D

Mick
2011-03-23, 04:48 PM
He also needs a lesson on how to use the rudder to coordinate the turn.

beto9
2011-03-23, 04:51 PM
He also needs a lesson on how to use the rudder to coordinate the turn.

Rudder... rudder... I know that I always have to put an extra servo on every airplane but... what does it do?????

PaulG-rc
2011-03-23, 05:41 PM
Mick already answered it coordinates the turn instead of sliding in the turn the tail follows.
If you were in the plane you would really feel it. :D

Glenn Hole
2011-03-23, 07:25 PM
Rudder... rudder... I know that I always have to put an extra servo on every airplane but... what does it do?????

In practice, both aileron and rudder control input are used together to turn an aircraft, the ailerons imparting roll, the rudder imparting yaw, and also compensating for a phenomenon called adverse yaw. Adverse yaw is readily seen if the most simple type of ailerons alone are used for a turn. The downward moving aileron acts like a flap, generating more lift for one wing, and therefore more drag (though since the 1930s, many aircraft have used frise ailerons or differential ailerons, which compensate for the adverse yaw and require little or no rudder input in regular turns). Initially, this drag yaws the aircraft in the direction opposite to the desired course. A rudder alone will turn a conventional fixed wing aircraft, but much more slowly than if ailerons are also used in conjunction. Use of rudder and ailerons together produces co-ordinated turns, in which the longitudinal axis of the aircraft is in line with the arc of the turn, neither slipping (under-ruddered), nor skidding (over-ruddered). Improperly ruddered turns at low speed can precipitate a spin which can be dangerous at low altitudes.

Sometimes pilots may intentionally operate the rudder and ailerons in opposite directions in a maneuver called a forward slip. This may be done to overcome crosswinds and keep the fuselage in line with the runway, or to more rapidly lose altitude by increasing drag, or both. The pilots of Air Canada Flight 143 used a similar technique to land the plane as it was too high above the glideslope.:)

Flying73
2011-03-23, 07:47 PM
I guess some don't know Albert that well. I'm sure he was kidding about the rudder.:D:D

Sempai-mj
2011-03-23, 07:51 PM
Could we, can we, equate the rudder on RC Flying Aircraft to the turn signal on cars?:D

Kevin Rochon
2011-03-23, 08:12 PM
Always nice to review the theory behind things It's always nice to see a plane doing a proper turn. While helping out people I've heard so many time "I'll use that left stick(rudder) later on":confused:

Nice to hear it from people (Paul and Glenn) who have flown the full scale stuff.

It's Ice Pilots on history channel now, they wouldn't fly a DC3 without the rudder:eek:

beto9
2011-03-24, 10:28 AM
I guess some don't know Albert that well. I'm sure he was kidding about the rudder.:D:D

Yeah! I always forget to put smilies....:p;):D:angry::o:):(:confused:

Enough?