PDA

View Full Version : It makes you mad!

beto9
2008-04-07, 04:06 PM
This is a field built by the city of Dayton, OH. for the enjoyment of its citizens... $15 a year for the key plus AMA.... poor guys, I am so sorry for them....

stephane.savard
2008-04-07, 04:52 PM
Grass is always greener on the other side of the heli field (or at least has less trees)

Despite our field problems, I wouldn't trade the 15 minutes it takes me to drive to the field located on the island to any field!

beto9
2008-04-07, 05:11 PM
I wonder if you missed the point....

stephane.savard
2008-04-07, 05:17 PM
Probably, I'm so used to hearing how other fields are better than our own :D

beto9
2008-04-07, 05:35 PM
Stephane.... my point is that while here in Quebec we are fighting to keep our fields because of a provincial government agency trying to close all of them, in many cities in the US the county or the city builds them at practically no cost to use to their citizens...

If we loose WIMAC site we will have to drive to Ontario....

I flew in Florida at a field built by the county... they took care of everything, including the porta-a-potty and removing the garbage.... Anyone with a AMA (or MAAC) was entitled to fly... try to beat that one....

I guess we are a very large minority (pun intended) for anyone to take us seriously... and the guys who are going to really suffer for that, the hobby shops, are very quiet and busy selling to care about it....

So.... how about driving to Dayton, OH? (Oh?)

Don Casey
2008-04-07, 08:53 PM
Relax.
There is a big cost to live in La Belle Province.

For what.

To ***** and complain and continue to put up with the bull...t

Safety First
2008-04-08, 06:52 AM
O eyesa! Amerika isa sucha beotifula contery.....

beto9
2008-04-08, 10:03 AM
I am quoting Bob Forest entirely... more to the point.
In Argentina we say that not only we have the governments we vote, we have the ones we deserve...

Here is Bob:

Just to give you an idea of how big the Toledo show is. The Mayor of Toledo spoke at the end of the show giving out figures. They were mind boggling. First of all, the show brings in over 10 million dollars of tourist money. The average amount of show goers, is 16,000 per show. This is a 3 day show, so the Friday and Sat are the two biggest days, Sunday quientens down. The Weak signals clubs gives to the fireman fund 10 thousand dollars. To the high school scholarship fund 75 thousand dollars, and there were other funds that they gave to from the profits of the show. Then rather than have the TOC championship at a local high school gym, they are building a new hockey arena right next the the convention center, and for the week of the Toledo show, it will be used for indoor flyeers, and the Tournament of Champions competition.
Also the Mayor announced that the City council voted unanimously that the month of April will be called Weak Signals RC Club month. And last but not least, he said, that the Toledo Show is the largest and biggest show, people wise and money wise that comes to Toledo.
Why is it, that cities do this for our hobby and here they try to kill our hobby.
This is a picture of Bob Noll getting an Life achievement award from the president of the Weak Signals club. Bob and I flew Pattern in the 60's and 70's. Bob is from the US. Bob is the one on the left.
Bob

Safety First
2008-04-08, 05:01 PM
This is getting to be a political issue I'd rather discuss this face to face. "La loi de protection du territoire agricole" is one of the best law voted by our Assemblée Nationale, unfortunatly we got caught in the midle of bureaucracy.

We and only us have to work to get out of the "merdier". How? Lets get that live conversation, nothing can compare to two "Latin" having a nice discussion over a glass of wine! See you Monday....:D

Sunfly
2008-04-11, 07:09 PM
The problems with governments is they are driven by common sense and logic. NOOOOOT !

So, I would like one government fellow to explain to me how will we be exercising our preferred hobby if we are not allowed to use some decent place in some agricultural area.
Technically this is the only place we can fly safely.
WIMAC is a kind of exception until we have to move.

I get it ! Let's us all go the the Mount Royal parc with our gear and fly there.
I hope one government fellow will read this and start to think ... for the first time.

Americans are more clever in some fields and RC flying is one of them.

Cheers,