PDA

View Full Version : Learning the lessons well

bailey
2017-03-06, 12:36 PM
As you are all probably aware I am relatively new at this hobby and I have a lot to learn, especially where to and how to buy my aircrafts and parts. For the most part I have had little to complain about however things are begining to change. I've recently purchassed a Dynam DHC-2 Beaver from Banggood that arrived with both wings warped and damaged. I sent Banggood pic's of the wing halfs and was promissed replacements within two weeks however after 3 weeks I have still not received the replacements. I resent another email asking Banggood where my wings are and they wrote back telling me that the Mfg, Dynam, needs pic's of the damage. I had already sent Dynam pic's of the damage at the same time I had sent them to Banggood. No solution in sight yet. I've also had other smaller issues from ordering parts from the internet however nothing that couldn't be settled amicably. This leads me to excercise caution where and what to buy from now on, especially when making large purchasses. It would be much safer to buy at a local dealer where one can at least inspect the product and have some recourse if there are issues. I AM LEARNING!!! I will be staying away from Dynam products in the future.

Burning Head
2017-03-06, 01:44 PM
:oSade story, It's also easy for those Rc web shops to try to put the blame on post service ethic for light damaging material. We suppose to be able to open shipping box in front of the postman...but who got time for...Certainly not them, they are on working rush... If it's only painting scratch, that's not so bad.a bit of TED's makeup and it's done. But if it's a crack in the wing or in the fuselage...that's an other thing

MichaelLevy
2017-03-06, 02:10 PM
If you paid with Paypal you can open a dispute. If you used a credit card, call them and try to contest the payment and keep harrassing Banggood. It takes time but they usually give in because they don't want bad reviews. I have had a few issues in the numerous times I ordered from China but all of them were eventually resolved although at times it was a real hassle. RCCastle is the best for customer service and ordering airplanes, HK will give you the runaround a bit. In my opinion, local hobby shops do not necessarily give you better service it's just quicker.

bailey
2017-03-06, 02:33 PM
If you paid with Paypal you can open a dispute. If you used a credit card, call them and try to contest the payment and keep harrassing Banggood. It takes time but they usually give in because they don't want bad reviews. I have had a few issues in the numerous times I ordered from China but all of them were eventually resolved although at times it was a real hassle. RCCastle is the best for customer service and ordering airplanes, HK will give you the runaround a bit. In my opinion, local hobby shops do not necessarily give you better service it's just quicker.

I paid by Visa and I intend to open an inquiry into payment for damaged goods. At this point it's a matter of principale as I was able to straighten out the warped parts of the wings and replaced a small amount of foam that had broken off so I imagine it will be airworthy. That still does not solve the damaged goods problem. As Richard states, we should be able to open the package upon delivery but who does that in reality. We trust that Manufacturers have the ability to pack their product in order to survive shipping. Thanks for the come back!

MidnightHeli
2017-03-07, 03:08 PM
Yup, we learn the hard way. Bought a heli kit for 200$ on a RCgroup site in Ontario and paid by bank transfer. Wanted to pay by Paypal but the guy did not want. If I would of paid by Paypal, maybe I could of had my money back. I will never pay again, by bank transfer or cheques unless local and I get the stuff before paying.
As far as opening the box when the mailman delivers, many times they leave the box on the front steps. I complained to the post office to no avail. In 20 years, luckily for me, only 2 boxes (stolen???) never arrived from Amazon, but never had problems with them, they just credit my card.

bailey
2017-03-07, 03:19 PM
Yup, we learn the hard way. Bought a heli kit for 200$ on a RCgroup site in Ontario and paid by bank transfer. Wanted to pay by Paypal but the guy did not want. If I would of paid by Paypal, maybe I could of had my money back. I will never pay again, by bank transfer or cheques unless local and I get the stuff before paying.
As far as opening the box when the mailman delivers, many times they leave the box on the front steps. I complained to the post office to no avail. In 20 years, luckily for me, only 2 boxes (stolen???) never arrived from Amazon, but never had problems with them, they just credit my card.

Thanks Andre for the come back. I guess if you look at the entire picture we all have a story or two. We learn by our mistakes. Looking forward to next month when the runway is clear and the sun is out with light winds.

Sempai-mj
2017-03-07, 08:22 PM
My past experience with purchases from China, I never have ordered a huge purchase, but my experience has been positive. Never have an issue, but maybe I've been lucky.
Small parts, Pitts mufflers, strobes, spinners, servo extensions, small quads, etc...

heliraiser
2017-03-09, 05:03 PM
Wayne you didn't have any joy with Amazon I remember and now Banggood is giving you the run around. I have been looking recently at Horizon Hobby and they seem quite reasonable on price apart from the currency exchange rate. I see they have a good range of electric planes and they have advertised some nice trainers and also a Pilatus from FMS models which has good reviews. The Pilatus comes with retracts at 299.99US and is an excellent flyer. I speak with experience as I had one and it was delightful to view in the air and easy to land even with deadstick not that electric suffers from that. Look it up and see what you think. If you don't want to risk ordering yourself Ted's or others will get it or anything else for you. Alternatively you can obtain free delivery within the US and then you can pick up from freight forwarding over the border at Plattsberg. Email me if you want more details heliraiserrjo@gmail.com or 4385024570.

heliraiser
2017-03-09, 05:10 PM
Amend the figure of 299.99 to 199.99 $US for the Pilatus

Dwight Macdonald
2017-03-09, 10:01 PM
I like to support the local hobby stores when the products and prices are comparable. Often they will match the online prices.

Sempai-mj
2017-03-10, 07:58 AM
I like to support the local hobby stores when the products and prices are comparable. Often they will match the online prices.

Yes this is true, Ted will often match prices and no shipping charges, I have purchased many times from him, always easy and a fair transaction.

MichaelLevy
2017-03-10, 08:42 AM
To add to my previous comment that I was overall satisfied with ordering from China, stay away from Fedex and UPS if possible, by the time it reaches your home, it turns out to be very expensive. Also there are some fly by night ops in Indonesia and Malaysia, be very wary. I once had an encounter with one of these, they wanted me to wire them the money, no paypal no credit card. I checked them out, it appeared that they had been closed since 2012. Of course I did not order.

bailey
2017-03-10, 11:26 AM
Wayne you didn't have any joy with Amazon I remember and now Banggood is giving you the run around. I have been looking recently at Horizon Hobby and they seem quite reasonable on price apart from the currency exchange rate. I see they have a good range of electric planes and they have advertised some nice trainers and also a Pilatus from FMS models which has good reviews. The Pilatus comes with retracts at 299.99US and is an excellent flyer. I speak with experience as I had one and it was delightful to view in the air and easy to land even with deadstick not that electric suffers from that. Look it up and see what you think. If you don't want to risk ordering yourself Ted's or others will get it or anything else for you. Alternatively you can obtain free delivery within the US and then you can pick up from freight forwarding over the border at Plattsberg. Email me if you want more details heliraiserrjo@gmail.com or 4385024570.

You're right however there was no hesitation with Amazon regarding a complete refund whereas Banggood is very hesitant in standing by their products. I received an email this AM from them wanting to refund me $15 USD for my trouble. As for Dynam they are completely silent on the matter. No more Dynam products for me I can assure you. I filed a complaint with Visa this morning in which they award Banggood 15 days to replace the wings otherwise they will have to come and pick up the aircraft paying all fees involved by April 23ed/17

LucT
2017-03-10, 12:24 PM
Bonjour tout le monde,

c'est une discussion très intéressante.

Je commande énormément de matériel chez Hobby King - ou directement des fournisseurs comme Horizon, Precision Aerobatics etc. - et très franchement, je suis presque toujours satisfait, surtout pour l'électronique, les piles etc.

Je continue d'encourager plusieurs commerçants (Udisco, Hobbieville, Ted, Distribution aux modélistes) pour des commandes spéciales comme un moteur à essence de qualité ou certaines composantes. Mais honnêtement, on peut tout commander en ligne.

Il faut donc que le commerçant offre un service compétitif (conseils, expertise) ET des prix compétitifs.

Sauf que depuis plusieurs années le regroupement du commerce au détail revendique au gouvernement fédéral et provincial d'intervenir en matière de taxation...les fournisseurs de Chine et d'ailleurs ne sont pas obligés de payer les taxes canadiennes et frais de dédouanage. Les Hobby King de ce monde partent avec un avantage concurrentiel d'au moins 33% au départ!

Est-ce juste pour nos commerçants locaux? Je commence à me sentir de plus en plus coupable de commander chez HK. D'un autre côté mon budget est serré et bien que j'adore ce passe-temps, j'ai d'autres priorités de dépenses. Voilà le dilemme!

C'est une question qui déborde de beaucoup notre passe-temps mais nous devons de plus en plus réaliser l'impact sur nos commerçants locaux qui ont des familles à nourrir...

Note supplémentaire: il est de plus en plus suggéré que les compagnies de cartes de crédit soient saisies du problème et chargent les taxes et frais de dédouanage à la source. À suivre...

jeanyul
2017-03-10, 02:26 PM
Hope everything turn out ok for you Wayne
i kind of agree buying local, all my purchase where done at teds unless he could not get it
the advise and service is priceless and the price are competitive

Burning Head
2017-03-10, 02:54 PM
they are also there for a big part of the Fun Fly gifts and goodies

heliraiser
2017-03-11, 08:29 AM
Learning lessons can be quite annoying and expensive when you fall into traps. There is a website called www.rcmodelreviews.com There you will find details of fake equipment and scams. Also there are updates on faulty equipment and fixes. For instance the DX8 has a download to stop over- write on model programming. There are reviews and test results and all sorts of useful hints. Sites like these are very helpful.

bailey
2017-03-11, 10:12 AM
Yes this is true, Ted will often match prices and no shipping charges, I have purchased many times from him, always easy and a fair transaction.

I agree with Ted's for most if not all purchasses. True they are competitive and Peter is always eager to help with a problem including some mundane things like soldering on his little bench which he has done for me a couple of times now. So yes, Ted's is on my priority list.

bailey
2017-03-11, 10:25 AM
Bonjour tout le monde,

c'est une discussion très intéressante.

Je commande énormément de matériel chez Hobby King - ou directement des fournisseurs comme Horizon, Precision Aerobatics etc. - et très franchement, je suis presque toujours satisfait, surtout pour l'électronique, les piles etc.

Je continue d'encourager plusieurs commerçants (Udisco, Hobbieville, Ted, Distribution aux modélistes) pour des commandes spéciales comme un moteur à essence de qualité ou certaines composantes. Mais honnêtement, on peut tout commander en ligne.

Il faut donc que le commerçant offre un service compétitif (conseils, expertise) ET des prix compétitifs.

Sauf que depuis plusieurs années le regroupement du commerce au détail revendique au gouvernement fédéral et provincial d'intervenir en matière de taxation...les fournisseurs de Chine et d'ailleurs ne sont pas obligés de payer les taxes canadiennes et frais de dédouanage. Les Hobby King de ce monde partent avec un avantage concurrentiel d'au moins 33% au départ!

Est-ce juste pour nos commerçants locaux? Je commence à me sentir de plus en plus coupable de commander chez HK. D'un autre côté mon budget est serré et bien que j'adore ce passe-temps, j'ai d'autres priorités de dépenses. Voilà le dilemme!

C'est une question qui déborde de beaucoup notre passe-temps mais nous devons de plus en plus réaliser l'impact sur nos commerçants locaux qui ont des familles à nourrir...

Note supplémentaire: il est de plus en plus suggéré que les compagnies de cartes de crédit soient saisies du problème et chargent les taxes et frais de dédouanage à la source. À suivre...

Tks Luc for your comments. Ted's is there when you need them for advice, repairs and some reduced pricing on some items. You are correct when you point out that buying from China eliminates the taxes but if there is a problem you will encounter some difficulties. All in all there are so many places to buy it becomes confusing at times as to where the best place or deals can be had. Have to do research each time.

bailey
2017-03-11, 10:26 AM
Learning lessons can be quite annoying and expensive when you fall into traps. There is a website called www.rcmodelreviews.com There you will find details of fake equipment and scams. Also there are updates on faulty equipment and fixes. For instance the DX8 has a download to stop over- write on model programming. There are reviews and test results and all sorts of useful hints. Sites like these are very helpful.

Good to know Richard.

bailey
2017-03-11, 10:35 AM
Hope everything turn out ok for you Wayne
i kind of agree buying local, all my purchase where done at teds unless he could not get it
the advise and service is priceless and the price are competitive

I did contact Visa and they stand behind me all the way. They suggest I contact Banggood and give them 15 days in order to replace the wings. If they have not done that then they have until April 23rd to arrange picking up the aircraft at their expense including all shipping and handeling and award me a full refund. I hope it doesn't get to that because then I'll have to find a box, as I had destroyed the one it originally came in because they assured me that they were sending me replacement wings within a two week period. I was able to repair the damage in the meanwhile and hope it is good enough to fly without too much trim. It did, as you can see turn out to be quite a mess. Banggood....never again and the same goes for Dynam products.

Burning Head
2017-03-11, 11:45 AM
Sorry to say Wayne but Dynam's models have nothing to do with your Banggood issue. Many American Rc shop sold their production and parts. Here few link https://www.motionrc.com/ and http://www.hobbypartz.com/dynam.htmlhttps://www.motionrc.com/ and http://www.nitroplanes.com/dynam.html

bailey
2017-03-11, 06:03 PM
Sorry to say Wayne but Dynam's models have nothing to do with your Banggood issue. Many American Rc shop sold their production and parts. Here few link https://www.motionrc.com/ and http://www.hobbypartz.com/dynam.htmlhttps://www.motionrc.com/ and http://www.nitroplanes.com/dynam.html

Unfortunately Dynam ignored my two emails complete with pic's and has ignored continual contact from Banggood asking some kind of acknowlegment regarding the damaged wings. If this is the way Dynam stand behind their products and customers then they will never see me order another product from them again. I just hope that other distributers you have outlined don't have to rely on Dynam to settle any claims for faulty material.

Burning Head
2017-03-12, 10:00 AM
As you wish:)

MichaelLevy
2017-03-27, 06:25 PM
I ordered a 4S battery at Bangood late December and have not received it yet. I had a live chat with Banggod for the first time today. They are sending me a replacement battery free of charge, no questions asked. Great service.

zorba
2017-03-27, 06:58 PM
I ordered a 4S battery at Bangood late December and have not received it yet. I had a live chat with Banggod for the first time today. They are sending me a replacement battery free of charge, no questions asked. Great service.

I'm glad you getting another battery, lets hope you get this one this time.

Sempai-mj
2017-03-27, 07:41 PM

Live chat! Good for you, I tried the chat it always said "Not available":mad:
What local time did this take place?

MichaelLevy
2017-03-27, 08:17 PM
About 5 PM our time.

Burning Head
2017-03-27, 11:19 PM
Well , they probably ordered your 4s battery from HK ...This may explain the delay:rolleyes:

bailey
2017-03-28, 12:50 PM

Let me know when you get it......if you get it!

bailey
2017-04-01, 07:10 PM
I had a live discussion with FLOYD today at Banggood and he promisses me that he will settle my claim "one way or another", (words from a song by Blondie) however I don't beleive in Santa or the Easter Bunnie any more. I guess I'll have to order the wings myself from another supplier and at my cost. By the way did you get your battery?
Wayne

MichaelLevy
2017-04-02, 10:02 AM
I had a live discussion with FLOYD today at Banggood and he promisses me that he will settle my claim "one way or another", (words from a song by Blondie) however I don't beleive in Santa or the Easter Bunnie any more. I guess I'll have to order the wings myself from another supplier and at my cost. By the way did you get your battery?
Wayne
They only sent it last week and gave me a tracking number. I ordered another battery from them March 4th and received it two weeks later.

MichaelLevy
2017-04-02, 10:24 AM
To follow up my previous post, I placed an order with HK December 23rd through International (Registered) Air Mail which has not come in yet. I called Canadapost in February and they told me it was at Customs and to call them for more information. I called Customs and they asked me which Canadapost warehouse it was at for them to be able to track it, so I called back Canadapost and they told me that they had no information on that order because it was sent through International (Registered) Air Mail and the tracking number was useless, which contradicted what the first agent told me (That the order was at Customs). The Canadapost agent then told me to call the sender and to tell them to hold their postal carrier responsible for the potential loss. So I called Canadapost a third time and this time the agent said that it was ''in the system but was not available'':confused: I prodded the agent to give me more information and asked him pointblank if he could "see it in his computer but was not allowed to give it to me" and he answered in the affirmative but he did reiterate that the parcel was at customs in BC and there was a very long wait. He told me they do not give info for parcels sent through International (Registered) Air Mail because of payment issues with the foreign postal carrier which HK used and gave me back the same speech I heard before to contact the sender and hold the carrier responsible for the loss. Bottom line, avoid International (Registered) Air Mail with HK, it may save them money but Canadapost is not happy with them and uses the customer to put pressure on the foreign postal carrier.

bailey
2017-04-02, 07:21 PM
One would presume that it is unwise to order anything from another country because there are so many hands that are in the pudding. I hope that you didn'd loose too much money in the quasion. A lot of responses to my delima were probably the best advise and that is to buy local. I get a lot of magazines passed on to me highlighting so many aircraft that it is almost impossible to make a qualified decision as to what to buy so I will buy through any local hobby shop and pay only upon receipt of the goods ordered. That way I' won't be put of pocket any more.

As for your delima I hope it turns out in your favor. Situations like ours definately do not enhance the enjoyment of this hobby.

Burning Head
2017-04-03, 10:47 AM
Now I'm scare, I wait to for a small HK order ( no lipo ) made March the 3 by the same cheap shipping way...I won't be able to mod my Cessna Citation with out those new rotors:no:

Michael O'Bree
2017-04-03, 11:55 AM
I made the mistake a year ago of ordering some items from HK, one of which was on back order. After 3 months the items were still not shipped but I had no problem cancelling the order and being refunded.
This year I ordered more HK stuff at their cheapest shipping rates - the order took about 2 months to arrive, but otherwise, no issues. I still get quite a bit of stuff from Ted's, and of course the Dollar store, Reno/Home Depot and Fabricville - for example, Velcro at Fabricville is the best and cheapest!

MichaelLevy
2017-04-03, 01:17 PM
I'm not too worried. Since I got back into the hobby around 2008, I put in about 60 orders from HK and other Chinese companies. Everyone of them eventually came in. I also order a lot of stuff from China not related to the hobby and have had no problems so far. The only problem is that it can take a long time to arrive and this seems to be getting worse because of the cheap shipping methods. However, if Canada Post has the tracking info and won't divulge it or won't even admit to having it as happened in my case, they are also to blame. Lastly, if your stuff comes through the Canada Post BC warehouse, such as with Singapore Post, be aware that the facility is huge and sometimes has long delays.
If you want more speed and security, order from the HK US Warehouse you get a USPS tracking number, and go pick it up in Champlain or Plattsburgh.

zorba
2017-04-03, 05:52 PM
I think people will learn by now that ordering overseas it takes forever and fo what???to save a buck or two?
People spend hundreds of dollars on planes, engines, radio's but they decide to go with the Chinese junk.
Why not order local. Ted's, Great hobbies, Thunderbolt R/C, Draganfly.
They are all in Canada and you don't have to drive to Champlain or Plattsburgh to get them. Ted's has a shipment coming in every Friday.

I guess the old saying "you live and learn" does not apply here...
My two cents.
Bill

MichaelLevy
2017-04-03, 07:16 PM
I think people will learn by now that ordering overseas it takes forever and fo what???to save a buck or two?
People spend hundreds of dollars on planes, engines, radio's but they decide to go with the Chinese junk.
Why not order local. Ted's, Great hobbies, Thunderbolt R/C, Draganfly.
They are all in Canada and you don't have to drive to Champlain or Plattsburgh to get them. Ted's has a shipment coming in every Friday.

I guess the old saying "you live and learn" does not apply here...
My two cents.
Bill
As I said, through my many dealings with Chinese companies, I've never had a problem which was not resolved, and I wouldn't be in this hobby if it weren't for HK, etc. As they say, to each his own.

Mezri
2017-04-03, 09:47 PM
Je suis nouveau ici au Canada, je comprend qu'il faut soutenir le marché local mais quand je ne trouve pas exactement ce que je cherche je m'adresse à d'autres...
-J'ai voulu une radio Graupner, étant fidèle à cette marque, je n'ai rien trouvé dans le marché local...commande ebay des USA.
-J'ai voulu un planeur acrobatique de taille respectable...rien ...commande Ebay des USA...pour le motoriser j'ai fait le tour des localité et rien concernant un moteur à long shaft....commande de la tchécoslovaquie...
-Un tube carbone de 10mm...tout est imperial et rien concernant mes 10mm...commande ebay...
-Pour motoriser mon pilatus, les motorisations disponibles sont le double du prix d'une commande HK avec UPS ou Fedex...(avec UPS ou Fedex, c'est des délais de livraison record 2 à 4 jours)...
J'ai toujours priviligié les commerçants locaux, j'ai acheté pas mal d'articles, je fait le tour par telephone ou par fois par voiture en étant persuadé de trouver ce que cherche...

-malheureusement dans ce domaine pour etre les meilleurs il faut du stock, le client est toujours imprévisible mais il faut le surprendre en lui disant : oui je l'ai, et au prix interessant 10 à 20% plus chere ok j'achete...le double non merci je vais refléchir...

ChrisPol
2017-04-03, 10:07 PM
-J'ai voulu une radio Graupner, étant fidèle à cette marque, je n'ai rien trouvé dans le marché local...commande ebay des USA.

Pro-Rc & Thunderbolt hobbies both canadian

-J'ai voulu un planeur acrobatique de taille respectable...rien ...

Icare Rc

-Un tube carbone de 10mm...tout est imperial et rien concernant mes 10mm...commande ebay...

composites canada

Mezri
2017-04-03, 10:39 PM
Merci Chris...je suis nouveau et parlant de marché local c'est Ted's, hobbyville, AMR, distribution aux modelistes...Montreal.
C'est vrais, chez RCpro j'ai acheté tout mes recepteurs et ESC...
Je découvre de jour en jour le marché Canadien...:) mais le grand Montréal ...:o

Merci pour la source Carbone, je vais voir ça...:)

alanroth
2017-04-03, 10:49 PM
:)keepAs you are all probably aware I am relatively new at this hobby and I have a lot to learn, especially where to and how to buy my aircrafts and parts. For the most part I have had little to complain about however things are begining to change. I've recently purchassed a Dynam DHC-2 Beaver from Banggood that arrived with both wings warped and damaged. I sent Banggood pic's of the wing halfs and was promissed replacements within two weeks however after 3 weeks I have still not received the replacements. I resent another email asking Banggood where my wings are and they wrote back telling me that the Mfg, Dynam, needs pic's of the damage. I had already sent Dynam pic's of the damage at the same time I had sent them to Banggood. No solution in sight yet. I've also had other smaller issues from ordering parts from the internet however nothing that couldn't be settled amicably. This leads me to excercise caution where and what to buy from now on, especially when making large purchasses. It would be much safer to buy at a local dealer where one can at least inspect the product and have some recourse if there are issues. I AM LEARNING!!! I will be staying away from Dynam products in the future.
They often come through , although it takes time, send this email and let them know that you already sent an email, took me about six weeks!
Alan

heliraiser
2017-04-04, 02:12 PM
=Forget most of these Chinese advertisers as their prices might be a draw but the quality in many cases might be lacking. Its not always the case however. There are two sites that I have found very reliable the first being "Helipal" where Jackie Lee from their sales is very obliging and in every case the delivery charges or shipping charges have been minimal. The delivery has never been more than around 8/10 days and never have I paid any surcharges from brokers or any taxation at the door. The only drawback is that they do not deal with planes just helis/parts and similar for drones and especially racing drones and kits for drones. They also have a range of Tx/rx from Frsky like Taranis. The other is rcrcm who specialize in sailplanes. Locally there is Icarus or Icare that are on the south shore off the 20 who import specialized models from Europe. The rest are well known and no need to mention

ChrisPol
2017-04-04, 02:59 PM
Anything I need from horizon, great planes etc, I try and give to Pete at Teds, would be a shame to lose a local resource for props on a saturday:)

Jeff at Thunderbolt is #1 for giant scale and stuff

Etienne at icarerc is great for glider and funky stuff, thats where my acro prism and glider comes from.

Merci Chris...je suis nouveau et parlant de marché local c'est Ted's, hobbyville, AMR, distribution aux modelistes...Montreal.
C'est vrais, chez RCpro j'ai acheté tout mes recepteurs et ESC...
Je découvre de jour en jour le marché Canadien...:) mais le grand Montréal ...:o

Merci pour la source Carbone, je vais voir ça...:)

MichaelLevy
2017-04-11, 10:34 AM
My replacement battery just came in today from Banggood free of charge to replace the one which was ordered December 20th but has not arrived so far. It took only two weeks shipping time. I can say that I am quite satisfied with Banggood customer service.

bailey
2017-04-11, 05:58 PM
Glad to see that your claim was resolved. As you can see I'm still waiting. Probably because it will cost Banggood quite a bit more than the price of a battery. Funny though how the wheel keeps going around and doesn't seem to be able to stop.

MichaelLevy
2017-04-11, 06:50 PM
Glad to see that your claim was resolved. As you can see I'm still waiting. Probably because it will cost Banggood quite a bit more than the price of a battery. Funny though how the wheel keeps going around and doesn't seem to be able to stop.

Sorry about your order:o, but you did mention that they are waiting for a shipment of wings, so there is some movement...Keep hammering them. In my case, they made absolutely no problems and offered to send me a replacement battery immediately into the chat, but every case is different, shipping a wing is a lot more expensive than shipping a battery,like you say.

heliraiser
2017-04-12, 09:03 AM
I am very surprised to learn that your problem persists especially when Banggood must have been made aware that you are a member of a large club who are watching these events. I am wanting to purchase another sailplane and like others I see these problems about shipping damage causing frustration and not being handled well. As a result I have decided not to be enticed as its risky enough judging the quality of these imports from pictures and if we are also subjected to poor packaging and handling and poor handling by customs inspectors then its time to choose some alternatives. I will think twice in the future. The only problem about shopping locally is the narrow availability of specialized items. Its a shame that we allow ourselves to suffer these things.

MichaelLevy
2017-04-12, 10:22 AM
IThe only problem about shopping locally is the narrow availability of specialized items. Its a shame that we allow ourselves to suffer these things.
Heliraiser, you put your finger on the spot when you mention the narrow availibility of specialized items. I fly electric jets and there is little that I can find in hobby shops that fit my needs. However I also buy stuff at Dollarama, Home depot and even the Train Junction hobby shop in Dorval which has a lot of really neat stuff. Also, there is the cost...for example a servo extension costs $5.99 locally. I can get 5 extensions for $4US at HK. As far as quality, a lot of the stuff you get here is also from China, and I find the overall quality of Chinese products very acceptable, with few exceptions. I am still flying the same made in China jets I bought as early as 2008.

bailey
2017-04-12, 10:28 AM
Well Richard, The latest "hight priorty" email from Wen just two days ago was vertually a repeat of the email I reveived from him on Feb 12th. Subject was that he is shipping the replacement wing halves but that I should be patient and wait for two weeks. And yes, Banggood has been made aware that I am a member of a club here and that other members will reserve placing orders from them in future because of this very problem. There is a case in point today from another member regarding this. Thanks for your concern.

Burning Head
2017-04-12, 12:25 PM
Heliraiser, you put your finger on the spot when you mention the narrow availibility of specialized items. I fly electric jets and there is little that I can find in hobby shops that fit my needs. However I also buy stuff at Dollarama, Home depot and even the Train Junction hobby shop in Dorval which has a lot of really neat stuff. Also, there is the cost...for example a servo extension costs $5.99 locally. I can get 5 extensions for $4US at HK. As far as quality, a lot of the stuff you get here is also from China, and I find the overall quality of Chinese products very acceptable, with few exceptions. I am still flying the same made in China jets I bought as early as 2008.

From my part, TX and RX are so crucial, I prefer to go with Can/USA shops But for lipo, servo and extentions ect.. from Chinese shops . Do you remembre Mike when HK was called Xtronic 8 years ago. even the cheapest shipping way never take more then 2 weeks to be at our doors at the time...

MichaelLevy
2017-04-12, 02:53 PM
From my part, TX and RX are so crucial, I prefer to go with Can/USA shops But for lipo, servo and extentions ect.. from Chinese shops . Do you remembre Mike when HK was called Xtronic 8 years ago. even the cheapest shipping way never take more then 2 weeks to be at our doors at the time...

That`s right. Shipping hasn`t gotten better..