PDA

View Full Version : New membership and outdoor field status?

Tigron
2021-04-05, 11:15 AM
Hello,
I am RC helicopter pilot in Montreal and am going to join the WIMAC for the 2021 season, but I have some questions:

Does the club still accept new members?
What is the status of the outdoor field? Will it work this year (2021)? Especially the helicopter part. I saw some waring records about possible closure of the filed, but all of them are for previous years 2019 and 2020.
What will be the schedule? Are there are limits and no-fly days? If I become a member, will I be able to use the field on weekends?
Are there any new rules and limitations regarding COVID situation and curfew in Montreal?

Thank you very much for the answers! It will help me take the correct decision.

No need to worry about helicopter instructor. I am experienced pilot and already was a volunteer MAAC instructor myself for CSLRC.

Michael O'Bree
2021-04-05, 12:13 PM
Please see responses below
Hello,
I am RC helicopter pilot in Montreal and am going to join the WIMAC for the 2021 season, but I have some questions:

Does the club still accept new members? Yes
What is the status of the outdoor field? Will it work this year (2021)? Especially the helicopter part. I saw some waring records about possible closure of the filed, but all of them are for previous years 2019 and 2020. Apart for a short period, we have been open during the pandemic, with restrictions - maximum # of plane (4) or heli/drone (2) pilots at a time. Reservation slots: 2 hours each. Social distancing, masks, etc.
What will be the schedule? Are there are limits and no-fly days? The only restrictions are mentioned above. If I become a member, will I be able to use the field on weekends? Yes
Are there any new rules and limitations regarding COVID situation and curfew in Montreal? See above

Thank you very much for the answers! It will help me take the correct decision.

No need to worry about helicopter instructor. I am experienced pilot and already was a volunteer MAAC instructor myself for CSLRC.

Michael O'Bree
2021-04-05, 12:21 PM
Dmitry-
For more detail on the restrictions and the reservation process, see this Field Roll Call section (https://www.wimac.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
The first posting in this section explains the rules

Tigron
2021-04-05, 01:53 PM
Reservation slots: 2 hours each. Social distancing, masks, etc.
Please provide more information on this.
I have checked the roll, there is some unclear for me. For example, what does it mean?
08:00
10:00 pb (lr)(gg)
12:00
14:00
16:00
18:00

Also, the question about masks. What are the mask rules?
What is meant under "etc."

Michael O'Bree
2021-04-05, 04:25 PM
For example, "10:00 pb (lr)(gg)" means:

from 10 am to 12 midday, one plane pilot whose initials are "pb" and two heli/drone pilots (in brackets), whose initials are "lr" and "gg", have reserved this 2 hour time slot on the day mentioned in the title of this thread.
It is explained here:
Accès limité – MIS À JOUR / Limited Access - UPDATED
(https://www.wimac.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8872)

Please provide more information on this.

This is explained in
I have checked the roll, there is some unclear for me. For example, what does it mean?

Mask rules are the same as whatever is currently in force by the government of Quebec

Also, the question about masks. What are the mask rules?
What is meant under "etc."

Tigron
2021-04-05, 04:47 PM
Thank you Michael for the detailed explanation!

wingsAB
2021-04-12, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear the club is still operating outdoors. Do I understand correctly that the are no electric planes allowed after 10am?

Andrew Fernie
2021-04-12, 12:50 PM
Glad to hear the club is still operating outdoors. Do I understand correctly that the are no electric planes allowed after 10am?

Electric is fine any time. The restriction is on gas/glow which may not be flown before 10am.

Tigron
2022-05-15, 07:22 PM
@Michael O'Bree
Hello,
I am bumping this thread up, as for this year 2022 I have the same questions like in the beginning of the thread.

Does the club still accept new members in 2022?
Does the club still use the same field?
Since Quebec has lifted mask restrictions, if the club still has limited access to the field and members have to observe some pandemic restrictions?

Sempai-mj
2022-05-16, 06:43 AM
@Michael O'Bree
Hello,
I am bumping this thread up, as for this year 2022 I have the same questions like in the beginning of the thread.

Does the club still accept new members in 2022?
Does the club still use the same field?
Since Quebec has lifted mask restrictions, if the club still has limited access to the field and members have to observe some pandemic restrictions?

Yes, see membership form here:
https://www.wimac.ca/index.php?page=forms

Yes same field

The access is not limited now, but in very close proximity to another a mask should be worn. (Common Sense should prevail):)

Florin
2022-05-16, 10:22 AM
Thank you Mike for answers.
Dmitry, for any queries/support regarding membership and subscription please contact me at
florin.wimac@gmail.com

Tigron
2022-05-16, 10:28 AM
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

kerno
2022-05-25, 10:32 AM
Hello,

Does the club have many helicopter flyers. I only tend to see fixed wing lately. I'm looking for somewhere to tune correctly and fly.

Regards,

Tony

Sempai-mj
2022-05-25, 01:59 PM
Yes there are Heli pilots

Tigron
2022-05-30, 03:36 PM
Does the club have many helicopter flyers. I only tend to see fixed wing lately. I'm looking for somewhere to tune correctly and fly
I have filled the membership form and hope to join the club soon. I have a good experience in helicopters and may help.
Also, there will be Club Crash Héli Spectaculaire (CCHS 2022) (https://www.clubcrash.ca/cchs2022reg.html) in our MAAC Zone
on June 10-12 that I am going to attend (not in WIMAC, but in Crush club). A lot of heli pilots will be there. This is a really good place to get acquainted and search for some help.

Dmitry, for any queries/support regarding membership and subscription please contact me
I have written you an email.

Florin
2022-05-31, 10:18 AM
I have filled the membership form and hope to join the club soon. I have a good experience in helicopters and may help.
Also, there will be Club Crash Héli Spectaculaire (CCHS 2022) (https://www.clubcrash.ca/cchs2022reg.html) in our MAAC Zone
on June 10-12 that I am going to attend (not in WIMAC, but in Crush club). A lot of heli pilots will be there. This is a really good place to get acquainted and search for some help.

I have written you an email.

I replied.
Regards,
Florin