PDA

View Full Version : DX 8 setup help

aaamedeus
2014-08-23, 12:14 PM
Hi guys

I am using the Ar7200bx with a gov sensor. My gov is on Aux3 and controlled by the f-mode switch. I am not sure how to program one of the switches on my DX8 to disable the gov and to fall back on the pre-set throttle curve settings.

MidnightHeli
2014-08-25, 01:47 AM
Try this.will need to assign a mix to an unused switch that will make the aux3 output sufficient to switch off the govenor (like negative 100%). Check on the dx8s monitor screen that your mix has the desired effect.
Or. Why use a governor if you plan to use the regular curve? Normally you would set FM governor, Normal position to a negative amount (0% does not always work depending on governor model) so in case the governor goes bad you just switch to normal. And use stunt 1 and 2 to the percentage required for the rpm you want to run at.

aaamedeus
2014-08-25, 04:43 PM
I guess I will program the normal as you say. I cant figure out how to do the mix.

MidnightHeli
2014-08-27, 06:27 AM
I guess I will program the normal as you say. I cant figure out how to do the mix.

Do you have the manual????

aaamedeus
2014-08-29, 07:24 AM
I have gone thru the manual. It explains how to change the settings it doesn't explain how entering rates work. I totally get it when they are referencing mixing throttle and aileron or rudder but not sure for my application.