PDA

View Full Version : RC Video Helicopter Help Wanted For a Music Video in Montreal, January - ADVICE PLS!

tkel
2011-12-13, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm a young filmmaker based in Montreal who has become really interested in RC helicopter videos over the last six months.

I am interested in shooting a music video for a friends band with this technique in January.

Can I get some advice from you guys?

Are there any problems with flying in winter outside if it's a nice day? But obviously below zero.

How long do batteries normally last for? Fuel?

Is anyone from or around Montreal able to help us out? Someone with a chopper and the ability to attach a GoPro, 5D/7D or other camera… I am really interested in shots from straight above, it gives such a beautiful perspective.

We have a very small budget and are able to cover your expenses and possibly a little more.

Are there any questions I should be thinking about that I am not asking here?

What should someone be thinking about if they wanted to shoot something like a music video in a few different locations over one day with RC helicopters?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

timothygeorgekelly (at) gmail.com

514 FOUR THREE TWO 3006

turkana
2011-12-14, 01:57 PM
Hi
Should work from the hardware side, but probably the quadcopters or similar are the better option since they are more stable, with gps etc and altimeter, they are electric, hence less vibes and better video footage.
The only problem I see is during shooting the video how is the chopper or drone quadcopter insured??? That's the biggest problem , depends were you shoot the video insurance may be not available or just plain expensive. I once flew my Vibe 50 in the city for a CBC production but I was insured during the production from the CBC side.

Regards Pete

tkel
2011-12-17, 03:20 PM
do you guys have any advice on where to look for insurance quotes?