PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all members !

Frankie
2020-11-09, 11:56 AM
Hello to everyone, this is my first time and looking forward to one day meet with and fly my first electric model airplane with WIMAC members ! It was many years ago a good friend brought me along to see his model airplane in action and it really peaked my interest. I ended up buying beginners airplane, the model is the Mini Aero Scout ! I hope to hear from our members and receive guidance and great advice. Thank you and have a nice week !

Wannafly
2020-11-18, 05:40 PM
Hi Frankie. I also became a new member in October so welcome! I was wondering If you were able to arrange an instructor and if so how did you go about getting one? I posted that I was new and looking for an instructor last week but no replies:(
Maybe we can arrange a group training with an instructor? Let me know what you think.
Herb.

raymondb
2020-11-18, 08:08 PM
Welcome to all our new members!

With the current Covid situation, you will surely understand that our instructors are not as responsive as usual...
We all hope for a quick situation improvement so that we can arrange some training sessions. Until then, I don't know if it will be possible.

Stay safe and see you soon.

Wannafly
2020-11-18, 10:23 PM
Thank you for responding Raymond. I do understand and appreciate the situation. I do hope to get out and fly soon. I may just bring my park flyer (170gram S720 foam plane from OMPHOBBY) to the heli pad which is apparently something we can do. I have about 25 hours of flying with it and would not be a hazard to anyone.

Mezri
2020-11-19, 07:06 PM
Hello Frank, first investment is a simulator for RC planes with a good USB device...around 200$, you will learn to fly after 60 to 100 houres... I never needed an instructor or buddy box. After many successive flights with out crashing...you will be ready for one formality flight with instructor to get you wings.
This Covid period is perfect for simulator learning.:rolleyes:
See you soon for the test flight.

Frankie
2020-11-20, 11:56 PM
Hello and welcome Wannafly and Steve xoxo :). I hope everyone is doing well ? Wannafly, my beginner plane is the Mini Aero Scout by Hobbyzone, I have not flown it yet, will be getting my MAAC soon and take it from there ! This is my first time getting into model airplanes as a hobby. So baby steps first and to get as much information from our WIMAC members :). Hi Mezri, can I buy an RC Simulator from any hobby shop ? Take care all and see you soon !

Frankie
2020-11-21, 12:03 AM
I want to give a big Thank You to another WIMAC member who is giving me really good advice about model airplanes ! A big TY to Ian San Agustin :).

Wannafly
2020-11-23, 06:28 PM
Hi Frankie and Mezri. Well I took Mezri's advice and purchased the Real Flight 9.5 flight simulator from Great Hobbies. Should receive it soon. Got the package that comes with the remote control RFL1200 (as recommended by Peter at Teds Hobby Shop) to save the real transmitter from wear. If getting the non remote control included package RFL1201 you still need the wireless dongle WS2000. Save a bit doing this but then you are wearing out the remote you need to fly the real plane. The Apprentice 15e I have uses the same Spectrum remote the simulator uses so it will be like using the real plane remote for me. Would be the same for you too Frankie.
Would have bought from Teds but they do not have any Real Flight simulators in stock and said they cannot get any of them? Jac Hobby website says you have to order it and it is more expensive than Great Hobbies.

I will let you know how it goes with this simulator.

Thanks for all the help!

Will be (should be) ready come first real flight!!

Frankie
2020-11-25, 01:33 PM
Hi Wannafly, another good hobby shop is Distribution aux Modeliste in Laval they have some good stuff ! I have not purchased the RF simulator at this time but planning to do so soon. Take care Wannafly.

Frankie
2020-11-25, 01:38 PM
Hi Fropler !Welcome to WIMAC, happy to have you on board :)

JimmyG
2020-11-25, 02:34 PM
We did have the photo field for wimac that was compatible with Real flight and another sim which I can't remember. It's a great way to learn take off and landing at the field "From both directions while not straying into the no-fly zone"
It's on this site somewhere but can't fined it, Maybe one of the older members can help?
Have fun and safe flying...

Frankie
2020-11-26, 11:43 AM
Hi JimmyG, Ty for the info :)