PDA

View Full Version : txr box

savvas
2012-02-08, 12:40 AM
Hello everyone i was looking around the internet and found this:
http://www.tx-ready.com/how-it-works.html
is this any good? Has anyone tried it? Was thinking of buying older remotes and using this to make it a 2.4ghz:confused:

Jaruiz
2012-02-08, 01:06 AM
Sounds good ! It will cost $29- at Greathobbies, but it's not available yet.
The down side, I think, it's the range, 1000ft max (300m), recommended for indoors or small electric planes.

Elgreco
2012-02-08, 04:59 PM
Another thing to keep in mind (you learn this the hard way ...lol) is to try to always buy stuff that are popular, proven and others around you have possibly.

This way you don't get stuck with something that breaks, does not work, is glitchy or worst, you don't have any support for it around.

In this hobby, better spend more and get something right the first time. Otherwise you might as well have deep pockets.
Don't ask how I know. I was a beginner once. Believe it or not, something more expensive might actually save you money on the long run.

Take care.

beto9
2012-02-08, 05:33 PM
I think you are getting a bit confused. That box will work with any transmitter to CONVERT the transmission to something that can be understood by the Tactic receiver in the planes they sell.
Which is something that I would like to have coming from E-flite to convert to their BNF planes.

savvas
2012-02-09, 12:42 AM
Guess cant go cheap on some stuff! I will need to wait for the $$$ to get the specktrum dx7!