PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Hut on Lake of Two Mountains

bob forest
2008-01-24, 04:01 PM
I dropped in to see the owner today. He has lost quiet a few of his cabins. He has only a few of the large ones left. He suggested, that we rent by the day and it might end up costing us less.
For a day it is 50 dollars and that includes one car pass. the cass pass for the day is 4 dollars, so if we are 5 of us would cost us about 13 dollars for the day.
If anyone is interested to let me know. He has the smaller cabins for 40 dollars, so that would be enough if we are only 3 or four of us. still pretty cheap to have a nice day on the lake with a heated cabin. He would prefer week days as the weekends get pretty busy, plus I think it is safer for us on to do it during the week.

I know some of you have shown interest, so if so please let me know.
Bob

beto9
2008-01-25, 04:57 PM
With the cold, windy and snowy winter we are having I think is better to rent by the day....
We should create a "Roll call" for the next ocassion we feel it will be a good idea to go to the lake and see how many takers are there. Agree that 4 or 5 people is economically feasible. We should also asses if WIMAC is still a good option...

bob forest
2008-01-25, 05:25 PM
I think WIMAC for weekends, and lake during the week, if we get enough people; if not, we go to WIMAC.
Be nice to have a few days on the lake, where we can warm up after a flight and tell stories. But when we rent the Hut, and if someone does not want in, then shows up at the lake and wants to use the hut to warm up, he will have to pay his share, no matter what. We will not be the ones paying for free loaders to enjoy the beneits of the hut when we have it.
If we get 3 or 4 then the small hut will do. if more than 5 then the larger hut.

beto9
2008-01-25, 05:28 PM
...however... to warm it up.... somebody has to bring combustible material... maybe your Stearman?
Hey! Your idea of the Toledo show was good... lets explore it!

bob forest
2008-01-25, 08:23 PM
Re the hut for the day, I think the wood is included for the stove.l

bob forest
2008-01-25, 10:20 PM
These pics were taken two years ago, 2006. As you can see Albert looks much younger. That was a pic of our condo. Just good old memories. Me doing a low pass with the Stearman. Also you will notice that the dress code is very strick. Especially the boots.

beto9
2008-01-26, 09:36 AM
Yep... if it was 2 years ago then I look 10 years younger!