PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, newbie alert :)

wwdragon
2011-05-29, 08:53 PM
Hi all

just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself. I was referred here by Elan at Hobbieville on Decarie, here is why... about 20 years ago I bought from him my first and only plane, it was a 4CH IC plane that I built from a kit. It took me forever but I built it. 1st flight I go out to the field, now remember this is about 1992 the thing had a AM TX, of course a crowd gathers, I test all controls, gas her up, and take off.
By this time I feel like I ate 20 big macs, my heart is racing, however somehow the plane listens to my commands....
Long story short, I was coming in for a landing facing me, ok Barry, right is left and left is oh poop..... hit the one and only tree, hit so hard the firewall said hello to the wing. Back to my LSH I go and elan (yes he is a good friend of mine) said dude buy a new one it will be cheaper.

I have never flown since.

Now I got the bug again, I have the Hobyzone Skyfly2 and I can't wait to take her up tomorrow if the weather is nice. I have also ordered the Champ plus umm a bunch of spare parts for the Skyfly2.

Now, I would like to join you guys if you are accepting new members, I have read the rules, printed out both forms MACC and yours, and am ready to learn.
46 years old but I feel like a kid on Christmas morning, I am willing to listen and learn, I know I will crash and yet again that is part of the hobby.

So, you guys ready to take on a newbie?

P.S I have a 2.4G TX, so none of that OMG DUDE your TX just crashed my plane :)

wwdragon
Barry

Sempai-mj
2011-05-29, 09:14 PM
Of course you are most welcome!
Bring your plane to field on a weekend, (make sure you post on the website first) that is when an instructor will be there to guide through an enjoyable and safe experience flight.
Hope you join to rekindle the experience from younger years.

beto9
2011-05-30, 08:29 AM
First and foremost... do not fly it by yourself!
Let somebody at WIMAC check it, do a first fly to trim it and then fly with an instructor with a buddy box... or soon you will be back to see Alan.
(You said you were ready to listen....)

wwdragon
2011-05-30, 08:56 AM
Can I still bring my plane to the field even though I don't have the 2 memberships yet?

Beto9: good idea, anyway too windy to fly today so grounded :)

xed
2011-05-30, 09:18 AM
You are welcome to fly at the club two times so yes you can bring it...

wwdragon
2011-05-30, 09:38 AM
Thank you I shall be there on the weekend then :)

Now 2 questions, where do I post that I will be there so an instructor can help, and, how does 1 get there by metro and bus? Just sold my car so no wheels yet :)

Barry

Sempai-mj
2011-05-30, 09:50 AM
Plan Bus trip here:
http://www2.stm.info/taz/index.php?lng=en

Your destination will be: REGIONAL DU CAP SAINT JACQUES [PARC], CH. DU CAP SAINT JACQUES (Pierrefonds)

beto9
2011-05-30, 10:03 AM
Instructors operate on a voluntary basis. That means that if there is one at the field when you go he will help you.
Best chances are Saturdays and Sundays.

wwdragon
2011-05-30, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys, see you this weekend, supposed to be nice and sunny, hope it's not to windy.

I will be easy to spot, be holding a skyfly 2 with a lost and confused look on my face :)

Barry