PDA

View Full Version : Histoire de l'ecrasement le plus frustrant / The most frustrating crash story

LucT
2019-10-17, 03:13 AM
R.I.P. Ma superbe maquette FMS P40b.

Alors que je profitais de ce merveilleux dimanche matin, un insecte - probablement une guèpe - me pique sur l'avant-bras gauche. Seulement deux secondes pour bouger mon bras et regarder, hélas. Assez pour ne pas récupérer ce genre d'avion très sensible.

Maintenant j'ai 4 piles, un moteur brushless, des servos et un récepteur pour la prochaine maquette. Et j'ai toujours l'habitude de mettre de l'insecticide...mais pas ce matin-là :mad::angry::(

Et vous, quelle est l'histoire de votre écrasement le plus frustrant?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

R.I.P. my beautiful FMS P40b.

As I was enjoying this beautiful Sunday morning conditions, an insect - probably a wasp - bite me on my left forearm. Just a couple of seconds to move my arm and look down, yes. Enough to loose track of this very sensible type of airplane.

Now I have 4 spare packs, brushless motor, servos and receiver for the next kit. And I usually always use repellent...but not that morning :mad::(:angry:

About you, what was your most frustrating crash ???

briankizner
2019-10-17, 11:11 AM
There have been many. One good one happened years ago when I tripped and dropped the transmitter. I recovered and picked up the transmitter and would have regained control without too much difficulty if the transmitter battery had not fallen out.

Kevin Rochon
2019-10-17, 06:44 PM
I had a beautiful Christen Eagle 50cc which I watched going down in circles in the woods because the battery came loose and disconnected,I meant to put heat shrink on the connection but ........:rolleyes:

Michael O'Bree
2019-10-17, 11:53 PM
Early this year my Apprentice had an embarrassing abrupt altercation with Mother Earth - the sun was bright, i made the newbie error of not using the sun shade at the pilot station and I lost sight of the plane as it passed in front of the sun, lost orientation and thwack - nose first into the ground. It crashed only a few feet away from Michael J. who was searching for somebody else's plane in the woods. Fortunately it did not hit anyone. Michael kindly retrieved the pieces which have benefited from a large portion of Lepage’s cement glue (thanks to Raymond B. for his recommendation) + new cowl etc and the plane has successfully re-maidened a few weeks ago.
More pilot error than unlucky break......:o

mitea_dan
2019-10-18, 06:53 AM
J’ai volé dans une année en 1 janvier. Était une tempête de neige. Une poussé de vent m’a introduit de neige entre les yeux et lunettes. Complete aveugles je perdu l’avion. C’était un minitelemaster électrique. Je le trouvé sur un magasin…

MichaelLevy
2019-10-23, 11:35 AM
Well, I went flying my SR-71 edf jet last Monday. I noticed the runway was full of goose droppings. I though it may be a good idea to remove them before take-off but was too impatient and decided to take off anyway. The plane roared down the runway and just before takeoff, the right fan hit a bird dropping and exploded, sending blades right through the engine nacelle. With the left engine on full power, the plane turned right and started to roll, I quickly powered down and it plopped down in the soaked grass at the end of the runway (in the Hudson:D). Luckily not too much damage except to my ego, but I promised myself to bring a broom next time to avoid bird poo strikes on take-off.

Sempai-mj
2019-10-23, 12:24 PM
Well, I went flying my SR-71 edf jet last Monday. I noticed the runway was full of goose droppings. I though it may be a good idea to remove them before take-off but was too impatient and decided to take off anyway. The plane roared down the runway and just before takeoff, the right fan hit a bird dropping and exploded, sending blades right through the engine nacelle. With the left engine on full power, the plane turned right and started to roll, I quickly powered down and it plopped down in the soaked grass at the end of the runway (in the Hudson:D). Luckily not too much damage except to my ego, but I promised myself to bring a broom next time to avoid bird-dropping strikes on take-off.

I guess we will call you Sully from now on!:D

MichaelLevy
2019-10-23, 01:00 PM
I guess we will call you Sully from now on!:D
I should have cleaned the bird poo off the runway and not "sully" my reputation:D.

Jdonald
2019-10-23, 06:12 PM
There are 2 wide plastic plow snow shovels behind the terminal. Blue colour. Cleaned the 2 taxi ways and the eastern half of the runway on Sunday. Since the plows are plastic the runway is not damaged. There were about 35 geese at the east end of the runway. I guess they returned. They have also done a number on the yellow noodles.

LucT
2019-10-25, 09:39 PM
There are 2 wide plastic plow snow shovels behind the terminal. Blue colour. Cleaned the 2 taxi ways and the eastern half of the runway on Sunday. Since the plows are plastic the runway is not damaged. There were about 35 geese at the east end of the runway. I guess they returned. They have also done a number on the yellow noodles.

Shit happens. :D

Florin
2019-10-25, 09:53 PM
...and just before takeoff, the right fan hit a bird dropping and exploded, sending blades right through the engine nacelle. With the left engine on full power, the plane turned right and started to roll...
... and that happens when shit hits the fan, literally :FLIPOVER:

LucT
2019-10-25, 10:01 PM
... and that happens when shit hits the fan, literally :FLIPOVER:

Thank god I'm still not too old for that shit :laugh:

pauldaigle
2019-10-26, 02:56 PM
Next time call ICAO, they monitor bird strikes, just not sure if they have a bird shit data base:D

MichaelLevy
2019-10-26, 05:03 PM
Next time call ICAO, they monitor bird strikes, just not sure if they have a bird shit data base:D
Hahahahaa...No shit:D!

MichaelLevy
2019-11-06, 01:58 PM
Here are some pictures of the catastrophic aftermath of the bird poop strike on my SR-71 during takeoff which I described in my earlier post. The fan and fan shroud were completely obliterated by the impact. Splinters of fan blades can be seen embedded on the inside of the engine nacelle and the fan hatch was blown off. This is what I had been fearing the most when flying this airplane. With the engine nacelles so far outboard, the loss of an engine in flight results in asymmetrical thrust and critical loss of control. Bird poop strikes are no joke, but there is a silver lining to this mishap, as I have decided to replace the two outboard 64 mm power units with a single multiblade 70 mm unit slung under the fuselage. It will hardly be visible and provide tremendous advantages over the twin-powered system. For one thing, I will no longer have to worry about losing an outboard engine in flight or worse still, on takeoff. With a 6s battery, compared to the current 4S, it will provide more than 1600 gm of static thrust vs the current 1100 gm using the twin 64 mm fan/motor setup. With an estimated overall weight of 1100gm, the power to weight ratio will be about 1.5 to 1, outperforming by far any of my current EDF jets resulting in greater speed and almost unlimited vertical performance. It will be also be more efficient, meaning longer flight times and all this with no increase in overall weight! Finally, it will sound a heck of a lot better, with a more realistic jet sound. It won't be ready this fall as we are at the end of the season but will roar back to life next spring. By that time, this battle-scarred Blackbird airframe will be over 10 years old, but that old crow may still have its best days ahead of her.

LucT
2019-11-06, 02:51 PM
Here are some pictures of the catastrophic aftermath of the bird poop strike on my SR-71 during takeoff which I described in my earlier post. The fan and fan shroud were completely obliterated by the impact. Splinters of fan blades can be seen embedded on the inside of the engine nacelle and the fan hatch was blown off. This is what I had been fearing the most when flying this airplane. With the engine nacelles so far outboard, the loss of an engine in flight results in asymmetrical thrust and critical loss of control. Bird poop strikes are no joke, but there is a silver lining to this mishap, as I have decided to replace the two outboard 64 mm power units with a single multiblade 70 mm unit slung under the fuselage. It will hardly be visible and provide tremendous advantages over the twin-powered system. For one thing, I will no longer have to worry about losing an outboard engine in flight or worse still, on takeoff. With a 6s battery, compared to the current 4S, it will provide more than 1600 gm of static thrust vs the current 1100 gm using the twin 64 mm fan/motor setup. With an estimated overall weight of 1100gm, the power to weight ratio will be about 1.5 to 1, outperforming by far any of my current EDF jets resulting in greater speed and almost unlimited vertical performance. It will be also be more efficient, meaning longer flight times and all this with no increase in overall weight! Finally, it will sound a heck of a lot better, with a more realistic jet sound. It won't be ready this fall as we are at the end of the season but will roar back to life next spring. By that time, this battle-scarred Blackbird airframe will be over 10 years old, but that old crow may still have its best days ahead of her.

That is a shit load of information :p... lots of power...scary shit:D

pauldaigle
2019-11-07, 12:50 PM
WOW! this is straight out of Area 51 stuff for me. No shit! :eek:

MichaelLevy
2019-11-07, 05:23 PM
I shit you not!:eek: