PDA

View Full Version : Assistance To Locate a Plane.

mguerrera
2020-09-25, 10:00 AM
My mini-apprentice went down this AM... way beyond.. the large 3 trees on southwest corner of the filed. I wasn't able to locate the plane. I'm hoping there is an advanced drone pilot with a camera might to to scan the area.
If you're such a pilot or you can refer me to one I'd be most appreciative.
Thank-you.

Michael O'Bree
2020-09-25, 10:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your mishap.

I plan to come by with my drone this afternoon around 2pm.

Did you actually see the plane come down or could it have disappeared behind the trees? Back in 2016 I thought one of my Apprentices came down in trees not far from the field and I spent days with other members looking for it - I ended up finding it a week later with the help of a tracker nearly 2 km away near Ch. L'Anse de l'orme !

Could you narrow down where you thought it came down by referencing the closest circle on the attached map. There are quite a few large trees out there.

Thanks.

My mini-apprentice went down this AM... way beyond.. the large 3 trees on southwest corner of the filed. I wasn't able to locate the plane. I'm hoping there is an advanced drone pilot with a camera might to to scan the area.
If you're such a pilot or you can refer me to one I'd be most appreciative.
Thank-you.

Glenn Hole
2020-09-25, 11:36 AM
Hi Mario/Mike.

I will be their around 1:00 with my drone I am sure with two drones we will find it:)

Glenn.

Avnut
2020-09-25, 05:48 PM
Hi Mario,

I also will be out Saturday and Sunday morning and will bring my Mavic Mini.

Sunday I was planning to try and find Dave Amsel's Apprentice as well.
I will watch for your reply with respect to where we might search for your Mini-Apprentice.

For Dave's Apprentice, we are looking in F7, F8, F9, G7, G8, H6, H7.

mguerrera
2020-09-25, 06:06 PM
Hey, thanks guys. Peter Bauer is on the job too.

Tough to pinpoint but I believe:
J7 to J10
K7 to K10
L7 to L10

Also here' a description:

I went down on the south east side (left facing the field @ about 10-11 o’clock). Some people talk about a cell tower? There are three larger trees roughly where most of us turn. My best impression is that it’s over the middle tree and deep! Hopefully that corresponds to what I've indicated on the grid.

Avnut
2020-09-25, 06:52 PM
Thanks Mario.

Let’s see!

Michael O'Bree
2020-09-25, 08:07 PM
Mario -
Unfortunately Glenn and I had no luck in locating your plane with our drone cameras. The tree canopy is pretty thick and there was a wide area to cover.
Also we may not have been searching in the right area.

Michael O'Bree
2020-09-25, 08:21 PM
Now I have looked at your references to Peter's map, Glenn and I were definitely searching in the wrong area. We we relying on your original post "...southwest corner of the filed" !!!

mguerrera
2020-09-26, 07:27 AM
Very sorry for error on the original post. Your efforts are much appreciated.

LucT
2020-09-26, 01:21 PM
Hey, thanks guys. Peter Bauer is on the job too.

Tough to pinpoint but I believe:
J7 to J10
K7 to K10
L7 to L10

Also here' a description:

I went down on the south east side (left facing the field @ about 10-11 o’clock). Some people talk about a cell tower? There are three larger trees roughly where most of us turn. My best impression is that it’s over the middle tree and deep! Hopefully that corresponds to what I've indicated on the grid.

Le triangle des bermudes! The Bermuda Triangle! I lost my beautiful FMS P40 - now resuscitated by Raymond - I've no idea why some receivers are not affected and others yes...I never had any issue with my gas powered Pilot RC Extra 330. Mind you I have a better receiver with satellite antenna in this one.

mguerrera
2020-09-26, 03:54 PM
I was a the field this AM and was able to get a better perspective as to the location on the grid. Best I can tell the general area on the grid is:
J7,J8,J9,K7,K8,K9,L7,L8,L9.