PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex 550e DFC

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-30, 07:47 PM
This might become a thread build if all goes well and I can get my 10% off at Rotorquest.:)

T-Rex 500e DFC
Futaba CGY 750
Gens Ace 5000 6S 60c

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 12:42 AM
ok it's ordered should get my 10% off waiting for the confirmation of the latter. If all goes well I will get it on the 4th.

Little change I decided(after lots of reading of forums) to go with the 3GX and a 45c 5000mah batt. a bit cheaper and it will do the trick.

The 3GX as a combo is only 95$ so if not satisfied can always change later on.

Now I'm only missing a receiver, might use the 6008HS in the Extra.

JimmyG
2013-08-31, 06:02 AM
So you finally bit the bullet and are moving up. Excellent choice you’re going to really enjoy it. :D:D

Elgreco
2013-08-31, 07:36 AM
Nicely done !
Welcome to "real flight "......;)

Get it ?

lol

Good luck.

Burning Head
2013-08-31, 08:14 AM
Hey Mario:) do you think to make a visit to Wimac for the fun fly. Your skill in 3D is always a most:cool:

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys, I dreamt about it all nite:crazy: This morning I realized I forgot to get a carry bag so got up early but they don't have it in stock at Rotorquest neither GH.

Another reason I went with the 3GX (you ear good and bad about it) is that if I went with the CGY750 I need an S-BUS receiver and no one has stock.

I read that the 3GX resets sometimes because of static and some guy took off the chrome plating off the cover and now it's ok. Anyone has a 3GX?

beto9
2013-08-31, 10:30 AM

Another reason I went with the 3GX (you ear good and bad about it) is that if I went with the CGY750 I need an S-BUS receiver and no one has stock.

HobbyKing has Frsky S-Bus receivers and many people are using them with good results. Ask Claude Dion. Cheap!!!!

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 10:32 AM
Nicely done !
Welcome to "real flight "......;)

Get it ?

lol

Good luck.

I guess you mean from Sim to reality?

But I do fly my T-rex 450 and this year I decided not to be afraid of it and started doing some aerobats some Rolls and Loops and just started Tic Toc. None of them too pretty but it's a start.

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 10:35 AM
HobbyKing has Frsky S-Bus receivers and many people are using them with good results. Ask Claude Dion. Cheap!!!!

We'll see but I'd rather stay with Futaba.

P.S. Good one about the nose:D

Elgreco
2013-08-31, 01:32 PM
Larger=easier+better. You will see.
Flying the 450 requires very fast reflexes. The 550 will come easier to you.

Richard, I'd love to, but this year my kids have taken up all my time. I am 5-7 days a week at the sport complexes and arenas and that's only for my older son. The second one is starting too this year higher levels.Too crazy.
I am caught at a soccer tournament this weekend on top of hockey tryouts and stuff.3 different places everyday up to Monday.

It's all good. All in good time. Have fun guys, hope weather cooperates.

MikeRacing95
2013-08-31, 03:43 PM
Chez Distribution aux Modélistes ils ont le Futaba R6202SBW, le R6208SB et le R7008SB en stock...

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 05:59 PM
Well today did a

TIC TOC OOPS

I did a loop then a roll when I tried the Tic Toc it was coming down a bit too much so I pushed on the Elv and gave it up cyclic but it still just drop like a sac of potatoes. Damage is more than last week won't be able to bring it at the funfly need a new frame and maybe a new tailboom.:( Billy gave me a partly built 450 with metal frame I'll see if it fits if not I'll try to add to my order.

Kevin Rochon
2013-08-31, 06:03 PM
Chez Distribution aux Modélistes ils ont le Futaba R6202SBW, le R6208SB et le R7008SB en stock...

Merci Michel, pour l'instant comme je vais avec le 3GX je peux mettre un Rx regulier.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-03, 11:31 AM
Just spoke to Eugene at Rotorquest and the difference in pricing was the CDN dollar adjustment and since my invoice wasn't processed yet it changed the prices. So he fixed that this morning since I had gotten a confirmation plus I was able to add a few pieces to fix my 450.

Should leave today.:)

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-04, 11:56 AM
Look what purolator AKA Santa brought me this morning. Can any one read Manderin I'll give him the newspaper:D

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-04, 04:21 PM
Just came back from shopping(it was planned) So now finally looking at my new stuff. Unfortunately I ordered an Align digital pitch gauge but it's not working. Good news is Eugene will send me a new one N/C I just have to return the defective one afterwards.

I ordered a Blade Holder but there is one that comes with the kit. If anyone needs a Blade holder for 550-600 let me know.

beto9
2013-09-04, 06:36 PM
SO we will expect many more threads about the heli repair.:D:confused::eek:

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-04, 07:29 PM
SO we will expect many more threads about the heli repair.:D:confused::eek:

Haha:rolleyes: BTW I ordered some replacement main shaft for the 550, that's thinking ahead:crazy:

Let me finish the one for the 450 first

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-05, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Kevin Rochon;38470]Haha:rolleyes: BTW I ordered some replacement main shaft for the 550, that's thinking ahead:crazy:

Well while checking if I had everything in the box I came upon the main shaft it seem I ordered the wrong replacement. I got the 550e flybarless but it's not the same as the DFC they are longer.

So does anyone have a 550e flybarless or 600e that could use them?

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-06, 07:37 PM
Ready to start, here we go Albert hold on, but I promise it's not going to be a loooonnnggg thread:D

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-07, 12:06 AM
This is fun building, no cutting no sanding(just had to file some slots) no gluing(not counting thread lock). Some part come already assembled but not permanent so I have to disassemble then put the thread lock and reassemble. So did the head and the frame. Has suggested I used a piece of glass to make sure the frame is 90°. So I screwed everything made sure it was 90° then one by one removed the screws to add thread lock.

I was watching a program on History CH, while building, very interesting. 101 inventions that changed the world...guess what is #1:confused:

beto9
2013-09-07, 08:26 AM
I was watching a program on History CH, while building, very interesting. 101 inventions that changed the world...guess what is #1:confused:

# 1: The plastic bag to bring back the pieces from the field? :D

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-07, 11:20 AM
No Albert it doesn't pertain only to RC.

Guess again and don't over think it;)

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-07, 11:23 AM
Now this is getting ridiculous its worst the computers I haven't finished building my 550 that Align is coming out with a new 550E DFC with a bigger motor 730mx in Red and different blades etc, like the 700E with it's 850mx. You just can't win.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-07, 05:38 PM
I have a question for those who have a similar Heli.

Where did you position the FLB system I have a choice of on top or on the bottom. I installed the plate at the bottom but I realize now that it's going to be difficult to to do the set-up?

beto9
2013-09-07, 05:50 PM
Now this is getting ridiculous its worst the computers I haven't finished building my 550 that Align is coming out with a new 550E DFC with a bigger motor 730mx in Red and different blades etc, like the 700E with it's 850mx. You just can't win.

Whenever they change the model with an extra number or letter is because they are discontinuing the previous model and some times is because they had problems.
And besides... if it is not shinier, faster, prettier, more oompah, etc... they would not sell more.
I have noticed in the ARF planes that they do a production run and when they sell the inventory... is finished. And also the parts are not available anymore.
I remember back in the 50's that Popular Mechanics will dedicate one issue to the new american cars and the first thing they will tell you was : "Is 4 inches longer!" (yes! also pun intended)

MidnightHeli
2013-09-08, 12:28 AM

How about the Wheel ?????:p

Elgreco
2013-09-08, 09:46 AM
Always try to install on top for easy adjustments in the future...

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-08, 11:08 AM
How about the Wheel ?????:p

You're the winner:Dancing_biggrin:

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-08, 11:11 AM
Always try to install on top for easy adjustments in the future...

Thanks Mario, looking around that's what I did last night.

zorba
2013-09-08, 12:41 PM
You're the winner:Dancing_biggrin:

I said that also but I forgot to hit the "submit reply button"

Cheers

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-08, 07:34 PM
I said that also but I forgot to hit the "submit reply button"

Cheers

hey hindsight is 100 percent Billy :D

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-14, 11:42 PM
Last evening and tonight did some more work now that 450 is repaired and flying, and no Jimmy I didn't do any Tic Toc just Roll and Loop.

This tail boom is from the 600 and the tail is the same as the 700, just that boom is probably longer then the 450:eek:

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-17, 10:41 PM
I'm at the stage of installing the ESC and the "instructions" show to put it under the Battery tray but it seems that it wouldn't get much air flow thus getting hot. Those who have a similar heli did you mount it that way or on the side?

Elgreco
2013-09-18, 01:55 PM
Just mount it on the side. ...

beats
2013-09-18, 07:10 PM
I have it under de battery tray and its ok for now ......if you whant check built tread on helifreak guys put it in front on the side hard to explain or if you whant to do wire extension but you loose the meaning of having motor plug strait in the esc like the talon his design for you can put it on the middle side

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-18, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys,

I'm thinking side also the wires are long enough just got to widen one of the hole on the side.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-20, 11:21 PM
I installed the ESC on the RH side since there is 2 servos on the LH. I also installed the EC5 connector. There is a new receiver from Futaba the R6202SBW I think I will order one of those to use on this heli. S-Bus will make a neater installation, only 1 wire from the RX to the 3GX.

I've been doing a lot of reading on set-up trying to understand all this Heli stuff...ouf:eek:

JimmyG
2013-09-21, 12:03 AM
When you are ready to setup the fly-bar-less system this video will help.
It's old but still applies.
Bert Kammerer - Align Flybarless 3G - YouTube

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-21, 12:15 PM
Thanks Jimmy, the 3GX comes with a mini CD but I ave a laptop so can't read that. Do I need that CD or is it online somewhere?

JimmyG
2013-09-21, 03:32 PM
Try here http://www.christopherkriens.com/3gx/
I assume there is some sort of usb connector that comes with your kit. The software that they include is capable of doing fine tuning of the system. It wasn't included with my version but was available at extra cost. There is also instructions on setup.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-21, 08:00 PM
Yes I have the USB adaptor, thanks for the link I'll download it to the Windows side of my Mac.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-22, 08:09 PM
With this crappy WE at least I got some work done on the Heli. Got the blades balanced and the canopy set-up. It's a bit hard to put on and take off the canopy but a quick release for the bottom latch is 26$ and the side grommet replacement latch are 21$ a bit steep so I'll use the stock ones for now.

Now just the hard part the set-up of the gyro but I need the RX for that I'm putting in an order at Rotorquest, I will customize my heli at the same time.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-24, 08:25 PM
Rats I hate that they(PC) showed last night my order was coming today ...but no...now it's for tomorrow ...oh well gotta be patient.:rolleyes:

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-25, 08:32 PM
Got my order today. But again I forgot to think of my 550 as an 600. I ordered a Heli image boom sticker and for the support also but of course they are about 2 inch too short. Oh well I'll put them anyway should look ok. The RX was the main reason for my order.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-25, 11:11 PM
Well I put on the boom and support wrap looks good I think even if a bit short. Downloaded the 4.0 3GX software and started reading.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-27, 12:00 AM
All the easy parts are done but now trying to program the thing.

I installed all the wiring as per the manual for S-Bus but when I plug in the battery the Rx comes on but not the 3 GX and the servos. Also the ESC doesn't make any sound it should indicate the # of cells in the Lipo (6S).

help:(

beats
2013-09-27, 06:24 PM
did you calibrate the talon with your remote .....if not check on castle how they calibrate the remote whit your esc

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-27, 08:27 PM
Merci Frank,

When I got back from work I couldn't leave it alone. The guy from Castle C. told me that probably it is a signal problem because the ESC is flashing red.

Now everything works. I realized last night (past 12PM) that I was doing my test with the motor unplugged as a safety measure but of course the ESC won't make a sound like that(brain fart). So plugged it in and it work but not the 3GX nor the servos.

Today I tried with an reg RX 617 and all the wires that you need without S-Bus and all came alive. So I now I new it was a signal problem. I changed the frequency from Multi2 to reg Multi on the 8FG and Voila it works in S-Bus.

Now need to update the 3GX to version 4.0 and do all the adjustment.

I doubt I'll be able to bring it tomorrow but who knows:confused:

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-27, 11:31 PM
Well did the update to the 3 GX to version 4.0. Now I realize that my servos aren't set-up properly ie not moving properly so I need to address that first then I watch a video on the 3 GX set-up (end points etc) and I see there is a lot of work left to do:rolleyes:

dhamultun
2013-10-02, 07:14 PM
Found some good build videos for those that may need them...these are for 450L

http://youtu.be/bxM0ViL7KOQ

http://youtu.be/Nzwz0C-njoc

http://youtu.be/d_an3eerIts

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-02, 08:07 PM
Looks good I scrolled through them.

I've done the programming on my ESC, I pulled away the motor WOW it sound like a turbine at full speed.:eek:

I've finaly got the servos going the right way and level at 90° but I'm not getting proper down cyclic. I get 12° up but barely 3° down and the swash sits at mid range in neutral. So tonight I got to figure what to do to fix that.

After I need to program the 3GX, now I'm in DIR mode which bypasses the Gyro part of the 3GX.

dhamultun
2013-10-02, 08:11 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it. I was surprised to find that the 450L is made to use 4S to a 6S lipo.

He also has this video for setting up the 3GX...

http://youtu.be/ayiC9VkUTLo

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-02, 08:13 PM
Yes me too it's a 1400mah 6S but it makes sense more voltage less amp so less weight for that size but more power.

dhamultun
2013-10-02, 08:15 PM
Yes me too it's a 1400mah 6S but it makes sense more voltage less amp so less weight for that size but more power.

Added a video to my previous post

dhamultun
2013-10-02, 08:22 PM
Cool video of it in action...

http://youtu.be/mHeb8lnvCJ4

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-02, 10:46 PM
Looks so easy hey.

Well my light came on:embarrassed:

So I found out why the pitch wasn't going as much down as up. Obviously in Normal mode there is less down then up so I just had to put it in Idle up 2 which has equal up and down.

So I calibrated all my flight modes (Normal, Idle up 1 & 2) as per the Align manual. Just to get it to 0° took me a while, good thing I got that digital pitch gauge, really helps.

So now I just need to setup the 3GX, that's tomorrow evening.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-03, 11:11 PM
Tonight I did the Auto-rotation calibration of the ESC. Wanted to start to calibrate the 3GX but my radio was low on battery so that will wait for tomorrow. I read the instructions there is a lot of steps involved.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-03, 11:46 PM
Just finished watching some videos from RC-Help and it really demystifies the process. They give a good start-up setup so the heli is more tamed for the first flight and I can do most of that through the 3 GX PC program.

beto9
2013-10-04, 02:06 PM
Oh my god, 59 postings and the poor thing has not lifted yet...

zorba
2013-10-04, 03:00 PM
Do we have enough room on the servers??:D;):)

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-04, 08:23 PM
If all goes well tonight she should lift off tomorrow and after that I'm back on the Havard thead:)

beto9
2013-10-05, 10:06 AM
If all goes well tonight she should lift off tomorrow and after that I'm back on the Havard thead:)

Please try not to open a repair thread for this one anytime soon!:D

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-05, 10:48 AM
Well did a lot of setting up last night and watched a lot of instructional video, hopefully everything will turn out well.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-05, 07:59 PM
It was a no go still have some reprogramming to do.

Sorry Alberto this thread ain't over yet:rolleyes:

zorba
2013-10-05, 09:27 PM
God help us all....;):D

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-06, 12:33 AM
You mean help me!

It won't fly tomorrow(well it is tomorrow now) either. The more I try to set it up the more I see thing that are wrong.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-06, 05:04 PM
Tried to re-adjust everything but I'm having a problem. BTW yesterday I couldn't figure out at the field to reverse the compensation of the ailerons I should of gone in DIR mode.

But back to my problem some of the guys at the field saw it also whether I'm in gyro mode or DIR mode the servos jump up once in a while and are very chattery. Sometimes it's only one servo (any of the Ail/Elv or Pit) and sometimes all three. They usually move up/down about 1/4". Tony the guy from RCHelp who makes the videos told me it might be a bad gyro that's why I tried in DIR mode which bypasses the gyro.

I tried with a reg R617 with all the wires and it's very quiet. So I guess I got a bad RX.

It's not going to be easy it seems......:angry:

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-07, 08:06 PM
Well the RX is going back to Rotorquest for tests, but there is definitely a problem.

Also I realized that my autorotation gear is not running freely, so Tony told me to try to loosen up the bearing blocks and try to space them a bit without creating a loose shaft.

Any of you guys have had this problem?

I tried taking off one of the shims but their was play on the shaft.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-08, 07:35 PM
Well the RX is on it's way back.

I tried last night to loosen up the autorotation gear but even with the gears out no shaft through it it's not really free turning let say as my 450 and as soon as I put the "jesus" bolt that holds the gears to the shaft then it almost doesn't turn it's very hard even with the bolt barely tightened.

Any of you heli guys having this problem?

Eladio
2013-10-08, 09:59 PM
Sorry Kevin !! I can't help you i have no heli ! :) But you sure are a determined guy ! :)
Keep the good work, " Lache pas " :)

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-08, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Eladio!

I found it it's not quite as loose as my 450 but much better. I took apart the 2 gears and put more grease then when I was putting it back I realized that the jesus bolt for the gear and the one that holds the head which looks exactely the same are actually 1 fr@#$%n mm different:eek:

Sempai-mj
2013-10-08, 10:46 PM
What a difference a mm will make!:D

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-09, 08:02 PM
Yap I couldn't believe it and still don't.

My receiver got tested today and Eugene didn't see any problem he tried it in 2 helis even sent me a video.

So it, or a new one?, is on the way back. He didn't confirm for the exchange had to speak to his boss.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-10, 11:53 PM
Well got it back today plug it in no jitter yet but my nightmare continues!

I was going to start the setup again and still have the motor moved out from the gears so it started turning but was doing a weird noise so stop it. Took it out to look at it closer seems ok so I put it back but now when it turns there is a major vibration. I check my setting in the ESC and it's all as per manual. Don't know what happened.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-11, 12:35 AM
Just went to check it again and I see what happened. One of the magnets came loose and is now stuck next to another one, they are supposed to be spaced out.

Will check if I can get a replacement:mad:

beto9
2013-10-11, 08:53 AM
Kevin, that project is telling you something very loud: "Do not continue!"

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-11, 11:37 AM
Kevin, that project is telling you something very loud: "Do not continue!"

I just can't get a break, I'm in too deep $$

Sempai-mj
2013-10-11, 12:08 PM
Your like a dog on a bone!

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-11, 08:15 PM
Who do I choke!

Spoke to Eugene I'll return the motor on Tuesday so he can send me a new one.

BTW I asked him if it was common and he hesitantly said yes....humm:confused:

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-16, 11:10 PM
Still getting those jumping servos. Sent a video to Eugene(Rotorquest) after he sent me back my RX, told me to try a new model in my TX, did that, same difference. Sent the video to Futaba Support, they said that the Align servos might not be compatible with Futaba:eek: and to try just 1 servo directly to the RX. That works and doesn't jump but....that's not a solution.

Read somewhere a guy in UK had the same problem + servos moving in wrong direction, but was using a R617 RX(which I have but works better for me) he found that the wiring in the Align manual is wrong. I saw that a while back so that solved the movement but he doesn't mention anything else about the jumping:(

At least I solved my auto-rotation problem took off 1 shim now it's fine but a little slack in the main shaft so I ordered some more shims, now I have a .5mm instead of the .5mm+.3mm originally and will put 2x.3mm should be better.

Does anyone have a FBL unit(3GX,BeastX or other) to lend me so I can try it instead of the 3gx to see if it's the problem, and/or an SBus RX?

zorba
2013-10-17, 05:43 AM
Why don't you try a JR/Spektrum radio.:)

beats
2013-10-17, 06:13 PM
whe could try to meet and i bring 2 satellite and my dx7 to test your 3gx but my fbl systeme are well hide in the frame of my heli real pita to take out

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-17, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the offer Frank but don't bother.

Last night I found some forums and others had the same problem(had to look for "servo Twitch"), most of them had Specktrum radio's ok Billy :p. Some of them where on v. 3 or 3.1 and had jumping helis in flight or lost them:eek: so they reverted to v. 2.1

So I will try going from 4.0 to 2.1 or Eugene from Rotorquest suggested trying a BEC(I have one in the AJSlick)

If all that doesn't work he's going to give me a deal on a BeastX or other FBL system. Whatever happens I'm leaning towards that, I should of listen to you Tarek:o

nitrouspete
2013-10-17, 07:52 PM
Kevin,

I have also had problems with V4. I went back to V2.1. All good. Align added too many additions mainly for using the 3gx with their APS system. just give it a try with the older version. It will work.
I am presently trying the NAZA H. I will compare as soon as I can test fly it at club.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-17, 08:05 PM
Kevin,

I have also had problems with V4. I went back to V2.1. All good. Align added too many additions mainly for using the 3gx with their APS system. just give it a try with the older version. It will work.
I am presently trying the NAZA H. I will compare as soon as I can test fly it at club.

Some of the guys that have no problem say that using 4.0 stabilizes the heli on spool up but I will start with that.

JimmyG
2013-10-17, 08:22 PM
I have the 3G on my 550, 600 and 700 and never had these issues. You figure Align would be simplifying and perfecting there flybarless systems.

Tarek Hassoune
2013-10-17, 08:43 PM
Kevin I have removed my Beastx from my 550 to use the Naza H
If you want to try let me know do u have an s-bus rx it will make your setup easier

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-17, 10:11 PM
Kevin I have removed my Beastx from my 550 to use the Naza H
If you want to try let me know do u have an s-bus rx it will make your setup easier

Yes I have Sbus

I will have to try the 2.1 tomorrow my Winzip expired, last time I just redownloaded but now it doesn't work so will have to unzip;) at work.

Thanks for the offer Tarek we'll see tomorrow what happens first with the 2.1.

Sempai-mj
2013-10-18, 07:53 AM
Download "WINRAR" it better than WINZIP it's free.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-18, 11:38 PM
Well finally downgraded the 3GX to 2.1 just had time to test it a little bit, I have to completely redo the setup, but so far so good some noise(not all the time) but no jumping.....yet.....we'll see.

nitrouspete
2013-10-19, 06:50 AM
this time you will be able to fly it.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-19, 12:05 PM
Well I have no motor they just got mine on Friday(after 2 days of getting no one at home Puro got it there) So they are supposed to ship to me N/C on Monday. If all goes well with 2.1 I might try 3.1?

So If all goes well for next W-E.:confused:

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-22, 11:40 PM
Well I read on RC-Help forum that I'm not the only one having this problem with 4.0 (but not all) and Align is working on it?

Tonight I installed the 3.1 and redid the setup and so far so good:)

New motor is leaving TTO tomorrow and should be here Friday:):)

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-23, 11:41 PM
Tonight I readjusted my cyclic. I learned a few things on RC-Help I found a step by step with pictures.

To get my servos arms at 90° before I had to add a lot of sub trim, over 100 which is way too high should be no more than 50. I found out that even though the arms are the same so are the servos one should try to switch them around. So I did that and got a much better fit that was closer to 90° and the sub trims are less then 50 and the Elev. is actually 0.

So now my cyclic is at 0°(level) at mid stick and at full pos.(had to add a bit on Pitch servo on end points) and neg.

Tomorrow adjusting zero pitch on blades at mid and pos and neg pitch (around 11°) and adjusting the rest of the setup in the 3GX via my PC.

:wacky:

P.S. Di you guys watch Ice Pilots new season start? C46 gear collapse.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-24, 11:33 PM
Just did the cyclic setup not perfect but close. Got -00.4 at center on max got +12.6 and -11.6 and on Aile & Elev pretty close also(supposed to be +/-8°). The way the DFC linkage are made you got to turn one full turn at a time, can't do half, so that limits the adjustments. But my Trex 450 after 2 crashes is far from perfect and still flies ok.

Will get the motor tomorrow(??) and will finish the fine tuning on the PC. So if Saturday can be nice?? after the shelter work who knows.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-25, 09:16 PM
Well didn't get my motor, they sent it to my house instead of my work place:(

I will have to go pick it up tomorrow. So if all goes well(it's got to start soon) I will maiden on Sunday and maybe end this thread.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-26, 08:34 PM
Went to get my motor and redid the Throttle and Auto-rotation (Throttle Hold) set-up.

Motor sounds like new:D

Of course as Micheal mentioned it's going to be windy tomorrow, just can't get a break hey:angry:

Sempai-mj
2013-10-26, 08:44 PM
Went to get my motor and redid the Throttle and Auto-rotation (Throttle Hold) set-up.

Motor sounds like new:D

Of course as Micheal mentioned it's going to be windy tomorrow, just can't get a break hey:angry:

I have heard that the wind doesn't really affect a heli:eek:

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-26, 08:50 PM
Well at the maiden there is some tweaking to do so the wind would hinder the result.

Sempai-mj
2013-10-26, 09:12 PM
Yes you are right!
Don't need extra pressure on a maidan.

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-27, 12:11 AM
Finished the PC setup, this might have to change when I test fly it since I put it to a mild setup.

The end? Maybe now I can restart working on the one in the background you know.;)

Andrew Fernie
2013-10-27, 07:38 AM
That sure looks better than my old Sceadu.

Always good practice to take photos before the first flight, so you should be protected from mishaps now. Good luck!

Andrew

Eladio
2013-10-27, 02:12 PM
Finished the PC setup, this might have to change when I test fly it since I put it to a mild setup.

The end? Maybe now I can restart working on the one in the background you know.;)

Je te souhete de beaux vols

Kevin Rochon
2013-10-27, 03:10 PM
Merci Eladio j'espère juste que la température sera meilleur le W-E prochain?

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-03, 07:47 PM
Sorry Albert it's not over;)

Got it to spool up but the 3GX wasn't correcting fast enough so it was tilting first to the left and when I tried to correct it went the other way so didn't take off.

I will recheck the software set-up.

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-06, 11:24 PM
Re installed the software(1st downgraded then upgraded). Finally Tony from RC-Help told me to set the gains(Elev and Aile) pots on the 3 GX to 105 through the software. This should keep the heli from tilting on spool up.

Unfortunately this is not explained in the instructions:rolleyes:

MidnightHeli
2013-11-07, 01:13 AM
Re installed the software(1st downgraded then upgraded). Finally Tony from RC-Help told me to set the gains(Elev and Aile) pots on the 3 GX to 105 through the software. This should keep the heli from tilting on spool up.

Unfortunately this is not explained in the instructions:rolleyes:

check out this thread, hope this helps
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=539674

With the 3 axis gyro you don't want to touch the right stick until it's off the ground. The best way to take off is to first give it just a little throttle slowly to get the blades moving.. maybe 1/4 stick... and then after a few seconds move it quickly up past mid stick and get off the ground as quickly as possible. Once in the air you should find that it's very stable.

The problem is that if it's on the ground and you move the right stick, the gyro get's confused because you are telling it to bank or tilt and it's cant because it's on the ground.

Another trick you can do to make sure the gyro is working correctly is to tape the skids or hold them to the ground, and slowly increase the throttle and watch the swash plate. It should move straight up and not tilt in any direction. If it slowly starts to tilt in one direction without you touching the right stick, then that means the gyro is drifting and not working correctly and you need a replacement. Also make sure when you plug in the battery the first time you hold the heli very still as the gyro calibrates itself... if not it can lead to this problem

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-07, 07:34 PM
Well thanks André I guess we'll find out this W-E(Sunday if nice, Saturday I'm booked).

I might bring some clamps if it still does the same thing. BTW I really went easy on the throttle and when it tilted I had to give it opposite otherwise it would have crashed, Jimmy was there and saw it.

beats
2013-11-08, 08:45 AM
ditch the 3gx go beatsx .......your 3gx does not seem right I had a 3gx on a nitro and on take off with all the vibe I would take off slowly no problem but ditch it for another reason ..... 3gx you will have problem one day or they other whit it

beats
2013-11-08, 09:54 AM
I forgot to mention before doing anything to your set up plug it on the computer and check in the software it should be a page name movement speed on the page you will see roll rate command display ..........put the stick of your remote to center everything has to be at zero if not redo the 3gx set up the sequence after dir no need to touch mechanical part and then go check again it should be at zero ....also check on that page if your trow are the same on each side I think it goes from 0 to 300 if your numbers are way off to be equal you may have something set up wrong .........hope it help

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-08, 08:39 PM
Thanks Frank yes I have checked that and it's almost equal, the difference probably due to the little bit of sub-trim.

Tony from RC-HELP told me it's normal that it is slow to return and I got to adjust the pots on the 3GX after the flight until it start to wag then back off a bit.

Anyways after almost 2 months since I got this heli and not flown it yet if it doesn't behave I will have to go to another system, maybe with my first choice which was going to be the Futaba CGY 750 or BeastX.

nitrouspete
2013-11-08, 09:33 PM
Kevin,

Don't give up. Just get it to lift off and you'll see it works.

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-16, 07:49 PM
Well no tilting buttt.... had the gyro for the rudder in the wrong direction:angry: should of done the test Peter told me about.

So have to take it apart tonight and order stuff. For sure tail blades and the gears for the torque tube. I guess lucky in my unlucky moment.

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-17, 11:40 AM
Well have to place 2 orders. GH has the replacement tail blades(not Rotorquest) so placed it there with some other stuff. Ordering the umbrella gears for the torque tube from Rotorquest. I'm ordering 2 of each.

So should be ok for next W-E.

N.B. I did get to fly my 450 yesterday, now that I'm understanding more about setup(I guess beside rudder:rolleyes:) it flies better but there is some rubbing noise at times? but that heli is a beater so doesn't really matter. Did a roll and a loop and all was ok. The blades are a bit loose so I ordered a new head and dampers because my original was bent slightly but the replacement that I put is not for the same model.

beto9
2013-11-17, 02:16 PM
Kevin, if you were my car mechanic I would fire you with no regrets!

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-17, 08:13 PM
Yes this is a humbling experience, hope I will learn from this to concentrate more and have the same routine has for my airplanes, check the directions of the flight surfaces before flight!

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-20, 08:46 PM
Hum??

1st order from Rotorquest done Sunday, shipped out on Monday, not here yet, most probably tomorrow.

2nd order from GH done Saturday but since they take Paypal but too complicated to do, had to called them Monday evening to pay by CC, shipped on Tuesday got it this morning.

Both free shipping from Canada Post.

Wish I got Rotorqust first I need those gears first, got the tail blades from GH. You have to shop around you see they were 18$ at Rotorquest and 16$ at GH but GH had a customer appreciation day Saturday with 15% discount so 13$;) + got a free gift, a servo tester! http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=TGHEST

Andrew Fernie
2013-11-20, 09:28 PM
Placed an order at Rctimer.com (China) on Sunday. Delivered by DHL today. Sure is a crazy world.

Andrew

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-21, 08:20 PM
Well no delivery today maybe tomorrow?

Kevin Rochon
2013-11-22, 07:36 PM
Got my parts from Rotorquest today so rebuilding tonight!

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-04, 07:45 PM
Frank if weather is nice I will be there Saturday, hoping to get my parts tomorrow.

Larry I did that but mine doesn't move much specially sideways(it goes the right way though), it does move more in Setup mode though. Tony at RC-Help(he made some good how to videos for the 3GX) told me it was normal.

beats
2013-12-04, 09:45 PM
kevin confirm on Friday or Saturday morning I will meet you there .......for your movement your right its normal and it would a flip on you on take off if inverse......how the 3gx is mounted and where?

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-04, 10:30 PM
It's mounted on top as you can see here. Note that it's partially apart right now that's why the loose wires. I'm usually there in the PM.

beats
2013-12-04, 11:34 PM
not shure if I see god but one layer of 3m on 3gx on a cold day could had vibe to sensor....on my machine i put one layer then the plate and another layer then 3gx on my nitro I even put 2 layer under the plate ......your wire put a layer on top of them plug in 3gx(like a small strip that relay all to getter so they cant come off the 3gx...and that strip don't touch the 3gx ) it absorb vibe
and finally your wire have to have some loose so the vibration of the machine don't pull your 3gx side to side etc.....on my nitro where I tie the wire whit zip tie I put 3m on frame and wire so vibe don't get to fbl unit by the wire

on a cold day if your machine is not perfectly built and already tune the tape come stiff and your fbl unit can go a little bit crazy

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-05, 08:11 PM
I will apply those tonight.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-05, 10:48 PM
I replaced the servo gears, 2 broken + bent shaft. I removed the 3GX and I cut a pieces of alum. so I'll put one double sided tape(I had ordered some more original ones before) the piece of alum. then another piece of tape then the 3GX. That's how Tarek got it on his.

Also I will do the wires like you mentioned Frank, I didn't think all this was so sensitive.

Hopefully I will have this ready for Saturday because tomorrow night is our office Xmas party.

I got some canopy holder because I realize it wasn't easy to put it on in the cold + you have to force it on and over time I figure it would damage the canopy. Here is what I got at the same time. I also got 2 sets of blades and a new canopy for my 450 but it doesn't fit it's too small(although I put some comment on my order asking if it was the right one but?)anyone needs a 450+ canopy 20$.

beats
2013-12-06, 08:05 AM
don't forget to test the vibe before replacing the blade and I will see you saturday

MidnightHeli
2013-12-06, 08:35 PM
What are make of the canopy holder and where did you get them? Looking to put something similar on my trex 600.
Thanks

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-07, 01:13 AM
don't forget to test the vibe before replacing the blade and I will see you saturday

Sorry Frank just got back from my party+ pool so I will finish the setup tomorrow, probably in the evening, if it's nice I'll go fly my 450 & slick in the PM. So pushed back to Sunday.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-07, 01:13 AM
What are make of the canopy holder and where did you get them? Looking to put something similar on my trex 600.
Thanks

It's from heli Option I got it at Rotorquest(this one's for your 600):

http://www.rotorquest.com/index.php?cPath=30_1160_1655_1348

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-07, 01:18 AM
Oops just saw a forecast of over 40K winds, off course it's the W-E.:mad:

Eladio
2013-12-07, 11:07 AM
Oops just saw a forecast of over 40K winds, off course it's the W-E.:mad:

Tomorrow the wind looks good but chilly !! :)

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-07, 08:45 PM
Did some work reinstalling the 3GX and trying to set the wires the proper way tying them up but leaving a bit of looseness near the 3GX, not easy their isn't much room. (Pict coming)

nitrouspete
2013-12-07, 09:50 PM
Tomorrow you shall fly.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-08, 12:49 AM
Well just finish balancing the blades. Reset some parameters in the 3GX soft. to very mild. I checked the swash-plate movement and all is as it should be so I don't know what happened. I had some wires tie wrapped next to the 3GX before maybe they touched it so I moved them.

I must admit I'm a bit weary about this flying hope it's finally ok.

Tarek Hassoune
2013-12-08, 04:23 AM
Kevin
Since you did some reset make sure you check tail direction before you fly

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-08, 11:08 AM
You bet, but I just changed in the parameters screen to soften the flight.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-08, 12:30 PM
You put a doubt in head Tarek so I hooked up the heli to check the Dir mode and the swash doesn't level back correctly?

When I do the Elev. reverse setup, so it corrects in the right direction, it does but doesn't come back to level, actually it goes forward. I tilt the heli forward so the swash goes back ok but when I put it level and it tilt it forward a bit, not level and the same the other way, looks like it doesn't know what is level, although when I start it up in Dir it goes perfectly level, the first light where you check for proper direction.

On the Aile. reverse when I tilt it left it first tilts the swash fast left then back to correct to the right and the same the other way. It didn't do that before I think? Maybe that's why it went 90° on me last time?

I did some test yesterday in reg. flight mode without the blades and it didn't seem to have bad tendencies.

So I don't know what to do with this?:(

Tarek Hassoune
2013-12-08, 08:28 PM
Kevin
I really don't have experience with this unit never had one but I an lend u a beast-x unit which I took out from my 550 to replace it with naza-h.
If u want u can install it and try it u will see the difference

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-08, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the offer Tarek that sound like a good idea. At this point I just want to get this heli flying. How can we hook up?

I was looking at different systems today. The common understanding is that none come with proper or complete instructions. Most say Beast X is one of the easiest to setup not that 3G is that hard but can't get it to what it's supposed to do?

nitrouspete
2013-12-08, 09:08 PM
Go to firmware 2 and fly.
I flew my TREX800 TREX700 and all my other Align helis on older firmware. No problems.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-08, 09:26 PM
Go to firmware 2 and fly.
I flew my TREX800 TREX700 and all my other Align helis on older firmware. No problems.

I'll try that in the mean time.

Tarek Hassoune
2013-12-09, 03:24 AM
Hi Kevin
Give me a call we can arrange to met some where

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-09, 08:07 PM
Hi Kevin
Give me a call we can arrange to met some where

Ok let me try the 2.1 first.

Elgreco
2013-12-09, 09:56 PM
Just get a vbar....
Going through the wizard on the pc when doing the setup, is so easy my son could do it.
At the end of the day, I have tried most, and although all will fly once they are setup properly, the vbar flew perfect EVERY SINGLE TIME I installed it in any heli.
Prices have dropped by now, so why not go with the company that started it all ?
I just don't get why haven't you flown yet. As I remember, the 3g was very simple to setup. Bad luck I guess.
But in case you decide to by another system, I would consider vbar.
I was flying 3g in my 550 for almost 1 1/2 year and when I switched to vbar I was WOW!
Although I am not nearly flying as hard as those guys on youtube, I really felt the difference.

Good luck.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-09, 10:30 PM
I'm very depressed that I haven't flown that chopper yet I can't understand why it's so hard to get it right. Align should have a product that works, maybe not the best but at least work?

Where do you get Vbar?

MidnightHeli
2013-12-10, 01:52 AM
I do not know if the programing for the 3g and the 3gx same or similar, but take a look at this.
http://helipilotonline.com/index.php/setting-up-the-align-3g-flybarless-controller
Hope it helps

Elgreco
2013-12-10, 12:57 PM
Yea, I really don't get it either because every 3g I had was simple with no real issues. But vbar just flies so much better.

You get it either at ready heli in the states or rcflightstore in vancouver, if they have it in stock.

And you would need only the mini for this size.

You do need a pc to do the setup really, but it is VERY easy going through the wizard they have. And as I said , once it is done, you rarely have to do anything.
At least I never did, for the flying I do.

I am leaning to believe that probably you must be doing something wrong in the setup (being new at this, not offense...lol). It makes no sense.

Another point you need to know is that WHILE ON THE BENCH, when you check the direction of the swash, meaning you give input forward, back or sideways, it will never come back perfectly straight when you let go.
it will usually be slow coming back and almost always will be leaning one way or the other.
THIS IS NORMAL ON BENCH.
it's the way it is. as long as the direction it counters is correct, that is all you need. When you fly it, it will be fine.

And all that stuff about taking off is hard and it will tip over etc, is crap.
IF you go VERY slowly, then yes it might counteract a skid that still touches on the ground but this is rare.
You just have to take off normally, don't hang on the ground forever...

Always need to be sure before you take off, the direction of the rudder to be correct. Even myself sometimes on first setups, it has happened that it was reversed. But before you take off you see that because once you give enough power, it will start spinning around like crazy. Just power down fast.
I guess you didn't have enough time last time.

Give the setup one more try from the beginning I would say.
Doing all this with buttons on the unit, is different than using the pc like the vbar. On the pc, you see everything with drawings also which simplifies it..
So just re check your setup I would say first...
It's been a VERY LONG TIME since had a 3g so I don't remember to comment on the procedure unfortunately.

Good luck

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-10, 08:10 PM
I did the downgrade last night to v2.1. I will see if thing get better.

The swash not leveling was not in normal mode I was in Setup mode where you set the compensation of the Elv. and Ail. that is when it wasn't going level after the tilt, it would actually go opposite after and stay there.

Anyways we'll see.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-10, 11:00 PM
Well did the DIR setup, had to re-level my swash plate, but everything ok. Next the throttle calibration which is pretty simple but at first it did blink like it should at the end before resetting, so I found that I had to have my pitch curve at default setting like the throttle curve, 0-50-100, so that work but when I went to try the motor, without the blades of course now it doesn't work the ESC first gave me a 2 blink ie Start Fail, now it's blinking all the time which the guy at CC told me the ESC is not getting the radio signal. I f I bring the throttle all the way up it makes the tone then start flashing steady I bring back to center give more tones then starts flashing fast and beeping at the same time. On the error chartI can't find anything about that, I will have to email the CC guy again.

It was fine when I was on 3.1 even after the crash?

Tarek Hassoune
2013-12-11, 01:33 AM
Kevin if u r using futaba u have to reverse the throttle

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-11, 07:52 PM
Kevin if u r using futaba u have to reverse the throttle

I'll check it tonight, though I didn't change that in the TX. I will also try a few thing the guy from CC told me today.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-11, 10:35 PM
Well as suggested by the CC guy Mr. Akins I tried with another RX and it worked right away. So I update back to 3.1 and now it works but I don't want to fly it again?

I have a questions I had some wires(in the last install) that were tie wrapred next to the 3GX it might have touched it, it was very close could that have cause the 90° flip?

beats
2013-12-12, 03:35 PM
maybe give some bad vibration to it......the new 3gx is a lot better than the old 3g.for my self only had problem whit it whas because of vrabration and it whas still flying good I change my systeme because I dint like the nitro gouveneur on it that why I have a sk540 on my 600n ...... I am pretty shure your crash whas because of vibration

another thing I did a few 3gx setup and they all flew great on maiden on stock setting ....when you say you tamed down the heli what did you do in the software ......me I only go in the software and get my ail and elev less pitch I go by felling doing roll and flip

not all unit and I think that 3gx , the bleu serie of v bar and beastx don't have the new sensor

the v bar platinum or silver I don't remember the name have the new sensor and you have icon , bavaran demon (its on my 550 incredible systeme) sk 540 sk720 black edition have those sensor that you can hot glue your fbl unit on your frame and fly perfect

its been a long time sence I play whit 3gx but like I said before I will try to go meet you for your maiden and whe will check everything before you fly it a am pretty shure it will fly next time don't give up :)

beto9
2013-12-12, 04:09 PM
Kevin, this is becoming a longest soap than Downton Abbey!

Ronald Longtin
2013-12-12, 05:28 PM

Downton Abbey season 4 starts on January 5th so your heli has to fly by then so we can watch it in peace.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-12, 08:17 PM
Well not sure I'll fly it this W-E? Sat. freezing and Sunday snow? But I have some vacation time between Xmas and New Years.

Don't worry you won't miss your Dowton Abbey Ronald, I'll be watching too;)

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-13, 10:01 PM

as long as it's not like Coronation Street :D

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-15, 11:21 AM
Tony from Rc-Help told me my upgrade might be corrupted(in the 3GX) so I downgraded and re upgraded but it's the same. when I adjust the compensation in DIR mode for the Elv it goes the right way ie opposite but comes back and goes way off. But the worst is Ail. still when I tilt it, let say left it goes very fast to the left then back to the right to correct. Also when in flight mode I give it left or right Ail. it does it but also the whole swash goes up and down after. That's not normal!

So now I need to change this 3GX for something else, but which?

zorba
2013-12-15, 02:46 PM
V-Stabi and your done

Sempai-mj
2013-12-15, 03:19 PM
V-Stabi and your done

Oh mighty one speaks, where were you 300 posts ago !
:D

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-15, 08:54 PM
V-Stabi and your done

Vbar Silverline but where to get it? Rcflight store don't have it.

zorba
2013-12-15, 09:46 PM
Try Here:
http://shop.mikado-heli.de/VBar-Mini-VBar/VBar-Bonus-Bundle.htm?shop=k_mikado_e&SessionId=&a=catalog&t=2663&c=7283&p=7283

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-15, 10:52 PM
Wow Billy I'm trying to get it in Canada and avoid USA and you're sending me to EU?

Did you ever order from there? What about shipping cost?

zorba
2013-12-16, 07:51 AM
Yes I have ordered from there many times. I used to get the clamps for my drones from there, no one had them also parts for my Logo.
I don't know what the shipping is, I am sure is reasonable.
Delivery time is quick also.
Be careful of Chinese knock offs if you get it somewhere else.

Bill

PS Just spend the money and get the thing and you are done...;)

Elgreco
2013-12-16, 05:05 PM
Ready heli as I mentioned earlier.
No way around duties....
Ask for priority mail, no UPS

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-16, 08:40 PM
Ready heli as I mentioned earlier.
No way around duties....
Ask for priority mail, no UPS

Ya I saw it yesterday 399US I guess I will get the one with the control board, they only have that one and the Bluetooth one in stock.

zorba
2013-12-16, 09:34 PM
Still cheaper from Mikado $368 US

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-16, 10:29 PM
Yes but it's 52$ for shipping by DHL and I'm not sure about ordering from EU?

Ready Heli is out of stock.

So I'll think about it.

Elgreco
2013-12-16, 11:10 PM
Kevin I have one full size laying around. If you like you can borrow it and try it. If you like it I might be willing to sell it after. Sure will be cheaper than a new one.
Still works fine, just a spare I have from a heli I sold...
Let me know.
You'll just have to pick it up probably because I don't make my way there often, or I could give it to Tarek maybe one day, I usually see him once a week or so...

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-16, 11:21 PM
Well I went ahead and ordered it from Mikado. I ordered the one without the control board, I can do that with my Laptop. It was 249 EU but when I check out it came down to 209 + 30(instead of 37.50) for DHL shipping. I hope customs is not too high.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-16, 11:23 PM
Kevin I have one full size laying around. If you like you can borrow it and try it. If you like it I might be willing to sell it after. Sure will be cheaper than a new one.
Still works fine, just a spare I have from a heli I sold...
Let me know.
You'll just have to pick it up probably because I don't make my way there often, or I could give it to Tarek maybe one day, I usually see him once a week or so...

Well I ordered already, bad timing I guess. Thanks for the offer.

beats
2013-12-17, 11:23 AM
next time guys check here: http://rcflightstore.com/index.php

its in Canada

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-17, 09:54 PM
I did but no stock, if I don't get hit too much by customs I should be ok on price so far I'm at 349cnd$ delivered.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-17, 09:59 PM
Oh I also placed an small order at GH for some indoor props and a Eflite 250(mine was beat up) and some foam CA. I'll have to pick up that plane from you Michel eventually.

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-24, 07:51 AM
got my charges on my CC at 361$ CND, MC has to take a slice:rolleyes:

Good news the parcel is in Canada will be transferred to Post C., if lucky I'll get it friday.

Mon, 23.12.2013 21:31 h "The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country."

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-27, 09:30 PM
Well I was lucky my last day before vacation and look what the postman brought and so far no duties;)

Kevin Rochon
2013-12-27, 09:37 PM
Hey double whammy the software runs on Mac, those are smart people.

Kevin Rochon
2014-01-03, 04:15 PM
It's back....

Kevin Rochon
2014-01-05, 07:51 PM
While you guys had fun in the snow flying I did the setup of my Vbar. At first I was a bit confused so did a lot of Mr Mels video watching(yesterday) So today I did the setup. There is 11 steps which are pretty straight forward, but the software stop in the middle but no sweat didn't loose anything. I will have to redo the re-linking and move my linkage connections closer to the center of the arms, but that's easy.

If I had known:rolleyes: now I get almost no servo buzzing no twitching, tilt correction is automatic and proper. So this thing is going to be ready for the first warmer days, operation of the Vbar is between 0° and 50° C.

Sempai-mj
2014-01-05, 07:52 PM
You missed a good fixed wing day of flying!:D

Kevin Rochon
2014-01-05, 07:54 PM
I know but I don't really have something, beside a foamie and my 450 that I could fly in the snow.......but who knows what can happen:confused:

Kevin Rochon
2014-01-12, 03:18 PM
Well re-did all my wiring since the 3GX was on top and now the Vbar is at the bottom but the sensor is on top, also ordered the Pro version of the software. You can do a lot more for instance you can adjust your pitch without a pitch gauge.

Kevin Rochon
2014-01-19, 11:48 AM
Well finally finished the setup with the new software last night so will do the test flight as soon as it gets warmer and no wind.

For the trim flight it need a calm day. The trim flight is so the Vbar learns what is a good hover. You put it in hover then let go the sticks for a while, it registers, then you correct a bit and it learns more, compares to what it was doing.

beats
2014-02-12, 02:52 PM
hi kevin just like that keep a eye on your esc connection my 550 cut in they air last time I flew it power came back the 2 time but scary I inspected my esc and realize that the black bullet connector from the esc whas loose I took it a part there is no welding really cheap concept

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-12, 08:37 PM
Frank your taking about the female connector on the 90 Talon ESC(Red,Blue, Black)?

beats
2014-02-12, 09:06 PM
yes exactly those one...... I had a chat with cc today I got mine on January 2013 so I am pass the guarantee but I just have to pay shipping to them they will fix it and send it back for free

I did a little bit of research some had the same problem when it came out but after it look like it was ok i quest they did something to fix the problem on the most recent unit

just keep a eye on them to be shure

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-12, 10:36 PM
Merci je vais checker cela.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-26, 10:43 PM
As per Jimmy's inquirer yesterday about my 3GX I send an email to Eugene at Rotorquest (http://www.rotorquest.com) to let me know what warranty there was on this equipment. Here is what he said :"Align has no clear warranty on there product and usually us the dealer who shoulder any issue with there unit." So he told to maiden it with the VBar to see if all is good and if it is he will help me with the claim.

Pretty good service!

Kevin Rochon
2014-05-18, 08:58 PM
Well finally did the maiden (after the hard work of course). Even though it was windy when it took off it was rock solid. I will just have to put in some expo.

Just sent an email to Eugene at Rotorquest to see what he can do for me for that defective 3GX.