PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin forum software upgraded

xed
2008-04-07, 03:09 PM
Software upgraded to latest stable release (v3.6.9 from v3.6.4) and I've only got a bit more work to do to import customizations from previous versions into the current.

Most stuff seems to be working, let me know if you see any errors or weird things going on.

Michael V
2008-04-10, 06:57 AM
I do!
I login and the top right corner reads 14 new posts but when I clic on it I get a screen that reads no new posts?

MIchael:confused:

beto9
2008-04-10, 09:18 AM
I also try to maintain all the main page announcements (stickies?) closed when I open it but they come back... long slogging to the bottom to see the forums.
Same problem as Michale V. Plus (this is old) it doesn't update the last time I was in....
Since you asked.... because the site is great!

xed
2008-04-10, 11:04 AM
We have been (up until a couple of days ago) been using cookie based tracking of new posts. This works kinda ok except that if you leave your web browser opened on WIMAC's website, it considers you "navigating" when you are infact inactive and you lose posts this way.

I realized recently that I had two different Mods installed that was displaying "New Posts" and "Unread" posts. I've been experimenting with them as well as setting the forum to database tracking of unread posts so its probably causing some confusion with different settings.

I think I've finally settled upon a combination of database and mod settings that works the best. You should see this working properly now.

xed
2008-04-10, 11:20 AM
Having switched to database tracking of "read posts", you may find you want to mark all posts as Read (Quick Links menu) or by clicking this link (http://www.wimac.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?do=markread).

zorba
2008-04-10, 07:39 PM
Mine says 186 unread post. weird. I read some this morning.

Sunfly
2008-04-11, 06:55 PM
Greg, again and again, thank you for this web site.
I am convinced we have one of the best.
Congratulations for the amazing work you do for all of us.

xed
2008-04-12, 11:53 AM
A view of the new dot-release of vBulletin coming soon (June or July it is supposed to be Gold release)... This is a "clean" database so if you wish to play round, you will need to register a test account.

http://www.wimac.ca/forum37/

Most of the changes are around User Profiles, Tag clouds, Social groups, built-in Photo gallery and some other behind the scene stuff.