PDA

View Full Version : Question about programming Turnigy 9X transmitter

MichaelLevy
2014-09-17, 07:45 PM
Hi all,
I have a Turnigy 9X (V2 Firmware) I and I am trying to program up elevator trim (pitch up) when I swing in my Starmax F-14 wings. I am using the 6 channel toggle switch to activate the swing wing in and out. Is one of you familiar with this radio and can help me with the programming steps ? Thanks.

segpie
2014-09-19, 03:00 PM
I don't have that transmitter, but if you do a search on YouTube you should find something close enough to help you out?
Example below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMDW0TDIZc

MichaelLevy
2014-09-19, 09:02 PM
I don't have that transmitter, but if you do a search on YouTube you should find something close enough to help you out?
Example below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMDW0TDIZc

Thanks! This is a great tutorial! I remember the days when this hobby was all about flying model airplanes..

segpie
2014-09-20, 08:28 PM
Yes, I agree 100% and once you get the 'theory' of programming behind these radios they permit us to do things we couldn't do before. I'll have to admit that YouTube really helped me to understand my Taranis and I'm thrilled with it. Good luck, and glad to have been of help. Happy flying!

MichaelLevy
2014-09-20, 08:53 PM
Thanks Pierre. Your Youtube tutorial was very helpful in understanding the basics. It led me to another one and then another one. Finally, I made some sense out of it and figured it all out. The manual instructions written in Chinglish are not helpful at all. Here is how they describle the mixing process: "Mix purpose to accuse of form to get rid of little mistake of organism, make it is it can take the heart even more to have not to handle. The very wanton one mixes accusing of among the channels" WHAT???

To make matters worse, the display screen on the transmitter indicates a GYR channel ?? I eventually figured it was Gear.., not GYR. Once figured out, I mixed this channel to the elevator and that was it!

segpie
2014-09-24, 07:22 AM
Doesn't it 'feel good' when you've figured something out. Yeah, I laughed at the 'chinglish' too because some of those translations (I hear they use Google translate) leave a lot to be desired! Ha, ha. You also deserve some recognition also for figuring out that 'GYR' actually meant' GEAR', good for you! Really glad to have been of help, but YouTube deserves the kudos. Take care and happy flying. :)