PDA

View Full Version : power panel help

RomanTheBanana
2014-02-23, 02:27 PM
Hellow, I am searching for the right power panel for my field box. I have seen alot of different ones and not sure wich to chose. Some that really captured my attention were the polux power panel wth fuel pump and Ripmax power panel wth fuel pump. But they look kinda cheepish compared to some others like hangar 9 and hobbico panels. Can you guys tell me your experience with your panel and what you recommend. THanks!

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 03:44 PM
kiss method, use a portable batt glow ign. and a hand crank fuel pump and a chicken stick. With a well tune engine no problem, or even simpler go electric;)

RomanTheBanana
2014-02-23, 03:51 PM
yep, i have all that and no lol, i dont like electric. I have a 12v starter, 12v battery, e pump, a wire glow starter, and i wana conect it all with a panel.

Kevin Rochon
2014-02-23, 04:05 PM
A power panel is nothing more than a switch for the pump a ceramic resistor about 5w for the glow plug and a meter, they are all made in the republic you know, so take the cheapest. A Hangar 9 is around 27$.

briankizner
2014-02-23, 04:26 PM
I agree with Kevin. They are useful, though hardly essential. I have one (Hobbico) that's over twenty years old that I occasionally use to heat my glow plug if my portable igniter battery dies. If I have problems starting a motor, I plug an electric starter into it. I used to use it for an electric fuel pump but I now use a manual pump as I have found the electric pumps don't last as long as I'd like. The starter and electric fuel pump work equally well connected directly to the battery. The advantage of the power panel over a direct connection with an electric fuel pump is that the pump can be reversed with a switch to remove fuel from the tank, a bit simpler than changing the wires on the battery. It is also neater and quicker plugging banana plugs into a power panel than connecting alligator clips to a battery. If you want one, get the cheapest. It will do what you want for many years.

RomanTheBanana
2014-02-23, 05:34 PM
Ok, i will, thanks guys