PDA

View Full Version : Paul's QQ Pitts Python 100

comparf
2008-04-26, 10:44 PM
I have finally finished the assembly of my Quique Pitts Python 100. A very well put together ARF. I enjoyed very much the assembly process of this very light 100 cc biplane. The maiden flight will be next weekend weather permitting. I have adjusted all the servos with the Hitec servo programmer.

comparf
2008-04-26, 10:50 PM
here are some pics

Dwight Macdonald
2008-04-27, 10:11 PM
It looks awesome Paul! I hope it flys as good as it looks! How did you find the ballancing? Mine is quite nose heavy (even with no spinner) ... I put the radio batteries in the tail just at the front of the stabilizer ... a bit of time spent on this part ...

comparf
2008-04-28, 08:50 AM
Thanx Dwight. The only thing I havent done is the balancing. Did you balance the python upright or inverted? Did you use the 1" wooden standoffs for the motor or did you change them? I found the motor stands out quite far with the 1". I used 3/4" aluminum stand offs. even with them it looks too far out.

Dwight Macdonald
2008-04-29, 12:51 AM
I balanced it upright and level along the canopy base. I used the 1" wood standoffs ... didn't want to shorten the plane and change the moment of inertia ... although the batteries in the tail will increase the moment of inertia a fair bit.