PDA

View Full Version : Tile app

Sempai-mj
2015-09-20, 09:17 AM
After Tarek showed me how the tile app works I order 4 tiles.
I think it's a well thought out device and app.

nitrouspete
2015-09-20, 10:31 AM
Mike, the more members that have the application, the easier it will be to find any lost model in our surroundings.

zorba
2015-09-20, 11:18 AM
How far does bluetooth is good for?
I don't think bluetooth goes very far. Unless you are right next to it
So is only good for 100feet
great idea though

zorba
2015-09-20, 11:25 AM
Mike, the more members that have the application, the easier it will be to find any lost model in our surroundings.

You are right Peter but you need to have data on your phone in order to use the location function.
And the app has to run in the background at all times.

zorba
2015-09-20, 11:42 AM
After Tarek showed me how the tile app works I order 4 tiles.
I think it's a well thought out device and app.

You better go and read the feedback that people give. If you fly in your back yard is fine. Apparently the range sucks. The beeper that Tarek uses on his quads is much louder than this thing.

nitrouspete
2015-09-20, 12:20 PM
Hi Billy,

It's cheap.

Sempai-mj
2015-09-20, 04:43 PM
Billy if three people with app running, if they spread out 100 feet apart that gives 300 feet. If the non owner's app locates the tile it will email the owner where the tile is, the non- owner would not know they located it.
Add an app add 100 feet and so on......:)

zorba
2015-09-20, 05:42 PM
Guys I'm not putting the product down as I can't judge it but according to the feed back on their site it sounds bad.
And I agree that if a few people install the app and spread out they will find it. But how many people have a phone that has unlimited data so you can have the app running in the background.
I for sure would not want to keep my data running if I am limited to a certain gb usage per month.
I would rather use the beeper that Tarek has with the RSSI telemetry location.
Also some people complaint that the beeper is not loud enough to hear it unless is pretty quite.

beto9
2015-09-20, 07:22 PM
Ah... choices, choices, choices!!!!
How about NOT loosing the aircraft?

Sempai-mj
2015-09-20, 07:38 PM
Good point don't lose the aircraft, but an hour of data won't hurt.

ChrisPol
2015-09-20, 09:39 PM
Saturday I had to locate my sons plane in a corn field, simply using the rssi pointed to the location, without that it would have taken quite a while.

Andrew Fernie
2015-09-20, 11:02 PM
Saturday I had to locate my sons plane in a corn field, simply using the rssi pointed to the location, without that it would have taken quite a while.
Taranis, right? I think that feature is going to recover many machines.

ChrisPol
2015-09-21, 08:48 AM
Taranis, right? I think that feature is going to recover many machines.

Yes, It's the first time i tried it, i was searching then remember reading a post about using the rssi, se went back to get the radio and basically it worked just like a compass, walked along the corn until i hit the max rssi about 20'in the plane was 5 foot from where i had stopped.

zorba
2015-09-21, 06:13 PM
That's what I'm talking about Taranis works