PDA

View Full Version : WIMAC Static Show @ Ted's Hobby Shop

Sempai-mj
2011-04-05, 03:32 PM
David has just confirmed that a WIMAC Static Show at Ted's Hobby Shop will take place on Saturday April 16th, 2011 (09:00 to 17:00).

The WIMAC posters and cards are ready, We encourage all members to show up with your Planes and/or Helis, may they be Electric, Gasoline or Glow.

This show will give us some very important local exposure and will hopefully help in our new member enrollment.

Please confirm your attendance just to give us an idea of the size and space requirements.

More details will posted soon.

mj

beto9
2011-04-05, 04:22 PM
I will be there in the morning with an electric plane.
If there would be some electric helis (small, safety first) doing some demos it will be great.
Ta ta....

Mick
2011-04-05, 05:04 PM
I can be there with my A380, FPV platform and an mSR for at least half a day if not the whole day if required.

Burning Head
2011-04-05, 06:41 PM
If you need help for carry table and etc in the morning and at the end or if you need a extra EP planes, aks me:)

briankizner
2011-04-05, 06:46 PM
I will be arriving in Mtl on April 16 too late to attend, however I think it is a great idea. If I had known about it last month, I would have booked my trip a day earlier to attend and participate. We did this in 1993 in Fairview right in front of Suzi Shier (the owner of the store, the late Laurie Lewin, was a member at the time). Many people came to check us out back then. I do not know if the event directly brought us any members, but it definitely increased the community's awareness of us and what we do. Those of us who were there had a lot of fun showing our stuff to the shoppers.
Some suggestions. Have a sampling of models of different sizes, electric, glow, helis, and glider, if possible. Maybe a little combat plane with streamer tied to the tail. Definitely have one basic trainer to show, preferably with a buddy box attached to give people an idea of how to get started. Flying a small model like the MSR is a great idea. Have some literature available to give away- including membership applications for WIMAC and MAAC. Have a video of club activities running. Set up a laptop with a flight simulator for people to try. Draw up a schedule of hours so that no one person has to handle the whole day himself.
should be fun.

Tarek Hassoune
2011-04-05, 07:21 PM
I will try to finish the setup of my turbine heli to bring as well as my glider and twinrex will try to be there for most of the day

shrek
2011-04-05, 08:38 PM
i will bring my parkzone messerchmitt bf-109g with the retract and flap mod and i will also bring my p-38 .if you guys need help transporting tables or anything else i will be briging my truck.:)

Burning Head
2011-04-06, 12:05 PM
Copy Brian, I think we have allready business card print with some info on the club and club applications. thanks for the laptop idea, that could be a cool one:) if the guy's are willing

LAMAHORSE
2011-04-08, 05:23 AM
That is cool guys' to have this
at this time of the year just befort flying summer season.

If weather permitted and schedule, would visite & arrive there early morning if you like with the LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG ... Will confirm with you here friday the 15th with a post to confirm ...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_BhvWdPzxymA/SwUmoiXCCeI/AAAAAAAAHYE/KBGd3Yh5t4Q/038SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20%C2%A92009.jpg

Where is this show event location?
What time early morning boy's will begin to arrive to help out?

Sempai-mj
2011-04-08, 07:05 AM
Hello,

Here's a link to the location (Ted's Hobby Shop)
http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1596&bih=724&wrapid=tlif130226064932811&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ted's+hobby+shop+pointe+claire+quebec&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=ted's+hobby+shop&hnear=Pointe-Claire,+QC&cid=5365831107704844856

David is suppose to arrive early 7:30am - 8:00am with some tables and large, Imean very large planes.

beto9
2011-04-08, 04:24 PM
Maybe WIMAC should invite our Zone DIrector...

And I do not see (yet) a stampede to exhibit... We should close the field the whole day!:angry:

Sempai-mj
2011-04-08, 04:39 PM
I was just about to post a call for members to participate at the static show, thanks Albert.

To all WIMAC members:
If you're not busy Sat. April 16th come and show your models.....:confused:
So who ever hasn't responded yet please respond soon.:D

zorba
2011-04-08, 06:43 PM
Love to: But have to work as the so called partner of mine is still on CSST.

Cheers

Sempai-mj
2011-04-08, 07:12 PM
Thanks Bill,

Too bad you can't make it, your octocopter would certainly atract interests!

zorba
2011-04-08, 07:41 PM
Well if anybody wants they can pick it up and disply it for me. The only catch is that this person is responsible for it. Deal?

baknabil
2011-04-09, 03:13 PM
I will be present with my Piper Pawnee airplane and my flight box.

My Pawnee is 80 inch wing span.

See you there

jim
2011-04-09, 05:27 PM
I'll bring my 50 cc gas Mustang and my Bell 222 Heli.

beto9
2011-04-10, 09:32 AM
I am sure is not going to happen but... do we have a Plan "B" in case of rain?
As we do in the FunFly, the organizing boss will post early in the morning what's what.

Mick
2011-04-10, 11:24 AM
Are we indoors or out in the parking lot?

zorba
2011-04-10, 11:41 AM
I don't think is enough room indoors Mick is it? So I guess it will be outside most likely.

David Janashvili
2011-04-10, 05:28 PM
Hi, to all Members
Static show will be outside in the parking lot.
Regarding Plan “B”
If it’s rains than static show will be moved to Apr 30.

David

David Janashvili
2011-04-14, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone, due to the forecast, the static show at Ted's will be moved to May 7th, 2011 beginning at 9am. Plan B was the 30th of April but I was advised that the shopping center has some small event that day.

Thanks,

David

beto9
2011-04-14, 01:08 PM
Perhaps an advertisement in The Suburban to promote the show?
People reading The Suburban are already aware of us because of the recent article.

LAMAHORSE
2011-05-04, 05:28 AM
Okay buddies ,,,

let us know if TED's show will still be on for saturday event ...
I am planning to be there with the LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG ...

That is if the weather is on our side ...

Cheers !

Sempai-mj
2011-05-04, 07:05 AM
Okay buddies ,,,

let us know if TED's show will still be on for saturday event ...
I am planning to be there with the LAMA SA-315B SAR CCG ...

That is if the weather is on our side ...

Cheers !

Yes Lamahorse it is scheduled on Saturday May 7th,2011 in the parking lot.
Let's hope the weather cooperates and we have a large turn out of members with their Planes, Helli's and RC equipment(Radios, Camera's, etc.) hoping to attract visitors and new prospective RC members.:)

LAMAHORSE
2011-05-04, 07:18 AM
Thanks Micheal!

Just heard on CBC-2 that the weather seem to clear up for saturday with
some sun for the day ... Shure hope they are right as they are most of the time on CBC. Pascal is the man to look for on those large and long range forcast ... I'll will call him to see for saturday forcast,, so i can schedule my day with a big smile with all of you there ...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BhvWdPzxymA/Sv_L8ys7mvI/AAAAAAAAHVg/fQfrpOzSINw/s720/005SHOT%20ON%20SITE%20Copyrights%20%C2%A92009.jpg

What time you guy's start to arrive there on the site?
For my part I will be leaving early morning and drive towards there while I will stop at some coffee shop in Pte Claire village or something ...

Anyone plan to meet for breafast befort the meet at the parking lote on the west island lake shore area?

I mite join you guy's there if you do ... :D

David Janashvili
2011-05-04, 11:29 AM
Hi Guys,
Finally this Saturday will be a very nice day for the static show. I spoke with Peter from Ted's Hobby and I found out that we'll have alot of space for our stuff. If someone can bring folding tables it would be much appreciated. We'll have an extension cord for a 110v outlet. It would be nice if everyone could arrive early like 8am to setup everything before people begin to show up. The actual show starts at 9am and ends at about 4pm. We'll be able to fly small electric Helis like t-rex 450 and smaller. As always, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Sempai-mj
2011-05-04, 12:36 PM
I have some extension cords I can bring, do we have electricity?
James is supposed to bring his Tent.

zorba
2011-05-04, 06:12 PM
If the weather holds, maybe I can sneak out and be there. Propably it wont be before noon.

Cheers

Sempai-mj
2011-05-04, 07:46 PM
If the weather holds, maybe I can sneak out and be there. Propably it wont be before noon.

Cheers

Right then Bill!
Bring the Octo!:cool:

zorba
2011-05-04, 08:29 PM
I will try to bring both. The 8X and the Hexa. The 8X is complete but the hexa has a few more things to be done to her. I hope I'm not too busy at work so I can finish her between jobs LOL
My Avatar is the hexa on the maiden flight. But I had to relocate the ESC's for CG calibration.

Cheers

Sempai-mj
2011-05-04, 08:36 PM
I will try to bring both. The 8X and the Hexa. The 8X is complete but the hexa has a few more things to be done to her. I hope I'm not too busy at work so I can finish her between jobs LOL
My Avatar is the hexa on the maiden flight. But I had to relocate the ESC's for CG calibration.

Cheers

Bringing them both will be cool.:cool:

LAMAHORSE
2011-05-05, 05:01 AM
Yeah Bill,

bring them both and don't forget to bring your self too ... lol ...
As your always very busy with work and the taking care of your Mom ...

Shure hope to see you there buddy ,,, been a while I have'nt seen you ...

Okay,
I'll be there early saturday with the LAMA ...

Mick
2011-05-07, 06:28 PM
Thank you to David for organising this event and for all members who bought their planes or supported this event. I thought it was a great success with plenty of prospective new members. Most people I talked to really appreciated the show and many were very interesting in having a go at the 28 May open day.

David Janashvili
2011-05-07, 06:59 PM
I would thank all the members who took part in the event today. It was a good step for the club. Many people seemed interested in RC hobby and we should get ready for the 28th of May because I think many people are going to show up. We're going need all the instructors to help out that day. Again a big thanks to everyone :)!

David

Sempai-mj
2011-05-07, 08:44 PM
Yes, a very very big thanks to David & Daniel and Daniel's buddy from Oshawa (Sorry forgot your name) for making the two trips each way with two vans and a trailer to bring and return the large aircraft you guys brought to the display.

I spent a most of the day explaining and talking about what, and where WIMAC is and what we are, I'm sure we will see a lot of people on May 28th.

Another thanks to all the members that took the time to show up and support this great club.

paulinmtl1
2011-05-08, 12:02 AM
I must say..it was a huge hit...So many nice people giving so much good advice..

Thanks Paul

Ronald Longtin
2011-05-08, 06:32 AM
Félicitations David et merci à tous les participants. Une très belle présentation de la gamme de nos activités.

bob forest
2011-05-08, 08:43 AM
Nobody took pictures. Would of liked to have seen this.

Sempai-mj
2011-05-08, 09:07 AM
A couple of candid shots with a so so camera.

Burning Head
2011-05-08, 09:32 AM
Great work guy's:cool:

bob forest
2011-05-08, 10:22 AM
Thanks, David's big plane is sure impressive. Looks like you had a great display.

Dwight Macdonald
2011-05-08, 03:23 PM
Good work guys! I would like to have been there ... Just to see the reaction to David's big flying boat would have interesting!