PDA

View Full Version : New Year 2015

fbrunet1957
2014-12-31, 10:56 AM
Happy New Year to every one. Health, well-being and smooth landings.:cool:

For 2015, I made the resolution of adding at least two planes to my hanger.
They will be electric. I know... booooooo.:o
From Great Planes;
Christen Eagle 46 and Cirrus SR-22

Lock my choice for the by-plan but not the civilian plane.:rolleyes:
I find the kit a bit expensive.
69" wing span, could be EPO, any suggestion?

Welcome Raymond. It was nice meeting you last Monday.

Kevin Rochon
2014-12-31, 11:18 AM
Happy New year to you and all! Best wishes for a healthy prosperous and peaceful year that will have the same amount of good take offs and landings!

Hey François I love that Christen Eagle, I had 2 1/3 scale, first one a Byron Original all foam plane with a Quadra 52, sold that one after it was completed, 2nd a Great planes flew that one but one day the batteries came undone in flight, it spiraled to it's demise, it was painful as it took forever to reach its ultimate faith:no:

P.S. for the 2nd kit a RV 4 is probably cheaper?

fbrunet1957
2014-12-31, 11:31 AM
Happy New year to you and all! Best wishes for a healthy prosperous and peaceful year that will have the same amount of good take offs and landings!

Hey François I love that Christen Eagle, I had 2 1/3 scale, first one a Byron Original all foam plane with a Quadra 52, sold that one after it was completed, 2nd a Great planes flew that one but one day the batteries came undone in flight, it spiraled to it's demise, it was painful as it took forever to reach its ultimate faith:no:

P.S. for the 2nd kit a RV 4 is probably cheaper?

The RV 4 is a kit. I am looking for ARF. Not that good builder yet.
I had that RV4 before with .46 glow. Got it from Paul. I lost it and it is still missing.

Kevin Rochon
2014-12-31, 06:39 PM
There seems to be only the GP Cirrus and the bigger one from H9 in ARF?

BTW to become a good builder you have to build, "c'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron";)

Kevin Rochon
2014-12-31, 06:53 PM
How about this Cherokee François, I see you want low wing trike gear sport scale?

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1033.html

fbrunet1957
2015-01-01, 11:13 AM
Yes I had that one too. Sad ending.
But I would like bigger. 60"WS or more.

Kevin Rochon
2015-01-01, 11:51 AM
Did a bit of searching and there is not much in low wing at that wing span and at a low price but there is some Cessna types though.

So you might have to brake that piggy bank:D