PDA

View Full Version : New Member

rhoude57
2016-01-06, 11:56 PM
Hi All,

I finally found an excuse to satisfy an adolescent fancy and jumped in by acquiring a 3D Robotics X8+ Octocopter Drone.
https://store.3drobotics.com/products/x8-plus

I am an Aerospace Systems/Software Analyst with 35 years of experience working and living in St-Laurent.

I picked the 3DR X8+ because of its Open Source roots which will allow me to tinker with the drone's programming. I am just completing assembling the drone and doing static ground runs to ensure everything is functional.

I am looking forward to joining you all at events and on the discussion forums. If all goes well, I plan to come out to see some indoor flying at Charlemagne and perhaps squeexe in some X8+ introductory flying.

Cheers,
Ronald

Andrew Fernie
2016-01-07, 07:06 PM
Previously at CAE for a period of time? The name looks familiar.
Andrew

rhoude57
2016-01-07, 08:42 PM
Previously at CAE for a period of time? The name looks familiar.
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I saw your name in one of the discussions and figured it had to be you! Yup, it the me the guy who worked at CAE from 2002 to 2008.

I am now a consultant in Avionics Systems Engineering with Mannarino Systems and Software and I have been on a consulting mandate with the Flight Management Systems group at CMC Electronics for 3 years now.

What do you fly nowadays, RC-wize, that is... :)

Ronald

Andrew Fernie
2016-01-07, 09:24 PM
Most of my recent flying has been multicopters or airplanes with flight controllers and FPV capabilities. Occasionally standard airplanes and helicopters. So many options, so little time...

Andrew

rhoude57
2016-01-07, 11:07 PM
Most of my recent flying has been multicopters or airplanes with flight controllers and FPV capabilities. Occasionally standard airplanes and helicopters. So many options, so little time...

Andrew

I just finished assembling my 3D Robotics X8+ octocopter drone with the Tarot 2DOF Gimbal, Hero3 GoPro camera and a Liveview FPV Kit.

We'll have to get together sometimes to check out our respective birds.

Cheers,
Ron