PDA

View Full Version : Big Foot

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-03, 09:43 PM
Ok here's a new thread might not be as long as my previous ones but no promises;)

Everything was well pack, took me a while to get everything out. I'm just missing my spinner, sent a message to Lorne from ProRC. He gave me some catalogs I will bring them tomorrow night at the indoor.

Do you see the wheels they originally give, I got the Dubro 6" ones. There is also a plastic container what's that...oh yes a gas tanks and even canister holders. I still have some stuff to get, my spinner & an ESC link for the Hacker Opto 110. and other stuff to order like lights and glue, my thin CA as now become thick ca :D

Sempai-mj
2014-02-04, 08:57 AM
Ahaaa!

I picked the right one!:D

Cool plane, congratulations.

mdauth
2014-02-04, 09:26 AM
Congrats Kevin, love those wheels, you will be able to land anywhere with those:D:D

Eladio
2014-02-04, 11:35 AM
Felicitations Kevin !!
Je savais pas que tu etais un vrai " BUSH PILOT " :):)

Burning Head
2014-02-04, 12:26 PM
C'est toute une belle acquisition:)

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-05, 12:11 AM
Merci je suis très content d'avoir cette avion, I've been thinking about it for quite a while.

BTW my spinner is on the way.

Starting to look at different light options and now Xavier put some ideas of brakes in my mind:cool:

MidnightHeli
2014-02-05, 12:47 AM
Merci je suis très content d'avoir cette avion, I've been thinking about it for quite a while.

I was looking into it to, from what I have seen on the web it looks as stable as a trainer but also able to do 3D with it. But since my flying is still at a pre pre pre pre novice level:angry: I did not want to invest and crash it. So let me know what you think of it this summer and if I can replace my Hangar 9 Alpha 40 with it. The Alpha 40 is giving a lot of motor nightmare and nobody is able to adjust it except for one person at the club, but he is not always there and I do not understand how he does it. One more thing I found in a RC magazine that am going to try this summer and if this does not work I will bring a 20 gage gun and blow it out of the air (just joking:p) probably give it away, we will see. Oup... hijacking your thread... sorry

beto9
2014-02-05, 10:39 AM
I was looking into it to, from what I have seen on the web it looks as stable as a trainer but also able to do 3D with it. But since my flying is still at a pre pre pre pre novice level:angry: I did not want to invest and crash it. So let me know what you think of it this summer and if I can replace my Hangar 9 Alpha 40 with it. The Alpha 40 is giving a lot of motor nightmare and nobody is able to adjust it except for one person at the club, but he is not always there and I do not understand how he does it. One more thing I found in a RC magazine that am going to try this summer and if this does not work I will bring a 20 gage gun and blow it out of the air (just joking:p) probably give it away, we will see. Oup... hijacking your thread... sorry

Cheaper to change the motor. Period!

MidnightHeli
2014-02-05, 02:23 PM
Cheaper to change the motor. Period!

I know Albert, but for unknow reason the Alpha experience left me with &#€#&@ (no fault of anybody). I probably need a Saturday night group therapy at Moes with you guys my Wimac friends... (I pay for the first round). Anyway if I buy the Bigfoot I still need to buy a motor.

So what would be the perfect motor for the Bigfoot, if I use gaz, if I use nitro and if I use electric (looking at the 3 options and must keep in mind that it must be capable of 3D)?

Burning Head
2014-02-05, 05:04 PM
Wow André, c'a serais tous un achat...calcul au moins $700 minimum. ... tous compris. Oublie ton expérience avec le Alpha... Buy a good trainer plane as the Apprentice and start the flying program again this Spring:) But be there often;)

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-05, 09:06 PM
Wow André, c'a serais tous un achat...calcul au moins $700 minimum. ... tous compris. Oublie ton expérience avec le Alpha... Buy a good trainer plane as the Apprentice and start the flying program again this Spring:) But be there often;)

Moi je prone l'électrique et on parle de 1650$, juste en servo c'est pres de 500$, sans les Lipo ni le RX, sinon a gaz c'est un 35cc soit le OS 33cc ou équivalent.

Burning Head
2014-02-06, 08:14 AM
Sorry Kevin and André for my two cents, and thanks for the price réajustement. that will be a amazing projet:)

fbrunet1957
2014-02-06, 12:15 PM
I HAVE THIS ONE IN MIND.
ANY COMMENTS?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL10450

Ronald Longtin
2014-02-06, 01:54 PM
Ce serait intéressant de voir les deux en action, ça semble être des modèles innovateurs.

MidnightHeli
2014-02-06, 02:38 PM
I HAVE THIS ONE IN MIND.
ANY COMMENTS?

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL10450

beside the kit price??? The Bigfoot on special for 594.00$, just the plane, all the rest is extra, servo and extension wires, electronic, motor even the ballon tires are extra and the Carbon Z Cub on special 399.99$ is BNF but will it require servo upgrades later or other upgrades?

Just from looking at the manuals and never had the chance to try them I prefer the Bigfoot. And the Bigfoot give you the choice to go gaz or electric BUT if you order their savox servos and gaz motor with carbon prop and gaz tank you have a lovely price of 1395.99$. For the electric model 1298.97$plus the electronics and battery PLUS shipping and insurance.
So the Carbon Z Cub BNF is only electric but 1000.00$ less expensive.
Here are the links
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/assets/images/3DH-84BIGFOOT/Manual/3DH-84Bigfoot-MANUAL.pdf
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Files/EFL10475-Manual_EN.pdf

If I would decide to go with either one, here are my choices, I talk my wife into a Carbon Z Cub with a good supper at a nice restaurant for an extra 250.00$ total price around 650.00$ or buy the Bigfoot and take my wife for all included one week vacation down south for around 600.00$ to 3000.00$, for a total around 2000.00$ to 4500.00$:), I am a winner no matter what decision I take, but will my wallet (budget) accept this :confused:

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-06, 07:52 PM
Carbon Z looks interesting and pretty cheap. But on the other hand it's all foam so it can ding easily. It's up to you to check your budget here is my invoice(just got my bill from Purolator it cost me 70$ shipping):

Savox SC-1256TG High Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo- 0.15 / 277.7
SAVSC1256SG 2 $79.99 CAD $159.98 CAD
Falcon 20x10 Electric Prop 2 $25.99 CAD $51.98 CAD
**NEW** GT Power RC 0.1 to 100A Watt Meter Battery Checker
PM003 1 $30.00 CAD $30.00 CAD
3" carbon fiber spinner 1 $30.54 CAD $30.54 CAD
3DHS 84" Bigfoot -black 1 $594.00 CAD $594.00 CAD
Castle Creations Bec Pro Switching Regulator
Castle Creations Bec Pro 1 $44.95 CAD $44.95 CAD
Dubro 6" wheels for bigfoot
1 $35.00 CAD $35.00 CAD
Falcon Prop Inserts 1 $3.99 CAD $3.99 CAD
Hacker A60-6XS V2 28Pole High End Brushless Motor 1 $208.99 CAD
Hacker ESC X-110 Opto Pro 1 $129.99 CAD
Savox SC-1258TG High Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo- 0.08 / 166.6
4 $69.99 CAD $279.96 CAD
SWB Fut / Sav double lock offset arms
(off-set arm length: 3 1/2" double arm)
futaba3.5 1 $20.45 CAD
TDRC 22 AWG 100 strand Servo Extensions
(Choose an Extension length: 12" Servo Extension )
22awg12 4 $3.00 CAD $12.00 CAD
(Choose an Extension length: 6" Servo Extension )
22awg6 4 $3.00 CAD $12.00 CAD
(Choose an Extension length: 24" Servo Extension)
22awg24 1 $4.00 CAD $4.00 CAD
Subtotal: $1,617.83 CAD
Discount: -$48.50 CAD
Shipping: $0.00 CAD
Tax: $78.47 CAD
Grand Total: $1,647.80 CAD

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-16, 12:11 AM
Well here we go. Did a little bit of work unwrinkling the covering on the fuse and also had o fix the 3rd former which was broken in 2 places. The mid and bottom cross braces where broken off so had to glue them.

Btw I though it was a wolf on the side but it is an Alaskan Malamute:

Miscellaneous Aerobatic Light Aircraft Maximum Utility Traversing Extremes... or... M.A.L.A.M.U.T.E.

flybyfaith
2014-02-19, 05:19 PM
Very nice kevin, man between you and Michel you will soon have the hole 3dhs line up at the field, but that's good for me, it will help me to decide which one will be my next plane.:D

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-19, 09:06 PM
Hey I don't understand this. Sunday I ordered some CA glue a Gens Ace 5300 6S lipo and some other small stuff from GH. So I got free shipping and don't forget no PST. I figured I'll get it on Friday maybe Thursday cause last time I paid for Expedited and it took a week. Monday was closed in the rest of Canada so it left Tuesday and guess what, I got it today...go figure:confused:

The lesson: don't pay for extra shipping:rolleyes:

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-20, 10:49 PM
Had done the control horn and opened the windows before but now that I got my Thin CA I was able the install the Stab, I used epoxy for the Fin.

I will be using Robarts hinge instead of the ones they give for the Elev. & Rudder. On the Ailerons & flap they're already installed I might change them cause someone lost an Aileron on the BigFoot in the air.:eek:

BTW I ordered 5 min epoxy by mistake(already had a new set) If anyone needs some it's for sale(MEREPX5 5 Minute Epoxy 8oz $16.99).

RomanTheBanana
2014-02-21, 07:13 PM
Very cool plane!

mitea_dan
2014-02-21, 11:32 PM
Très bel model. Félicitations et, seulement, des vols de rêve.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-22, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys,

here what I did last night. Installed the rudder and elevators with the Robart hinges. They operate much smoother than the cheap ones from 3DHS. I did put those 3DHS ones on my Slick with no problem so far though. I did put hinge seal tape so that is also a security I guess the guy who lost one of his aileron on the Bigfoot didn't put that on.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-22, 08:39 PM
Slow evolution this PM. I notice that one side of the fuse was missing a black Ultracote stripe in the back RH side, fortunately I had some.

Next slow-up that rod for the elevator servo it's supposed to be threaded at each end to fit the ball links which it looked like but after trying to fit one on one side it wouldn't screw on but was ok on the other side? I put my Xacto on the thread and turn and it didn't move either way. So all along it would never had screwed on. Since I didn't have anything to replace it I had to bang it in and heated it so I wouldn't come out.

Anyway I installed the rudder servo and pull-pull wires that when better.

mdauth
2014-02-22, 08:54 PM
One side of the rod should be left hand thread.

Slow evolution this PM. I notice that one side of the fuse was missing a black Ultracote stripe in the back RH side, fortunately I had some.

Next slow-up that rod for the elevator servo it's supposed to be threaded at each end to fit the ball links which it looked like but after trying to fit one on one side it wouldn't screw on but was ok on the other side? I put my Xacto on the thread and turn and it didn't move either way. So all along it would never had screwed on. Since I didn't have anything to replace it I had to bang it in and heated it so I wouldn't come out.

Anyway I installed the rudder servo and pull-pull wires that when better.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 12:29 AM
Well the xacto didn't move when I put it in the grooves and there was no slant either way on the thread, but anyway tonight I installed the bracing for the tail and the tail wheel. Took some time because I had to re bend all the white brackets to the proper angle.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 03:51 PM
Well it's on its Big Feet:D Instead of gluing the fairings I used screws and nuts I want it removable so if and when I put some floats I can take them off.

JimmyG
2014-02-23, 05:50 PM
Where can I get a set of those tires? Been looking for tundra tires for the longest time

Sempai-mj
2014-02-23, 05:51 PM
Awesome plane Kevin. :)

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 07:47 PM
Where can I get a set of those tires? Been looking for tundra tires for the longest time

there from Dubro, but are heavy. There are some 8" from a Czech company that are a bit lighter but expensive.

Thanks Micheal.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 08:01 PM
I've installed the motor box, had to modify it a bit. It funny even if they recommend the Hacker a60XS motor and even show it in the instruction manual the holes aren't made for it as opposed to my Slick?

I'll be soldering the motor to the ESC next.

fbrunet1957
2014-02-23, 09:35 PM
I've installed the motor box, had to modify it a bit. It funny even if they recommend the Hacker a60XS motor and even show it in the instruction manual the holes aren't made for it as opposed to my Slick?

I'll be soldering the motor to the ESC next.

Hey, I thought this only happened with HK planes.
Building a Decathlon now and the recommended motor does not fit at all.

flybyfaith
2014-02-24, 12:44 PM
Had done the control horn and opened the windows before but now that I got my Thin CA I was able the install the Stab, I used epoxy for the Fin.

I will be using Robarts hinge instead of the ones they give for the Elev. & Rudder. On the Ailerons & flap they're already installed I might change them cause someone lost an Aileron on the BigFoot in the air.:eek:

BTW I ordered 5 min epoxy by mistake(already had a new set) If anyone needs some it's for sale(MEREPX5 5 Minute Epoxy 8oz $16.99).

I think it's more of a problem with the ca hinges when you run a gas engine, the vibration can get pretty bad.
The super sportster has the same problem with the ca hinges.
Check out this video and watch the control rod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f-nAsg14LvA

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-24, 08:16 PM
Yes I saw that first hand with Ray's first gasser, a Hangar 9 Cap 232 like I had, as he lost both ailerons in the air but was able to land the plane. So we put about twice the amount of CA hinges and they also started to break. So when I got mine I put Robarts and I think that's the last time a manufacturer put CA hinges in a gasser ARF.

I know my Bigfoot is electric so I don't get all that vibration damage but the Robarts move very easily compared to the original ones. If they hadn't already installed he ailerons and flap I would have put Robarts.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-24, 10:58 PM
I'm up to the point of installing the motor in the Bigfoot so since I don't have the link programmer yet I wanted to solder the motor wires properly for rotation. So I as did before with my other set-ups I temporarily solder the motor to the ESC then plug the lead to the throttle channel and plug a lipo but nothing happened. So I took off the red wire to be able to plug an external battery in the RX. So the RX works but no sign of life from the motor, no beeps

I sent this message to Lorne at Pro-Rc. Anybody else as an ideal what could be wrong?

beto9
2014-02-25, 10:25 AM
Kevin, I think you should really consult a Juju doctor soon to stop your bad luck with your purchases.
I am afraid to read your posts because it seems that you only have problems, problems and more problems with what you buy.
Maybe your name is out in the internet and the hobby shops know you and only send you crap supplies. Buy under another name.
I am sending you via Fedex a big supply of holy water and large Kleenex boxes. And on second thought I added a nice bottle of cognac.
This has to stop!

beto9
2014-02-25, 10:31 AM
Yes I saw that first hand with Ray's first gasser, a Hangar 9 Cap 232 like I had, as he lost both ailerons in the air but was able to land the plane. So we put about twice the amount of CA hinges and they also started to break. So when I got mine I put Robarts and I think that's the last time a manufacturer put CA hinges in a gasser ARF.

I know my Bigfoot is electric so I don't get all that vibration damage but the Robarts move very easily compared to the original ones. If they hadn't already installed he ailerons and flap I would have put Robarts.

CA hinges have the problem that if some CA remains in the hinge line (between both surfaces) they become hard and brittle and break. No more than two drops per side per surface is recommended but we all tend to put more "to be sure". And do the pull test.
Hobbyking has a special CA for hinges that remains flexible while adhering well to the wood.
But yes, in large planes the stress in the CA hinges is quite hard. They are ideal for small ones. I don't think is the engine vibration, rather the forces applied to the large ailerons or other surfaces while flying, specially 3D.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-27, 08:15 PM
Last night I did some test to see what was defective. So I hooked up the motor to the ESC of My Trex 550 and it work first shot. So it's the ESC that's DOA.

Waiting for an answer from Lorne to send it back for exchange.

Still have lots do on the plane anyways.

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-02, 09:00 PM
Well was busy on the Bigfoot this W-E. Working on the wings installing the lights, which I thought would be the tough part since it's not in the manual, I was wrong. The way they have you put the servos is very challenging I had to open up the aileron hatch hole some more to get my right angle screw driver inside there. I guess with Hex servo screw I could of gotten away with the original size, but I didn't have any.

Also while figuring the arm for the Flap servo the inner hinge just broke off:angry: I had to drill it out and replace it with a Robart. Actually I wish they hadn't installed the Aileron and Flap hinges o I could of put Robarts instead of the cheap one.

I like the quality of 3DHS planes but this aileron and flap servo mounting need an update, like two hatches and have the servos attached to them, much simpler to install.

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-03, 10:29 PM
Just got my USB Hacker link today and since I'm still waiting for an OK from Lorne to return the ESC I decided to retry and see if the link could do anything.

So 1st I just hooked up the ESC to the link, nothing else and it saw it but was not active so I put a lipo on the ESC and it could read the settings Hum so it's not dead. So I re soldered the motor and connected it to my RX but nothing happened. So I just try sending data from the link changing a few settings and low and behold it worked the motor armed:)

So finally something positive:bouncy:

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-09, 10:31 PM
So here's the progress. Finished installing the servos, BTW another hinge broke while installing the other flap so I decided to replace all 3 hinges on that side. I installed the motor(retested and it still works:)) I programmed the BEC for 6V. I also installed all the windows and landing lights lens and the cowl and the wing braces( I had to re bend and re drill to get it to fit). I also used some Dubro fuel plugs as door handle.

Will have to balance the plane before finalizing the batt.. placement.

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-15, 09:05 PM
Today I tested for balance. For Maiden they suggest 3.5" from the front of the leading edge of the wing. It makes it nose heavy which is ok for maiden. With the 6s Lipo I will be able to move that around to adjust it as I get used to it.

The plane came with nice decals but I'm not sure if I will put them on. The plane looks good as is, maybe the dog crest on the fin?

Sempai-mj
2014-03-15, 09:19 PM
6s let us call that brick!;)

RomanTheBanana
2014-03-15, 10:29 PM
If I was you, I would order right now a gas engine for that good lookin' plane, but thats just me. Nice bird!

xtopher
2014-03-15, 11:41 PM
BRAVO!...Good job.

P.S; I saw you got a cut on your hand...hope it was not a prop. and that it's nothing serious....

:)

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-15, 11:50 PM
BRAVO!...Good job.

P.S; I saw you got a cut on your hand...hope it was not a prop. and that it's nothing serious....

:)

Thanks Christopher :) it wasn't a cut more of a burn when I was pulling out my chicken brochettes out of the oven:eek:

BTW I was trying not to get it in the picture.

Burning Head
2014-03-16, 08:46 AM
Good job:) You still have time to put it on ski for his maiden ;)

Eladio
2014-03-16, 10:05 AM
Beautiful Kevin !
I agree with Richard , would be nice if this Damn cold leaves us alone !!:mad:

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-16, 08:38 PM
Today I worked on the lights and the servo switch for the landing lights. Now just have to figure out out to be able to have 2 switches control them. The gear switch as master but also the flap switch as slave. There is a Logic switch with AND, OR, EOR in the manual but can't find it in the menus?

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-22, 11:14 PM
A little bit of work tonight, put on the fin stickers. You have to put on first the white background then put on the black detail, dog and letters, not an easy task. You remove the paper back then stick it on the white part. The black marking are held by the front clear plastic. Once stuck on you remove it but the letter doesn't necessarily stay put you have to peel it back slowly and with a blade try to make sure the markings stays on, well anyway it's done.

BTW I've been trying to find a simple circuit to make the lights flash (Red & green wings nav) and a strobe on the fuse. Something more in the 555 chip without having to go to a PIC and programing. Anyone?

flybyfaith
2014-03-23, 06:49 AM
Hi Kevin good choice on the decals, acces electroniqe has a module for LED use just on off. They have a lot of LED stuff now.

Kevin Rochon
2014-03-23, 11:47 AM
Hi Kevin good choice on the decals, acces electroniqe has a module for LED use just on off. They have a lot of LED stuff now.

That's where I got my LEDs and sockets actually.

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-03, 08:28 PM
Last WE I decided to install the decals(sorry Shawn). Couldn't post I'm still having problems with my phone/Internet (Bell). They replaced the wires from the telephone pole up to my house and put new junction box inside my house but there is still a lot of noise on my line so hey have to replace the junction box on the telephone pole, it's old and corroded.

So here it is(I did use on to put on my AJ Slick Rudder).

Eladio
2014-04-04, 08:29 AM
Last WE I decided to install the decals(sorry Shawn). Couldn't post I'm still having problems with my phone/Internet (Bell). They replaced the wires from the telephone pole up to my house and put new junction box inside my house but there is still a lot of noise on my line so hey have to replace the junction box on the telephone pole, it's old and corroded.

So here it is(I did use on to put on my AJ Slick Rudder).

Welcome to the Club Kevin !!! :)
I had the exact same problem as you , except it lasted 9 month on an off .
Do you have Fibe TV with the 3 services ?
They changed the external and internal wires also .
One technician after another with there sophisticated equipment !!Trying to figure out way the line was clean but the noise was there and losing the internet and TV.
Believe it or not finally last week the supervisor got involved and told me that the synchronization in the central was not up to date with my services.
It's been 4 Days with Clean line , cross fingers !!
Bell infrastructure is falling a part, specially in Montreal !!
Good luck !!
Great job on the Big foot by the way :)

Shawn
2014-04-04, 06:53 PM
It looks awful with the decals Kevin. LOL.;)

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-04, 08:09 PM
It looks awful with the decals Kevin. LOL.;)

Thanks Shaw, I just put them on to piss you off:D

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-04, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the Club Kevin !!! :)
I had the exact same problem as you , except it lasted 9 month on an off .
Do you have Fibe TV with the 3 services ?
They changed the external and internal wires also .
One technician after another with there sophisticated equipment !!Trying to figure out way the line was clean but the noise was there and losing the internet and TV.
Believe it or not finally last week the supervisor got involved and told me that the synchronization in the central was not up to date with my services.
It's been 4 Days with Clean line , cross fingers !!
Bell infrastructure is falling a part, specially in Montreal !!
Good luck !!
Great job on the Big foot by the way :)

I'm glad you have your things fixed. Me I called Bell this morning and they said they came on the 1st but it was too big a job and were coming back today. So when I got home it sounds clean on the phone and so far so good on the internet. (I don't have Fibe just reg land line phone and internet)

Flying73
2014-04-04, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure their network is being strained with all the new Bell customers.

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-04, 11:10 PM
Internet is still on and off, will call them again tomorrow:rolleyes: for sure will ask for a discount on my monthly bill.

Eladio
2014-04-04, 11:57 PM
Internet is still on and off, will call them again tomorrow:rolleyes: for sure will ask for a discount on my monthly bill.

If it makes you fell better, I lost it to again . So i'm calling to !
And yes don't forget the Discount !!
I think you got it Tino !!

zorba
2014-04-05, 06:47 AM

The same here, no internet for 5 days.
Even second level support couldn't help. I am with Videotron now.

Bill

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-05, 07:50 PM
I wright this quickly internet was off all day now phone is dead but internet works, go figure same line:confused:

mdauth
2014-04-05, 07:59 PM
Isn't this a Big Foot thread???

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-06, 12:35 AM
Ya but it's just waiting for clement weather so we can digress.

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-07, 09:08 PM
The 4th guy from Bell has just left he had to make a few trip to the central(a few km from my house) but now all is ok.......for now. They had fixed it friday but the line broke.

Just watching TV it looks like we're staying in Canada.....

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again:D:D:D

flybyfaith
2014-04-08, 05:53 PM
:I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!:Dancing_ggrin:

Kevin Rochon
2014-04-27, 01:24 AM
Today I wanted to adjust the flaps more properly and I had a hard time plugin the Lipo to the ESC. I ended up reprogramming the whole model. Also I lengthen the wires so now it's easier to plug.

Kevin Rochon
2014-05-03, 04:26 PM
Well did the maiden today. The wind was a bit gusty and of course SW but all went OK. Did 2 flights(rain was coming) 1st just flew around to get to know it just had to add some elev. trim. All the flying surfaces are very efficient, of course it's a 3D airplane. I only flew at mid rate. On the 2nd flight I tried the flaps, definitely had to add some down elevevator might use a mix but if you prepare for it's ok.

BTW when I was packing up the wind was a bit more up and I was bringing them to the van and the fuse fell off the table, it landed on its side. Fortunately the wing tube was still there and it landed on one of the big wheel and that absorb most of the impact, no damage:yes:

This thread is almost over will just need to post when I get my flashing circuits(sorry Albert :p)

Ricardo
2014-05-03, 04:32 PM
Impressed on how large the ailerons and flaps are.. Really beautiful airplane. Congrats.

beto9
2014-05-03, 05:08 PM
All present were very happy to see it fly and so well with the nasty cross-wind!
Congrats Kevin, I am NOT closing the thread, you can post and blaaa blaaa as much as you want.
Next.... your heli... :angry::D:confused:

Sempai-mj
2014-05-03, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah the dog can fly! I want one!

dhamultun
2014-05-03, 10:22 PM
Congrats Kevin! Can't wait to see it fly!

Burning Head
2014-05-04, 01:41 PM
Me too, great job

flybyfaith
2014-05-04, 02:19 PM
Good to hear all went well Kevin. Can't wait to see it fly.

Kevin Rochon
2014-05-04, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys.

Today I programmed some down elevator mix in with the flaps, yesterday I water proofed the open bay area underneath where the air comes out to cool the ESCs. Waterproof glue mixed with water. If there is water on the runway it won't affect the balsa.

Sempai-mj
2014-05-04, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys.

Today I programmed some down elevator mix in with the flaps, yesterday I water proofed the open bay area underneath where the air comes out to cool the ESCs. Waterproof glue mixed with water. If there is water on the runway it won't affect the balsa.

Good point, there was a lot water yesterday

Kevin Rochon
2014-05-04, 10:47 PM
Also I will probably get/make floats for it.