PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it funny?

beto9
2007-09-25, 09:21 AM
We were dying without it. We couldn't live without it. We had withdrawal symptoms. We needed it back like oxygen. WIMAC was going to disappear if not restored. Even the government would fall if the situation was not corrected.
And now that is back....

NO MORE POSTINGS, AND YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

Eric Marchand
2007-09-25, 05:37 PM
Some of it may be due to the new address. not all members may know about the temporary change.

Have we sent a mass-emailer to all users regarding this ?

AlixB
2007-09-25, 05:39 PM
So here is Lionel proudly receiving his wings right before the site went down...

Thanks Greg and all for the efforts.

p.s. thanks Alberto for all the help on the ground.
p.p.s. I wish Brian, Dwight and Alberto were also in the picture.

xed
2007-09-26, 12:19 AM
Have we sent a mass-emailer to all users regarding this ?

Not for the friendly/easily to remember .ca one but everyone with a valid email address should have received the mass email for wimac.textdriven.com address, which still works as well.

jeffrey g
2007-09-26, 09:12 AM
good thing I had acces to the text driven version of the site and that I looked in the forum in the 60+ new posts and found that there was a .ca version of the domain....

I think either a mass E-mail or a clear indication on the welcome page would help people notice the new site adress.

It's not every one that knows what to look for a web page.

xed
2007-09-26, 10:52 AM
They both point to the same location. I've pretty much given up hope on us having wimac.org back and made every effort to get the information forwarded to get the DNS changed to our new server but it apparently fell on deaf ears.

Google, Microsoft, Yahoo search engines and MAAC have all been notified of the new domain so eventually any searches for WIMAC will point to our new domain.

Ionel
2007-09-26, 12:07 PM
Thanks Alix for your expertise and patience in teaching me on the “Yellow Monster”.

Thanks to Brian, Dwight and Albert for sharing your skills and time.

Thanks everybody for the friendly atmosphere at the club.

Now I can break my plane and can't blame anybody else but me.
Is it a gain ?

beto9
2007-09-26, 12:35 PM
For the hobby shops....