PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Icon A5

PaulG-rc
2012-02-08, 01:11 PM
Well I finally got my new Parkzone Icon A5 amphibian .
Looks great even better then I was expecting.
The foam quality is top notch, so smooth its like plastic.
Looking foward to fly it but I wont rush it as I want to glass the bottom for protection.
It even has its own little caddy :D

Burning Head
2012-02-08, 01:25 PM
Nice planes Paul:), what kind of glass are you using on foam. My new baby it's a old GWS foam kit ME-262.

PaulG-rc
2012-02-08, 01:30 PM
Nice planes Paul:), what kind of glass are you using on foam. My new baby it's a old GWS foam kit ME-262.

If I use cloth I will use 3/4 oz and resin for boat repairs as its safe on foam, or just use epoxy resin, or my white glue mixture with water and babby powder. :)

Burning Head
2012-02-08, 01:41 PM
My foam wont be the same denssity, but I like the white glue mixture. Thanks PS did you know this produit " mastic hobbylite filler" I get it from this discussion http://www.aerosquare.com/Essais-de-modeles/messerschmitt-me-262-par-gws.html

PaulG-rc
2012-02-08, 01:51 PM
Yes I did read about it. It does almost the same as my white glue mixture but I dont have to sand it .
I will most likely do that and at the end give it a coat of tremclad rust paint , it has a plastic finish.
I only do this on the bottom part that will touch the water , snow or grass.

Burning Head
2012-02-08, 01:58 PM
Copy and thanks for the tips :)

fbrunet1957
2012-02-08, 10:49 PM
This is a very good looking model.
Are you gone to try it on the snow?

I take off and land my glider on the snow. I covered its belly with à 1.5" wide Scotch tape and it does the job perfectly.

PaulG-rc
2012-02-09, 04:03 AM
Yes I'm planning too, I also fly my glider on snow and I have packing tape under and its good.
This one is heavier so the landing would have to be on very soft snow or water or it will get damage .
I already started to work on the belly , so far so good :)

Burning Head
2012-02-09, 07:51 AM
Be my annual guess at the clubs for the maiden Paul:) but tell me when

PaulG-rc
2012-02-09, 07:56 AM
Thanks Richard

Hopefully the work on it will be done before we get more fresh snow.
So far its going good on the hull.
Once I'm satisfied with the strenghtening I will give it a coat of Polyuratane rust paint to give it a nice plastic finish but thats only for the hull.
Then I will paint the prop and spinner like the full scale one and add some decals :)