PDA

View Full Version : Indoor season .... getting ready?

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-29, 11:01 PM
To get ready for the indoor season coming soon I made a little order at GH. Will show you when I get it friday or monday.;)

Eladio
2014-10-29, 11:59 PM
Scale or 3d ????
Heli maybe ??
:rolleyes:

xtopher
2014-10-30, 12:26 AM
to reply you Eladio , with precision;

it's something that will fly ;)

oh boy, Kevin got you!You fell in his suspense trap !

Burning Head
2014-10-30, 08:44 AM
My deduction...the Extra 330 de GP:)

Sempai-mj
2014-10-30, 11:32 AM
To get ready for the indoor season coming soon I made a little order at GH. Will show you when I get it friday or monday.;)

The little foot?

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-30, 08:07 PM
Will it fly?....what a question Christopher:rolleyes:

One of the 2 choices of Eladio?

Small feet hummm?

This is fun:D

BTW my orders left today, 2nd Bigfoot cowl from ProRc and the other order from GH.

xtopher
2014-10-31, 04:18 PM
is it a micro ''big''-foot :D

Kevin Rochon
2014-10-31, 07:00 PM
No not a micro Bigfoot;) So you'll have to be guessing till Monday PM.

beto9
2014-11-01, 09:54 AM
No not a micro Bigfoot;) So you'll have to be guessing till Monday PM.

Thank god! Otherwise we will have another rebuild page!

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-03, 06:11 PM
Well here it is feast your eyes:D

Oh in case you're wondering the small box is the new cowl for the Bigfoot;)

Sempai-mj
2014-11-03, 08:29 PM
Well here it is feast your eyes:D

Oh in case you're wondering the small box is the new cowl for the Bigfoot;)

Ok the suspense is killing me, a chopper or a plane, the cowl can't fly indoors.:confused:

Burning Head
2014-11-03, 08:44 PM
Il y a plus grand choix comme indoor depron planes chez GH...je penche plus pour un mini quad/chopper

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-03, 09:46 PM
You guys didn't look at my signature at the bottom it was right there:D

ok ok I don't want any death on my conscience;) I've gone to the dark side with a Spektrum DXI6 TX and a Nano CPX. Yes Michel I got a new one:rolleyes:. A used one is 100$ + shipping and a new is 150 TX only, but I got a surprise they gave me a AR610 RX N/C. I got the brushless upgrade option I will install it later on. I got a paraboard to charge all the lipos, also got some glue (the Sig Bond like you mentioned Dan) Some 1/16" balsa and UltraCote black for the Bigfoot.

I was first looking at a 130X but when I started look at videos of this little guy I figured that's the one I want. I can fly it at the indoor of course but also at home(I already did) I can crash I dont know how many times without braking it(already did). That was on the first take off. I see you have to not take too long to lift it up then it's very stable. Of course in stunt mode(Idle UP) you can land it on the ceiling(that's for later;))

Now for the plane part of the indoor, I know I have the Symetric, but now for convenience I think I will get the UMX Extra 300 or the beast I'm not decided yet but I think it will be the Extra.

I've seen it at the indoor and it flies great, anyone have seen the Beast if it flies as good?

Eladio
2014-11-03, 11:07 PM
That's a lot of toys before Christmas !!:)
I got the UMX 300, but for sure i wont fly it like you he he !!:D

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-04, 07:25 PM
It's a lot of fun flying it, it will really sharpen my reflexes.

I think I will get the Extra because I can fly it at home also(well hover)........and ....maybe the Beast later:rolleyes:

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-05, 08:59 PM
Well I did it ordered the Extra last night. Got a phone call this morning from GH saying they made a mistake about the price($154.99) on there web site, well in my mind I went OH NO but it was a OH YES it is now $114.99:cool:

So If others are interested to get ready I guess it's the right time, I think they have 4 more in stock....hurry:eek:

Eladio
2014-11-05, 09:24 PM
Well I did it ordered the Extra last night. Got a phone call this morning from GH saying they made a mistake about the price($154.99) on there web site, well in my mind I went OH NO but it was a OH YES it is now $114.99:cool:

So If others are interested to get ready I guess it's the right time, I think they have 4 more in stock....hurry:eek:

Hey Kevin send me the link for your extra 300 because i don't think is the same one as the one I got :confused:
I paid $ 105 at Distribution ??

Eladio
2014-11-06, 07:09 AM
Hey Kevin send me the link for your extra 300 because i don't think is the same one as the one I got :confused:
I paid $ 105 at Distribution ??

Sorry my mistake , it comes to same thing.
By the way , thanks for " 123 Compute " nice guy !!
Got my self a nice power supply for $10. Couple of solders and got my 12V.

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-06, 07:59 PM
Sorry my mistake , it comes to same thing.
By the way , thanks for " 123 Compute " nice guy !!
Got my self a nice power supply for $10. Couple of solders and got my 12V.

Glad you got your PS Eladio, for the Extra I guess you forgot about the PST 10%.

antoine zabal
2014-11-07, 07:32 AM
Kevin, can you please post the link for the paraboard, I cannot find it on the GH site

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-07, 07:27 PM
I found it just by typing "parallel", here it is:

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=TGHXCHGUM6

BTW I got my Extra today I peak at work but will open the box in a few minutes will post pictures.

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-07, 10:35 PM
Ok everything is bound and programmed, but didn't fly the plan yet. I had to use DSMX2 only to be able to bind the Extra. If I use the hover assist maybe I'll try it but I would have to catch it after don't want to damage it right away:eek:

So ready for the indoor ...CPX + Extra + Symmetric.

Eladio
2014-11-07, 10:50 PM
Ok everything is bound and programmed, but didn't fly the plan yet. I had to use DSMX2 only to be able to bind the Extra. If I use the hover assist maybe I'll try it but I would have to catch it after don't want to damage it right away:eek:

So ready for the indoor ...CPX + Extra + Symmetric.

Me to !! I'm waiting for indoor !!:D

antoine zabal
2014-11-08, 07:22 AM
Thank you Kevin. by the way, you could fly indoor at Cobourg next weekend. There is an indoor competition as well as a fun fly. Indoor free flying from 6 pm to 10 pm. but admission to funfly is $10.

130 by 100 foot double gym with 30 foot ceiling
Cobourg Community Center
750 D’Arcy St
Cobourg, ON K9A 4B4
The only problem is 4 hour drive

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-08, 11:22 AM
Well yes it's a bit far I think I'll be patient and wait for our own, anyways I can fly in my basement with the CPX, having a blast.

mdauth
2014-11-08, 01:37 PM
How is Kevin?? Any inverted flying in the basement??

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-08, 02:28 PM
Kevin's good; how's Michel?...no inverted yet just trying to hover and go around and not crashing too much...it's a pretty resilient little beast I must say, more than me, it hit me last night(I won't say where this is a PG post) but it hurt like hell:eek:

As long as you hit that Throttle hold SW you don't damage that motor, plus I got carpet on the floor so it softens the blow.

mdauth
2014-11-08, 03:47 PM
On tapatalk and couldn't figure out how to edit the post.

Kevin's good; how's Michel?...no inverted yet just trying to hover and go around and not crashing too much...it's a pretty resilient little beast I must say, more than me, it hit me last night(I won't say where this is a PG post) but it hurt like hell:eek:

As long as you hit that Throttle hold SW you don't damage that motor, plus I got carpet on the floor so it softens the blow.

zorba
2014-11-08, 04:18 PM
What about the walls?:rolleyes:

Xavier
2014-11-08, 10:42 PM
If you can't wait, there is indoor in Laval on Friday nights organized by Distribution aux Modelistes. I didn't resist the last 3 weeks :-)

Below is an email I received:

The new indoor flying season has already arrived and there will be new cool stuff happening :
21 consecutive weeks starting this Friday October 17, 2014.
From 9pm to 10pm : simple gymnasium (but honestly very big) and from 10pm to 12pm : double gymnasium!!!

Pricing :
Season : 200$ plus taxes to pay at the store
At the door : 15$ taxes included cash only
Free for visitors.

Schedule :
Each Friday night from 9pm to 12pm starting October 17, 2014 up to march 6, 2015 inclusively.

Where:
Complexe Multi-Sports
955 Avenue Bois de Boulogne, Laval, H7N4G1
Go down the stairs and up to the end of the corridor. Enter in the gymnasium by the last door on your right.

Who can participate :
Everybody. Planes, helicopters (mini : 450 or less), multirotors.
Very soon : drift cars...! A new email will be sent out.

For all your concerns, communicate with us : 450-687-6214 or distmod@videotron.ca

Everybody is welcome and Have Fun!!!

Distribution aux Modélistes

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-09, 02:31 PM
Is the smaller size the same as Charlemagne(not the big one the regular one)?

I just hovered my Extra in the basement, I put it in hover assist(I think I got it right) seems I'm doing most of the work but it's fine. Did a few soft crashes(unglued one of the wheel pants so took off the other one it's going to happen eventually:D) I can catch it in flight. It's pretty strong but the carpet helps to save that prop(I have spare ones:rolleyes:).

Eladio
2014-11-09, 04:28 PM
Is the smaller size the same as Charlemagne(not the big one the regular one)?

I just hovered my Extra in the basement, I put it in hover assist(I think I got it right) seems I'm doing most of the work but it's fine. Did a few soft crashes(unglued one of the wheel pants so took off the other one it's going to happen eventually:D) I can catch it in flight. It's pretty strong but the carpet helps to save that prop(I have spare ones:rolleyes:).in

you couldn't resist :D
how come you hat to do almost. All the work?
The guy on the video review holds the radio in the air
and the plane hovers on it's own :confused:
you sure the mode is set ?
Good thing I didn't try it yet :eek:

Xavier
2014-11-09, 05:15 PM
Changing the mode is a little bizzar. There is no light or sound telling you what mode you are in. I have mine since February and I still don't know what mode it is in. I haven't found a way to check.

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-09, 08:16 PM
Since I only have a 2 pos. SW so I have 2 modes. I try there method of the TX stick but it doesn't seem to work but when I use the gear SW while holding the plane I put full throttle then back to zero and it seem to change mode. With SW to 0 I get general flight which is only leveling of the position and in gear SW pos. 2 it is hovering. Just by holding the plane and moving it I see a difference, in hovering there is more Elv and Rudder correction it seems.

But Xavier you didn't answer the question about the size of the gym or half, also is there a lot of people going?

Xavier
2014-11-10, 07:32 AM
The full gym is about the size of the large one in Charlemagne. The first hour is 2/3 of it. There is mainly helicopters there but I managed plenty of flying.

mdauth
2014-11-13, 09:53 AM
Anyone planning on going this Friday???

If you can't wait, there is indoor in Laval on Friday nights organized by Distribution aux Modelistes. I didn't resist the last 3 weeks :-)

Below is an email I received:

The new indoor flying season has already arrived and there will be new cool stuff happening :
21 consecutive weeks starting this Friday October 17, 2014.
From 9pm to 10pm : simple gymnasium (but honestly very big) and from 10pm to 12pm : double gymnasium!!!

Pricing :
Season : 200$ plus taxes to pay at the store
At the door : 15$ taxes included cash only
Free for visitors.

Schedule :
Each Friday night from 9pm to 12pm starting October 17, 2014 up to march 6, 2015 inclusively.

Where:
Complexe Multi-Sports
955 Avenue Bois de Boulogne, Laval, H7N4G1
Go down the stairs and up to the end of the corridor. Enter in the gymnasium by the last door on your right.

Who can participate :
Everybody. Planes, helicopters (mini : 450 or less), multirotors.
Very soon : drift cars...! A new email will be sent out.

For all your concerns, communicate with us : 450-687-6214 or distmod@videotron.ca

Everybody is welcome and Have Fun!!!

Distribution aux Modélistes

Xavier
2014-11-13, 07:15 PM
I'll be in Cobourg this weekend for practice on Friday night and the contest on Saturday. I may go next Friday in Laval.

antoine zabal
2014-11-13, 09:01 PM
I was planning to go to Cobourg to watch the competition. Unfortunately cannot go. So I will go on Friday night to Laval.

Burning Head
2014-11-13, 09:37 PM
Je ne savais pas que Distribution aux modelistes s'impliquait dans ses soirées, +1 Mike:cool:. Bonne pratique et compétision Xavier:)

Kevin Rochon
2014-11-13, 11:20 PM
I wasn't sure but not this Friday (check the Bigfoot thread for why).