PDA

View Full Version : Modify InterLink for RealFlight

MidnightHeli
2012-05-11, 02:44 AM
The Interlink control I received with RealFlight 5.0 has the Throttle Hold switch on the right side but on top and a ratchet gimbal on the throttle (plane mode), while the DX6i and DX8 transmitter has it on the right side but on the edge of the radio and smooth throttle gimbal (helicopter mode). Anybody that bought RealFlight 6.0 with the controller should have the throttle hold in the proper place and also receive two type of springs for the throttle gimbal, one with ratchet mode and one without. So I took mine apart to see if I can switch around the throttle hold switch with the flap gain potentiometer and get rid of the ratchet mode on the gimbal. 1. The potentiometer board was to big so I had to grind it down and it fits perfectly between the plastic pins that where preventing the switch from turning, a bit of hot glue to hold it down and re-welded the wires. 2. Had to put a pieces of rubber to use up space and having the switch flush with the casing, once thigh, the friction of the rubber prevents the switch from turning, also a bit of hot glue to hold the rubber piece. 3. turn the spring around on the throttle gimbal and bent it to have the desire pressure.

finnegan
2012-05-11, 04:10 PM
Alberto, who is a big JR fan by the way, recommends Phoenix because it works with Spektrum, JR and all Futa-blecchh controllers.
:D

beto9
2012-05-11, 05:17 PM
Alberto, who is a big JR fan by the way, recommends Phoenix because it works with Spektrum, JR and all Futa-blecchh controllers.
:D

Not only JR but Spektrum also...

briankizner
2012-05-11, 05:27 PM
Works with my Hitec, too.

MidnightHeli
2012-05-12, 02:21 AM
I have both (Realflight and Phoenix), I have been using Phoenix lately, but since Phoenix upgraded from version 3 to 4, the feeling changed on the sticks and I do not like it. It seems like they added a lot of expo, To lazy to try to figure out why, I went back to Realflight and upgrade from 5.5 to 6.0.

I had my Spektrum DX6i connected to Realflight and it works nice, but found it to much trouble to take it out of the box everytime I wanted to fly when it is so easy just to pick up the Interlink controller that is permanently connected to the PC and fly. I assume that Realflight should work with any transmitter that has the training link.

decarufe
2012-05-12, 07:51 AM
Phoenix was my first flight sim and I liked it very much. I had a couple of problems when they made some upgrade. I contacted them and they took my request seriously and they fixed it in later release.

Since a month or so I'm using Real Flight 6 and I think the quality of physics simulation is better. I moved to Real Flight for 3 reasons. First it has its own contoller, so I don't risk to break mine. Second I it uses real 3D environment instead of photo scene. And third you can really fly in your plane. This is good for me since I plan try eventually try FPV flight.