PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the hobby

Hector
2015-10-24, 02:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a new member at WIMAC. I am returning to the hobby after a long pause of 22+ years.

I will need to re-gain my wings. I will re-start slowly, at the beginning I will be flying park flyers and small planes. Currently I have a Parkzone T28 all set and ready to fly.

When the time and space allow it, I will be flying old 70s classics.

Cheers

Hector Parra

MidnightHeli
2015-10-24, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the club.

Burning Head
2015-10-24, 11:36 AM
:)Bienvenue/welcome back to the hobby

Kevin Rochon
2015-10-24, 12:28 PM
Welcome back to the hobby and the Club.

Sempai-mj
2015-10-24, 02:32 PM
Welcome back, you didn't get reuse your original MAAC #

Hector
2015-10-25, 07:11 PM
Thank you all,

Michael, I didn't have a MAAC number. In my original country Venezuela, we didn't have an official association or national register.

I flow Saturday with Robert's help. On the third fly I lost completely radio signal. Crash is not bad, but I need to order some pieces.
Motor was completely burned. ESC appears to be fine. I am not sure why a burned motor caused lost of radio... but that will not keep me long from flying.

Cheers

Sempai-mj
2015-10-25, 07:44 PM
Thank you all,

Michael, I didn't have a MAAC number. In my original country Venezuela, we didn't have an official association or national register.

I flow Saturday with Robert's help. On the third fly I lost completely radio signal. Crash is not bad, but I need to order some pieces.
Motor was completely burned. ESC appears to be fine. I am not sure why a burned motor caused lost of radio... but that will not keep me long from flying.

Cheers

You may have lost radio contact due to motor draining the power.

xtopher
2015-10-26, 02:28 AM
I saw you flying Hector. ..you don't seem to have ever left the hobby.

Passing the test is just a formality I would say ..I would advise you to learn the basics ...and get disciplined first. ..that's all you need to learn anyway to get back in the air on your own at wimac.

Good luck

Hector
2015-10-26, 09:30 AM
I saw you flying Hector. ..you don't seem to have ever left the hobby.

Passing the test is just a formality I would say ..I would advise you to learn the basics ...and get disciplined first. ..that's all you need to learn anyway to get back in the air on your own at wimac.

Good luck

Hi Christopher! Thank you for all your help. Very appreciated! :)
Yes, flying is like the bicycle, you might get rusted but you won't lose it. Now I need to fix the plane and practice, practice, practice. :D