PDA

View Full Version : Hummer, not your gas guzzler

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-21, 11:09 PM
Well David it's out of the box and on the work table. It's amazing what you can find, I was missing a prop adapter and found one I didn't know I had in a box of misc electric stuff.

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-24, 06:25 PM
Well good day to do the work outside tying up the bushes etc to get ready for winter.

Now did some work on the Hummer. Put the carbon rods first in the wings then glued them together, to make sure all align properly. Did the first side of the fuselage.

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-24, 06:29 PM
guzzler is the right spelling; how can we edit the title of our tread?

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-25, 11:31 PM
Hey someone corrected my title ..thanks

Some more work done. My first experience with a HK kit...humm very sparce instruction with pictures not too clear, but since I did a scarth built I'm used to no instructions.

The right side stiffener was made too short hope the other guys who got the kit didn't have this problem.

The motor was not an easy installation fortunately I had a motor mount lying around, amazing what you can accumulate over the years.

The included motor mount is made for I don't know what probably not an outrunner. So it took me a while to figure out how to install it. I put 4 hardwood stick imbedded in the foam.

Just have the aileron servos to put in. Now just have to clean my hand with acetone:rolleyes:

beto9
2012-11-26, 08:53 AM
Watch out for acetone fumes... no good at all!

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-26, 08:14 PM
There is something about being in my workshop with all those smells (CA, epoxy, wood and foam dust...ho yes acetone) and watching Ice Pilots or any airplane program or music( I get more work done that way).. that's my drug:D

Kevin Rochon
2012-11-26, 10:19 PM
Got the ailerons done tonight, didn't have enough 2mm carbon fiber rod from the kit but fortunately I had some. Next step is to install the wheels and the ESC and position the batt. for proper CG. It's funny on the pictures it shows that it should be 120-130mm from leading edge which is about 1/3 of the wing according to the lines they put on the picture but 130mm put it in the ailerons:confused::confused: so I guess it should be about 70-80mm. It's a bit hard to see white servos against white foam wings:rolleyes:

mdauth
2012-11-27, 06:28 AM
Got the ailerons done tonight, didn't have enough 2mm carbon fiber rod from the kit but fortunately I had some. Next step is to install the wheels and the ESC and position the batt. for proper CG. It's funny on the pictures it shows that it should be 120-130mm from leading edge which is about 1/3 of the wing according to the lines they put on the picture but 130mm put it in the ailerons:confused::confused: so I guess it should be about 70-80mm. It's a bit hard to see white servos against white foam wings:rolleyes:

Kevin, look at the reviews on HK site on the Hummer and one guy mention his CG was 120 from the leading edge for the plane to fly level both inverted or right side up. An other said the CG seemed far back but was good as per the manual.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__26559__Hummer_EPP_3D_Plane_1000mm_KIT_.html