PDA

View Full Version : Graupner...

mitea_dan
2019-11-22, 12:59 PM
Rather an end with horror than a horror without end. Either way or something like this can be described, what graupner / SJ gmbh announced today by Press Release: the traditional company from kirchheim / teck has filed an application for bankruptcy, will stop business operations. It is said that due to a restructuring of the south korean parent company graupner co., Ltd, the basis for further economic activity is no longer available. This is how production in China will cease, production and development of the core products from the remote control, charging and servo technology segments will take place directly at the headquarters of the parent company near Seoul. " the graupner co., LTD. Will generate completely new distribution channels as part of the restructuring and relocation of production, so that graupner / SJ gmbh in kirchheim will no longer be part of the distribution chain." and without the products of the parent company in the portfolio, the German subsidiary lacks the business basis. "without the delivery of goods / products and the provision of support, Graupner / SJ gmbh has no future anymore", the current press release continues. " Therefore, the high costs existing at the kirchheim site cannot be compensated. In order to avoid a long agony of graupner / SJ Gmbh, Graupner / SJ gmbh has submitted a request for the initiation of the insolvency proceedings due to impending insolvency."

briankizner
2019-11-22, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear this. The first kit I built before joining WIMAC was a Graupner 3 channel trainer called Taxi.

Krish
2019-11-23, 09:12 AM
I had been looking recently at Graupner for availability of components to complete and make active for a 1970 Boat Model name the Adolf Bermphol, a model of a 1960s German fire extinguishing and ocean rescue boat, which I never completed back in those days and was making progress!

Brian: the first model RC plane I built, learned to fly in Montreal was the same 3 channel Taxi, I bought from the Hobby World at Sherbrooke and Decarie!

briankizner
2019-11-23, 07:00 PM
I bought the kit there too, Krish. The store was called Hobby World. The Taxi was a good kit to build, taught me a lot about construction, sanding and covering. Unfortunately, I tried to fly it without instruction a few times and so did several rebuilds before realizing I needed to find people to teach me how to fly...... long story short, I became a member of WIMAC and remained one ever since.

LucT
2019-11-25, 03:47 PM
Sad news, I was always impressed by their products and expected to buy more in the future. The competition is so fierce though, with much cheaper products to order from other companies.

mitea_dan
2019-11-25, 08:24 PM
La bonne nouvelle est que l’électronique reste (SJ Korea)…encore. Disparaitre seulement la manufacture qui est en Chine. Planeurs, MicroMagic, etc. En Allemagne ce n’était rien de beaucoup de temps. Le déclin a commencé en 2010 quand ils ont vendu la plantation de balsa du Costa Rica.