2014-10-19, 08:10 PM
With the cold comes back the last season of Ice Pilots Wed. 29th @ 10PM

New season this month?

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-19, 10:40 PM
Yes this Wednesday.

mdauth
2014-10-20, 06:25 AM
You should watch "AirPlane Repo" guy's that repossesses planes for the banks, it's on tonight and should be a good one.

Flying73
2014-10-20, 11:37 AM
Too bad it's the last season for Ice Pilots. Airplane Repo is a really cool show. Those guys REALLY like to live with lots of adventure.

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-20, 07:40 PM
Yes I like repo also but I think it's mostly setup, but also I don't understand if they're not paying the banks those repo guys should just be able and pick the plane, I mean they have the law on their side, no?

mdauth
2014-10-20, 07:54 PM
Yes I like repo also but I think it's mostly setup, but also I don't understand if they're not paying the banks those repo guys should just be able and pick the plane, I mean they have the law on their side, no?

It is a bit much but it makes good tv to watch!!!! I can picture a crew of cameramen sneaking on airport grounds and not being noticed.

Flying73
2014-10-21, 10:54 AM
Yes a lot is staged. There is even a notice written at the end of the show stating some of the footage is "created" for tv.

beto9
2014-10-21, 11:33 AM
A lot...???? A large crew follows anyone of those "reality" shows. They have to set up the cameras, the lighting, the takes.. and have re-takes if they don't come out OK. And the actors(!) are all very good at expressing themselves, no hesitation on what they say... Have anyone seen a "bad" scene?
I do not understand the popularity of that type of shows... might as well categorize them as "sitcoms" or "TV dramas".

mdauth
2014-10-21, 01:11 PM
A lot...???? A large crew follows anyone of those "reality" shows. They have to set up the cameras, the lighting, the takes.. and have re-takes if they don't come out OK. And the actors(!) are all very good at expressing themselves, no hesitation on what they say... Have anyone seen a "bad" scene?
I do not understand the popularity of that type of shows... might as well categorize them as "sitcoms" or "TV dramas".

Albert, what else do you want watch on TV when there is no hockey, Dancing with the stars??? at lease we see some planes and a bit of action!!!

beto9
2014-10-21, 01:36 PM
Few good shows on TV... the bigger the screen the worst they are!

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-21, 08:11 PM
that's why I keep my old(25 years) 29" tube TV, PBS always look good.;)

Kevin Rochon
2014-12-17, 11:14 PM
Tonight was the final episode. They had some paratroopers jumping out of one of the DC-3 from Buffalo Airways that was actually used in D day.

If you mist it it's on Thursday at 7 PM or Saturday 8 PM.

dhamultun
2014-12-18, 09:39 AM
Kevin...nothing beats over the air (antenna) HD from PBS on my 40" plasma. I cut the cord a couple of years ago and mostly stream my content via Netflix etc! YouTube has great stuff also! Try these samplers... http://www.theaviators.tv/season-sampler/?utm_source=Pre-Xmas+Dec.+12%2C+2014&utm_campaign=Aviators+Update+List&utm_medium=email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Rochon
2014-12-18, 08:05 PM
Hey David I downloaded a couple of videos from them. BTW I cut the cord also quite a few years ago but they cut my bill but forgot the cable:D:D Shut:oops: