PDA

View Full Version : HK Mosquito

PaulG-rc
2011-08-18, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys

Well my Mosquito is at 37 flights so far and doing well.
This week I added some flaps , it was a real headhake and took 20 hours but they work very well and it looks great. :D
Also did more scale weathering ,now it looks like a warbird thats been in action :D

here are a couple shots from the flap test this morning before the strong winds at noon.
also a small video clip.
Mossie-Flaps-test-1.MOV - YouTube

Paul

beto9
2011-08-18, 05:17 PM
Well, I have to say: take-off OK, landing OK, in between...?????

And I haven'r seen anything about flaps!

Why was it difficult to setup the flaps? Did you use the ailerons (flapperons)?

I assume HK means HobbyKing?

PaulG-rc
2011-08-18, 05:23 PM
:D Yes Hobbyking.
It didn't have flaps and so I had to make some and it was lots of work, more trouble then I was expecting but still worth the trouble.
The retracts were real bad so I made it fix gear for now with more details to the gears.
Here are a few shots from the first flights no flaps.

beto9
2011-08-18, 05:48 PM
Yes, could you have setup flapperons? Ailerons used as flaps. They work!

PaulG-rc
2011-08-18, 05:51 PM
Not on that plane, its small barndoor ailerons and they are really needed at low speed so better to have the real flaps setup.

bob forest
2011-08-18, 07:26 PM
I can't believe how clear the video is. looked like a perfect morning. The field looks good from that angle. You should post a picture of the servo installation for the flaps. I am sure it was a hell of a job to do.

PaulG-rc
2011-08-18, 07:37 PM
Actually the servo installation was the easiest part to do, unfortunatly I deleted the pictures by mistake.
It was to join the flaps together and have them operate in synchro that was hard.

Kevin Rochon
2011-08-18, 08:02 PM
Vraiment belle job Paul, comme d'habitude;)

PaulG-rc
2011-08-18, 08:07 PM
Merci Kevin.
C'est tellement un bel avion en vol