PDA

View Full Version : St. Lawrence Annual Zone Meeting 2007

bob forest
2007-09-30, 09:02 AM
Hi, The AZM for Oct.27th at Ecole des metiers de l'aerospatiale de Montreal is coming along.

Steve Woloz, our Zone Director, has been getting the plans ready, so that it will be a great day for all of us, and your invited friends.

We have already, some nice gifts:

4 1/2" carbon fiber spinner.
MSC 22x10 wooden propeller.
Gift certificates from Great Hobbies.
Gift certificate from CRC products Inc, who are the distributors for Duralite battery systems.
A gallon of smoke oil, and more are on the way.

Again this year, we will be giving a donation to the Montreal Children's Hospital. Last year it was for Hopital Sainte-Justine. What we want to do, is go back and forth so every second year one of the Children's hospital, gets a cheque.

Attached is the pictures from last year donation. My Yak 54 was the center piece and then the background for the presentation. The kids loved it. This was right in the main entrance hall.

Hope to see you all at the AZM.
Bob Forest
MAAC 4131

beto9
2007-10-09, 09:04 AM
It seems there are two candidates for the AZM: the incumbent Steve Woloz and the past Zone Director Jean Blaquiere.
I wonder if they have a platform. I mean, do they have a list of the things they plan to accomplish in the next year for the members and the hobby?

bob forest
2007-10-15, 10:07 PM
Here are the pictures of our new AZM posters including the date and location.

Many, many prizes given to us by the sponsors, and many more to come. All will have a chance to win by purchasing tickets. The money will go to the Children's Hospital. Last year was for Hopital St Justine. Lets all show up. Bring a model to display, maybe something you are working on.

There will be a public voting for best of show, first, second and third place prizes.

bob forest
2007-10-19, 09:41 PM
You have chances to win some beautiful prizes and gift certificates. Bring a plane, their will be peoples choice awards, first,second and third will get prizes. Then there will be tickets sold for more chances of winning.
Let's show up and have a great day, rain or shine, it is indoors and lots of room. Cafeteria on site, also some great tours. You will see how planes and Helis are built. C&C machines working. No entry fee, bring family and friends. tell your friends about it. Who knows, they might get involved in the hobby.
Hoping to see many of you there.
Bob Forest
MAAC 4131-L

bob forest
2007-10-22, 11:52 AM
Here is a thank you letter sent by Steve Woloz to our new sponsor.
Ray Savard Oct 21/07

c/o Border Line RC Hobbies

Dear Ray,

Thank you most kindly for the generous donation of the P51d Mustang C Brushless Warbird Park Fighter

( Retail Value : Approx $ 210 )

The St Lawrence Zone will put this plane on its raffle sale list with the net proceeds to be divided between fund to defend our flying fields and the remaining portion to go to charity
So guys, please make the effort to show up for a great day. If you have a plane you would like to display, give me a call. Phone no. on membership list.
Lot's of prizes. A full day of fun. and it is indoors. Bring you cash as no banking machine there. Their is a cafeteria right at the meeting room.
Swap shop also, if you have stuff for sale, bring it along.

bob forest
2007-10-24, 10:02 AM
Here is the address for the AZM on Oct. 27th:

5300, rue Chauveau,
Montreal (Quebec)
H1N 3V7

Just east of the Olympic stadium.

Also more gifts came in from Reno Depot. A complete set of Dremel tools.

See you there.

Dwight Macdonald
2007-10-30, 12:06 AM
Congratulations Steve and Bob one your re-election! Well done! Sorry I couldn't make it but I heard that meeting went very well.

bob forest
2007-10-30, 08:54 AM
thanks guys.

Michael V
2007-10-30, 09:32 AM
I am happy to hear that you both were re-elected.:D
It was a fun morning I am glad I made it to the meeting.

Later

Sunfly
2007-10-30, 05:32 PM
Congratulation for your re-election Bob and Steve