PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join WIMAC

davef
2016-04-29, 08:31 PM
Hello all,

I moved to Montreal just over six years ago from the United Kingdom and I am looking to get back into the hobby. I used to be a member of my local model flying club in the UK. I was also elected secretary of the club for a short while before moving to Canada.

I also used to be a member of the BMFA, which is the UK's equivalent of the MAAC and received both my A and B certificates (MAAC equivalent would be C level wings), so I'd like to think that I am a competent flyer, albeit a little out of practice.

I have mostly experience with fixed wing, both IC and electric. Although this time I will most likely be focusing on electric. I will probably get back into IC down the road, but I obviously need to find my wings again. :-) (Still have to buy a new plane and radio gear)

Back in the UK, I used to have a models such Hanger 9 F4U Corsair Semi-Scale ARTF, 165cm wingspan with a OS 91 4-stroke engine. I also had a Chris Foss Acro Wot and a Pilatus PC-7. I also had a couple of foam electrics park and indoor flyers.

Most of my flying I learned from my father, who has competed at a national level in the UK, mostly in F4C & flying scale. He came 2nd place at the BMFA nationals 2015 with his Westland Wyvern (http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/artf-builds/westland-wyvern/) in flying scale (link is actually his model).

I'd like to know is if it would be possible to visit the WIMAC flying site one weekend to take a look, as I'm interested in joining, and possibly meet a few of you and to help me understand more about the club?

Thank you in advance.

Regards // Dave

Sempai-mj
2016-04-30, 06:20 AM
Hello and welcome,
You most certainly can come and visit, if it's during the week there a few who fly everyday when the weather is favourable.
They are usually there around 11:30 onward, also on weekends you would get to meet a lot more members.

Cheers