PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction

Aleksandr
2016-01-27, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Aleksandr Dekhter.
I'm a new member at the club and I would need some help to relearn how to fly RC planes. Last time I've flown the plane, is over 30 years.
I would like to ask for a trainer. How is it going to work? There are specific names or the club offer people they know?

Thank you and best regards in 2016

Sempai-mj
2016-01-27, 03:51 PM
Welcome Aleksandr,

You can see who are the instructors under the Members Menus then Club Members List.
or click this link
http://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=clubmem

The best way to get an instructor is to announce the Date & Time when you are going to the field and ask if an instructor will be there, usually there is.

By the way, do you have skis for your plane?

Burning Head
2016-01-27, 04:57 PM
Bienvenue/Welcome, We could help you to regain most of your flying skills but we need to know a bit more info as... what is your radio transmiter brand you are using ( Spektrum,JR, Futaba etc ) . And what power is use in your training plane nitro, gas or lipo battery:)

fbrunet1957
2016-01-28, 07:35 AM
Welcome Alex.

So glad you decided to join. Don't hesistate to call me for any help.
First thing to do is to join MAAC so you will be allowed to fly at WIMAC.
MAAC takes care of insurance.

Looking forward to see you at the club.

Aleksandr
2016-01-29, 09:28 AM
Thank you to welcome me in to the club.
I bought an electrical E-flight ApprenticeĀ® S 15e RTF with SAFEĀ® Technology (EFL3100). I think it will be perfect for learning. It has already a 5 Chanel transmitter. Can't wait for the early spring.
Yes Francois, I'm very glad to be in the same club with you.

beto9
2016-01-29, 11:04 AM
Unless you dislike the cold you could come to the field during winter and fly. You will need skis.
And you will most likely find an instructor on Saturdays and Sundays.
Just check the roll call to see who is going.
Also I would recommend to buy an extra battery or your visits to the field will be "one flight visits". You charge the first while you use the second.
I was reading about the "SAFE" technology... seems OK.
I don't know the transmitter brand that comes with the plane. Please post it to see if we already have buddy boxes for it.
Also, since your plane is quite light you have to choose days with little wind: not more than 10 Km/h
Good luck!

Aleksandr
2016-01-30, 07:01 AM
Thank you.
The transmitter, that come with the plane, is Spectrum DX5e.
This plane don't have skies so I'll have to wait for dry surface.

Burning Head
2016-01-30, 07:24 AM
https://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=DUB826 and https://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=DUB825. I have a use set of main sky for sale $10 for both. I know...this hobby is expensif the first season but if you look at long therme, you will enjoy for many years:) The DX5 is a basic radio transmiter with no options as the Dual rate, expo and few others.. My suggestion for later...the DX6 new generation

Sempai-mj
2016-01-30, 08:11 AM
You can also go to Ted's Hobby Store in Pointe Claire they have the skis in stock that will fit your plane because you'll need 3 skis, bur Richards set and pick the others from Ted's . I know your plant it's a good flyer. I'm sure you won't have any problems to relearn.
Also FYI we have a heated shelter to stay warm in between flights, so you should come out to field to meet us, don't wait for spring.

Michael O'Bree
2016-01-31, 05:44 AM
Welcome, Aleksandr-

I have recently joined the hobby and the club - you have come to the right place, a great group of guys who are most helpful!

I also needed skis for my Apprentice 15e but started building my own before Richard offered me his. If you are still considering skis and need your nose ski to complete Richard's set of main skis, you might decide to make your own as I did. If so, check out message #4 in this thread:

http://www.wimac.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7063

I can confirm they work - I got my solo wings using them thanks to all the expert guidance from WIMAC's instructors:D

Happy flying.

Aleksandr
2016-01-31, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys for your friendly suggestions. I'll go to Ted tomorrow and see if he has the ski to fit my plane or I'll build them my self for the next Saturday or Sunday. I would love to meet members and enjoy the fresh air and hopefully a safe flying.:):):)