PDA

View Full Version : Trex 450

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-02, 08:55 PM
Well here's another one of my rebuild thread(won't be as long):eek:

Here is a Trex 450 SE V2 in pieces, see the bent boom & main shaft. Below is the donner. I will put all the metal pieces in the donner which has plastic so it will be an hybrid. I'm also fixing the landing gear of the Extra which got bent on the dead stick(out of full) landing. Have to fix the wing tip little dent(no I'm not reopening that thread Albert:rolleyes:)

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-02, 11:06 PM
I forgot to mention there is a version 4.0 for the 3GX that just came out, I will have to install it when I get my 550e DFC.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-04, 12:05 PM
Here's some more work, one of the servo HS65mg had a broken top case tab and Rotorquest didn't have any replacement in stock but fortunately I had one lying around. I sort of followed the instruction book of the 450 to rebuild. I wish they'd tell us to install the servos while the frame is opened it would be much easier then trying to hold that little plastic grommet inside the frame to hold the servo screw.

Now just got to put back the electronic. For the Gyro it's going to have to be on top because of the shape of the metal frame(used to be on the bottom on the CF one) will have to get double sided tape(forgot to order) I guess from CDN Tire. Also have to balance the new blades. Did start repair on the Extra for the wing tip while waiting for Puro.

Kevin Rochon
2013-09-05, 07:37 PM
Well flew the 450 today it was a bit windy so I just flew around, I was tempted to do some aerobatics but resisted. Robert helped me to adjust the tracking. I had to adjust the rudder servo position and all was good.

I changed the pinion from an 11 tooth to a 12; spins a little faster but since I didn't do aerobatics could tell very much. If tomorrow's not too windy I'll do some more test.