PDA

View Full Version : 9xr / 9xr pro buddy box

xtopher
2015-08-24, 01:08 AM
Can someone please tell if I want to use two turnigy 9xr as buddybox, do I need to have for BOTH the module. ? Or I can have one with it and the other tx :rolleyes:empty and use the trainer cable.?

BTW does anyone have one to sell .

Hyper
2015-08-25, 12:16 AM
You need only one module on the trainer sender and one stereo cable between the trainer sender and the buddy box

GleM
2015-08-25, 12:18 AM
Can someone please tell if I want to use two turnigy 9xr as buddybox, do I need to have for BOTH the module. ? Or I can have one with it and the other tx :rolleyes:empty and use the trainer cable.?

You don't need a transmission module in the buddy box (I just did a quick test with my buddybox loaded with the OpenTX firmware just to make sure). However, if you don't have at least a dummy cover instead of the module, you may accidentally bend one of the pins on the back of the radio.

GleM
2015-08-25, 12:25 AM
Sorry for the redundant answer. Daniel just posted at about the same time.

xtopher
2015-08-25, 06:14 PM
Thank you guys for helping. .may I add. .with a frsky module on a 9xr pro. ..I saw hobbyking sell the unit to connect to your module to have telemetry on screen. ..is that it for having the vocal telemetry as well or do I need something else. .?

GleM
2015-08-25, 06:43 PM
Thank you guys for helping. .may I add. .with a frsky module on a 9xr pro. ..I saw hobbyking sell the unit to connect to your module to have telemetry on screen. ..is that it for having the vocal telemetry as well or do I need something else. .?

You need 3 things:
- 9XR Pro
- FrSky Module (with telemetry connector)
- Special cable to connect the telemetry module output to the radio. (http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__58503__Frsky_Telemetry_Head_Track_Module_Extent_ Cable_for_9XR_Pro.html)

Marc (bluebird_ca) had a 9XR PRO working with OpenTX and audible telemetry alerts. You need to copy the required voice files to the sd card. However, as i recall, the speaker volume was very low on the 9XR Pro as compared to the Taranis. I think he connected an external amplified speaker to correct the problem.