PDA

View Full Version : pc-6 pilatus porter

shrek
2011-06-24, 11:28 PM
Well guys im at it again i was bored today so i decided to bring the wife to Ottawa for the day.Well you don't spend the day in Ottawa without going to Great hobbies.:oso i went in the store and saw this amazing and unique airplane and it just sat there looking at me with sadness saying take me home.So i did.The wife was not impressed but after smooth talking her and promissing that we will have a wonderful time in china in october this is going to cost me large$$$$$$$$$$ we decided that it was going to be my early birthday present.Happy birthday to me:D.So here is my new project for this month and also i have a brand new os 46 that i bought for my kadet 3 years ago that fits perfectly in this plane.I also got a pitts style mufler wich i think will look amazing on this plane.

Kevin Rochon
2011-06-25, 12:05 AM
Il semble qu'il va y avoir beaucoup de "tug" de planneur. Bonne assemblage Stéphane.

PaulG-rc
2011-06-25, 05:49 AM
Bon choix de model, j'adore le pilatus PC6 :D
Il va bien voler.

Paul

Tarek Hassoune
2011-06-25, 09:26 AM
Well nice plane Stephane and happy early birthday it seem this gift is gona cost big money my Freind

Mick
2011-06-25, 09:58 AM
What a nice birthday present, we can help you celebrate your real birthday by seeing you fly it.

Glenn Hole
2011-06-25, 11:03 AM
Happy early Birthday Stephane nice aircraft can't to see it fly.:D

RichR
2011-06-25, 02:54 PM
Very nice plane Steph, David has the same model, although his is electric! I was at the field with him when he flew it in windy conditions, flew very well. I think this plane will be well suited for nitro. The silver, red and black are very sharp! Nice purchase.

shrek
2011-06-25, 10:22 PM
i need a little help here.:(i am installing the motor mount now but it does'nt say if u have to fuel proof the fire wall.do most arf planes come already fuel proof or do i have to fuel proof the fire wall and if so what do i use .will sealling the wall with silocone do?any advice would be great .thanks guys:)

RichR
2011-06-25, 10:32 PM
Minwax Fast Dry polyurethane or other varnishes, just make sure it's not water-based. Or epoxy that's been thinned with acetone or alcohol, you simply paint it on with a brush. Some firewalls do come fuel-proofed, you can usually tell from the texture of the coating. Silicone will be messy and not as durable, just remember to keep it light!

shrek
2011-06-25, 10:43 PM
thanks rich i also have monocoat black paint in a can for engine coiling that is fire proof can i use that .it comes in a spray can

turkana
2011-06-25, 11:08 PM
I always used epoxy and it works perfect.