PDA

View Full Version : For Dan re Astro Hog

bob forest
2015-11-23, 08:57 AM
Dan, this was my Astro Hog back in 1968. my son was about 2 years old then, this was taken in London Ont, at the Forest City Flyers flying field. I flew this on a 10 channel F&M Reed radio. If I remember I had a Super Tiger engine in it. Back then this was considered a huge plane.

bob forest
2015-11-23, 09:12 AM
For those that do not know what a reed radio looks like here it is back in 1965. I was testing for a manufacturer a Fiberglass Fuse for a Senior Falcon, it flew OK, but not like the lighter balsa one. The Senior Falcon back then was the most popular plane around. This was also taken in London Ontario at a competition.. I use to work for the 3M company and that is where their head Offices were. If you notice I have not changed, for those that want to know how I did it, I sell youth pills. some say they work and some say they don't. Most of the guys I see say they don't based on seeing me.

Kevin Rochon
2015-11-23, 08:00 PM
Hum you had the club in your name...nice!

BTW my first plane that I built and flew was a Goldberg Falcon JR. w/ K&B .40 and Futaba 7CH gold, actually my 1st radio was a Isotronic 7ch Canadian made but was crap.

mitea_dan
2015-11-23, 09:13 PM
Je vous remercie, mes amis.

bob forest
2015-11-24, 08:31 AM
Kevin, London Ontario is called the Forest City due to all the trees in that city. It was not named after me, but when I went to the IMAC competition with Ray about 8 years ago, I told him that it was, and that they were putting up a Bronze statue of me, and that is why I am there. We had a good laugh about it. It is a very old RC club and they have a bunch of good guys as members. They even had a Licence plate frame with their club logo on it, the year we went down. When I get a chance I will take a picture of it and post it. Maybe a good idea for WIMAC.