PDA

View Full Version : Request for help.

beto9
2016-02-12, 10:29 AM
Concordia University students participate each year in a competition. They use our field to test their design.
I have received the following request and I am sure some of our members will be interested in cooperating with their project.
You may answer directly in this forum or respond by e-mail to Kyle.
WIMAC has a long history of promoting the hobby and this is a good occasion to continue the tradition.
Here is the e-mail I received from Kyle Petrunik
++++
Good morning Albert,

Thank you previously for letting us use your field. Unfortunately the plane didn't make it home in one piece but that is the risk of flying.

We would like to come and use your field again and do some winter flying. Currently we would be looking for a time around the end of February or the beginning of March.

Additionally we are looking to start a long term relationship with your Field and your pilots.

Much of the success of our society relies on the ability to test flight our aircraft. Currently we don't have a full time pilot that can handle experimental aircraft.

We would like to work with someone who would come over to our shop to do a full inspection of the aircraft, understand the missions that it will be flying and generally get to know the aircraft in full before flying it. We are looking for the best of the best. Do you have any recommendations?

We would also be happy to pay any field fees there may be.

Regards,

Kyle Petrunik
AeroDesign Coordinator
Concordia University SAE
Tel: (514) 848-2424 ext. 7530
Cell: (438) 886-2744
aero@concordiasae.ca
www.concordiasae.ca

beto9
2016-02-12, 10:37 AM
Some further thoughts on my previous posting:
It is my recollection that each time the tests were done at our field one of the problems with the test aircraft was its weight. If I remember correctly they have some parameters they have to adhere to and they are not only the size and propulsion of the aircraft but they also have to carry a specified weight a specified distance.
I am sure that Kyle can help himself posting the competition guidelines here as soon as possible.
He will also be better served if he engages not only a pilot but a helper during the design phase of the aircraft. There are some of our members who can help him and his team in this respect.
Enough said!

Mezri
2016-02-12, 04:49 PM
Bonjour à tous,
Je suis actuellement à la recherche d'un emploi...donc je suis libre le jour sauf Samedi...j'ai fait pas mal de conceptions, constructions et vols d'essais...
http://mezrifilali.wix.com/cvnet
Le problème, c'est qu'ici au canada, je n'ai rien : ni radio, ni atelier ...
Mon challenge à chaque projet, c'est datteindre les meilleures caractéristiques possibles...
Merci...
Hello everyone,
I am currently looking for a job ... so I'm free day except Saturday ... I made a lot of designs, constructions and test flights ...
http://mezrifilali.wix.com/cvnet
The problem is that here in Canada, I have nothing: no radio, no workshop ...
My challenge with every project, it's to reach the best possible characteristics ...:)
Thank you...