PDA

View Full Version : Just joined would like to learn

joflight
2013-10-20, 02:28 PM
Hello

My name is Joseph, I am very interested in learning the basics of rc model aircraft flying,
therefore I would like to meet/join people who have experience in this area.

I would like to get tips on flying and building a model aircraft also.
I am also interested in quadcopters and unmanned (autonomous) vehicles.

Do you guys meet on a regular basis?

Do you have training or help for "newbies" like myself?

I would be very grateful if you could answer any of these questions please.

Thank you

Sempai-mj
2013-10-20, 07:19 PM
Do you guys meet on a regular basis?

Do you have training or help for "newbies" like myself?

I would be very grateful if you could answer any of these questions please.

Thank you

Come to field on weekends, we can help.
Training = Yes

See you at the field!

xtopher
2013-10-20, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the club Joseph. Michael is right, come on next Saturday around 11 . Talking to directors and instructors will definitely help you .

My advice to have a good start is to use a simulator. Practise a lot. I just got into the hobby 5 months ago, started building planes, went to parks, but yet I could never understand flying! I used a simulator (phoenix rc)and here I am, it has been only 3 weeks that I joined the club, and I took the test to have solo . It depends on how fast you want to learn,

Best plane to start is an electric trainer. Before spending your money on anything, come to the club and have some talks.

see you soon

Chris.

MidnightHeli
2013-10-20, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the club Joseph. We have a great group all willing to help and answer questions.
Do you already have an RC aircraft and or simulator?

Shiao Tona
2013-10-29, 03:36 AM
I'd also like to learn how to help so many retirees who are stuck in a barely tenable spot when they try to live on nothing but Social Security.Wouldn't it be nice also,nitro rc helicopter (http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-helicopters.html), if each successful affiliate could find a way to help just one child get out of a life where there is no value placed on education or work.

nadiaks
2013-11-06, 05:17 PM
Hi!

I just joined as well, are you guys there on Sundays? And does anybody know how to file a sfoc?

cheers!

jan
2013-11-06, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the club Joseph and Nadia! You will have fun at our Field! On the Field Roll Call you can see if someone is going to the Field.

http://www.wimac.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Usually during the weekend you will always find someone! Last year during the winter time I learn how to fly. The people there, are really friendly and they will help you for anything ;)