PDA

View Full Version : Controline Nobler

Ricardo
2020-05-25, 10:13 PM
My first flight with this airplane after a long time...

https://youtu.be/5ujfvdNGWl0

Michael O'Bree
2020-05-26, 05:15 AM
Ricardo -
Brilliant.
I never understand how twisted lines don't screw things up.
And I guess you have to keep a tally on how many twists you have done in each direction.
Did you ever use a Control Line simulator to perfect your skills ? I was surprised to see they exist.

Ricardo
2020-05-26, 06:18 AM
Michael,
The lines slide quite well, so they tolerate some amount of twisting. It is vital to keep them clean and free of dents/kinks. And yes, we count the number of loops, and compensate with invered loops.
We also check and untwist them before each flight.

Dwight Macdonald
2020-05-26, 09:50 AM
Nice flight! I recall getting fairly dizzy flying control line. I think the aerobatics must reduce the dizziness.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ian
2020-05-26, 11:51 AM
Thank you for sharing the link to your recorded flight. Very impressive! My father use to fly control-line airplanes and I remember sitting from a distance while he was spinning the airplane around. That you can preserve this hobby-skill is amazing. Maybe you can fly this one day at WIMAC, but I guess you may not have enough space?

Cheers,
-Ian

briankizner
2020-05-26, 12:39 PM
Nice. Reminds me of many years ago as an adolescent flying A Cox PT19 with .049 as well as a Carl Goldberg Lil Wizard. I also had a Cox .020 at the time (Thimble drone?). I had some others too. You are a much better pilot than I ever was. It was missing the smell of glow fuel that got me started in RC as an adult. Thanks for bringing back some memories.

Ricardo
2020-05-26, 03:28 PM
Ian, you are right, there is not enough space at Wimac to be able to takeoff and land. I may build something smaller and without landing gear, that could be hand launched and wouldnt require a clean landing space.

beto9
2020-05-26, 03:40 PM
Muito bon Ricardo

Michael O'Bree
2020-05-26, 04:14 PM
Ian, you are right, there is not enough space at Wimac to be able to takeoff and land. I may build something smaller and without landing gear, that could be hand launched and wouldnt require a clean landing space.

More space than the gym!:D

fbrunet1957
2020-05-28, 12:56 PM
That was fun. Brought old memories.

Thanks for sharing